I went to use slacker today and received an error: "station caching trial expired" "your trial has expired for station caching. please upgrade to slacker radio plus to continue playing cached radio."
    Is caching no longer a free feature? I've been using slacker on my 8320 and now my 9700 forever and have never seen anything like this before! It won't let me play anything cached now!!
    03-22-10 12:28 PM
    I went to use slacker today and received an error: "station caching trial expired" "your trial has expired for station caching. please upgrade to slacker radio plus to continue playing cached radio."
    Is caching no longer a free feature? I've been using slacker on my 8320 and now my 9700 forever and have never seen anything like this before! It won't let me play anything cached now!!
    Version 3.0 has OTA caching and that expires. 2.9 (or whatever the last version is under 3.0) still allows USB caching to memory card and as far as I know that is still part of the non paid subscription.

What version do you have installed?
    03-22-10 12:38 PM
    Yep, you upgraded to 3.0
    03-22-10 12:43 PM
    Using version 3.0.454... I have auto refresh set to off and wireless caching set to wi-fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:44 PM
    Yes, cache play is no longer a FREE item with 3.0, but Streaming is still good, though. Along with OTA refresh, they are only available with a Plus subscription. (among other features) I bit the bullet and signed up after testing for the 14 days. works great.
    03-22-10 01:20 PM
    hmm.... well obviously you didn't do a SEARCH because this was discussed at great length even before 3.0 became available. If you don't wanna pay, keep the 2.XX version installed.... no guarantees that it will work forever though.
    03-22-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD