i have downloaded both (at different times). i complete the install, register and everything. then i cant get to the program. i can see it in advanced,appliactions but now where else. should there be an icon or is there anyother way to launch the program? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-12-09 10:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure Slacker isn't compatible w/ the Storm just yet...
    01-12-09 10:23 AM
    Yes it is.
    01-12-09 11:02 AM
    I'm pretty sure Slacker isn't compatible w/ the Storm just yet...
    They haven't released the storm version yet, but it is compatible. I'm listening to it right now. Have you checked your downloads folder, btw?
    01-12-09 11:34 AM
    how did you dowload slacker? when i go to it on the storm it says it isn't ready for the storm yet.
    01-12-09 11:42 AM
    i have downloaded both (at different times). i complete the install, register and everything. then i cant get to the program. i can see it in advanced,appliactions but now where else. should there be an icon or is there anyother way to launch the program? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The icons are in "Downloads." You can move it out of there if you want by tapping it and then choosing "Move to Folder" from the menu (press the menu key). Moving it to "home" puts it in the main launch screen.
    01-12-09 12:57 PM
    how did you dowload slacker? when i go to it on the storm it says it isn't ready for the storm yet.
    The direct link for the version for all of the other Blackberries is:
    http://www.slacker.com/dwls/bb/slacker_mobile.jad

This will work on the Storm, but isn't officially supported. On the storm, it drops the last 10-20 seconds of every song, and (I think) this counts against your skips per hour allotment.

It works better if you disable compatibility mode from Options - Advanced - Applications.
    01-12-09 01:00 PM
    thanks all! somehow my downloads folder was hidden and i couldnt find it anywhere. finally did though and moved both apps to home screen. still have 1/2 screen with keyboard and it will not go away either enabling or disableing compatibility mode. any more suggestions?
    01-12-09 01:03 PM
    thanks all! somehow my downloads folder was hidden and i couldnt find it anywhere. finally did though and moved both apps to home screen. still have 1/2 screen with keyboard and it will not go away either enabling or disableing compatibility mode. any more suggestions?

It will, be persistent, a battery pull in between disabling and enabling helped me, also.
    The storm version has not been released and the last 20 seconds of songs cuts off, but it is worth it. The caching is frickin awesome too.
    01-12-09 01:07 PM
    thanks a lot but me thinks ill delete both of them. not worth the probs and they are killing my battery. hummm, lemme think on this one for a day or two.

thnaks again all!
    01-12-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD