Hi guys, first time posting here. I am enjoying Slacker on my Storm, but I feel like i may have downloaded a generic version because scrolling seems similar to blackberrys with the wheel and i can only use it in portrait view. I have seen some screen shots of slacker being displayed in landscape and am wondering if there really is a Storm-specific version of slacker. If anyone knows and can post a link I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    04-07-09 02:00 PM
    not trying to hijack your thread but I just thought someone could help me in this thread also

I downloaded slacker on my storm and everything went well but I can't play any stations. It just stays on buffering forever.
    04-07-09 02:12 PM
    OP, go to Slacker.com on your BB and download through there. Also, go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications

Highlight Slcker and be sure "Compatibility Mode" is disabled.

ROFL, reinstall Slacker as well. Be sure you are signed in to the account that you created on your phone.
    04-07-09 02:16 PM
    I downloaded Slacker but for some reason I can not check the box to agree to the terms. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how do I correct it.
    04-07-09 02:26 PM
    I would keep trying. Keep in mind that if your compatibility mode is enabled, scrolling will be opposite than you would normally do on the Storm. You have to think of it as if you are using a trackball and selecting a box to check may not be actually pressing on the box itself, but instead scrolling to the box and pressing wherever on the screen your finger is at while the box is highlighted.
    04-07-09 02:34 PM
    I think the reason my slacker's not working is because I live in Canada

Any Canadian get this to work?
    04-07-09 02:36 PM
    Go to website from storm and download. There is one specific for storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:36 PM
    Hmmm...I cant think of any reason this would matter at all. Slacker streams through your data connection, and any email can be used to register. I may be wrong, but I really dont see any reason it wouldnt work for you.
    04-07-09 02:38 PM
    Slacker won't work in Canada . Laws with the music industry .

04-07-09 02:43 PM
    OP, go to Slacker.com on your BB and download through there. Also, go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications

Highlight Slcker and be sure "Compatibility Mode" is disabled.

ROFL, reinstall Slacker as well. Be sure you are signed in to the account that you created on your phone.
    Or get it at BB App Store.
    04-07-09 02:46 PM
    I'm using version 1.0.25 and it works great. I tried a newer version but it didn't work quite right, so I rolled back.

04-07-09 02:52 PM
    I tried the old version and I lost my ringtones. The new version created all sorts of havoc. So I dumped it for my own sanity.

04-07-09 06:00 PM
    thanks a lot graspdesign. I disabled compatibility mode and it works fine now. Thanks for the help!
    04-09-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD