Will someone tell me if my OS is right so I can check into loading it?

I have the 8330 v4.3 and I'm with Sprint.

Thanks!

Slacker Personal Radio - Support for Subscriptions, Software and Portable Devices

What are the System Requirements for the Slacker BlackBerry Player?
    It is recommended that you use the Slacker Mobile application on BlackBerry phones with an Operating System version 4.5 or higher and have an unlimited data plan with your mobile carrier. While Slacker will work on version 4.3, you may notice some performance issues during playback (versions less than 4.3 are not supported). You will also need a memory card installed to cache stations on your BlackBerry, it is recommended that you have at least 500MB free for the best experience. Slacker is only supported within the United States.
    01-11-09 05:07 PM
    Looking for the Sprint users who have the OS v4.3 & have loaded Slacker. How's it working for you?

I have the v4.3 with the 1gb card that came with the Curve and so far have not used any space on it yet.

amazinglygraceless.... Thanks for your post! The "May notice" kinda worries me.
    01-11-09 05:32 PM
    Looking for the Sprint users who have the OS v4.3 & have loaded Slacker. How's it working for you?

I have the v4.3 with the 1gb card that came with the Curve and so far have not used any space on it yet.

No Sprint v4.3 users of Slacker here?
    01-11-09 06:21 PM
    No Sprint v4.3 users of Slacker here?
    I'm using it on 4.3. It's working quite well.
    01-11-09 06:41 PM
    I'm using it on 4.3. It's working quite well.
    Thanks, randabis. Did you have any issues loading & setting it up?
    01-11-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks, randabis. Did you have any issues loading & setting it up?
    None whatsoever.
    01-11-09 06:58 PM
    While holding the alt key, hit escape. This brings up a list of running apps including the home screen. Continue holding the alt key and scroll to the app you want to switch to then release alt. You most hold the alt key at all times until you select the app you want.
    Thanks for the instructions. Much easier than clicking the escape arrow several times to get to the home screen.

Different question: Does anyone know if clicking "ban" during a song counts as a "skip" since the banned song immediately stops playing and the next song starts playing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears they do count as a skip because when I just skipped my first song after banning a couple it said "2 skips remaining."
    Last edited by Lacey_Underalls; 01-11-09 at 08:52 PM.
    01-11-09 08:46 PM
    Downloaded Slacker last night on VZW Curve 8330 4.5 OS and it is awesome!
    No buffering problems at all and it plays like a charm. It's a very neat, free app that makes my phone much more addictive. (If that's even possible).

I can deal with a commercial every now and then, but I really don't like having only 6 skips per hour per station...but it's doable. I won't upgrade to the 3.99 commercial free, unlimited skip version, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 09:23 PM

I've used on both 4.3 and 4.5..It works fine on both..I thinks it's alittle smoother on 4.5..
    01-11-09 09:26 PM
    Which would be the better way downloading slacker. Using pc or the Blackberry?
    01-11-09 10:07 PM
    Which would be the better way downloading slacker. Using pc or the Blackberry?
    From the phone. I am not even sure if there is a desktop download.
    01-11-09 10:17 PM
    If you had only a 1 gig card that is still unused would you load Slacker on your BB?

Hope this is my last question before I download!!
    01-11-09 10:32 PM
    If you had only a 1 gig card that is still unused would you load Slacker on your BB?

Hope this is my last question before I download!!
    Yes, just keep in mind that at least half the space on the card (500mb) needs
    to be free for you to cache stations.

Install it. If it does not work right, uninstall it. It's free so all you lost was
    a little time. Also, check out the FAQ's on the Slacker website.
    01-11-09 10:36 PM
    So when you cache a station it just saves the songs to your MicroSD, then when you play them your not using any Data or need a connection?

Also is there a way to play the Cached station without going into the Slacker app? I don't think you can play them on the Blackberry player.

Thanks
    01-12-09 09:33 AM
    Haven't heard any Pearl users comment yet. I figured I would. I downloaded and installed this over the weekend and it works great! However, it does like to drain the life out of you battery after a while.
    01-12-09 09:57 AM
    I downloaded Slacker last night after reading this forum and I'm so glad I got hip to it! Now my berry Staci (that's what I named her) and I even more attached!! Thanks guys for making my berry more cracky!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 12:48 PM
    from slacker.com support the program currently is not working on the 8350i but slacker is working on it. hopefully we'll get the program also
    01-12-09 05:47 PM
    Had a problem getting the autorun to recognize the slacker update. I had to change the mass media function to "Prompt me" rather than "automatic" in the media card options in BB. Now when I plug into the USB on the computer I get the option in autorun to connnect to slacker to update any cached stations. Hope this helps others. I see others having the same issues I did.
    01-13-09 10:51 AM
    So, here's the thing... And I haven't heard this anywhere else...

I installed the Slacker Player onto my 8330, Verizon Curve, OS4.5.0.77.

Only issue during setup was the need to turn off my firewall to let it login correctly the first time...

Player works as advertised, as does Caching my stations onto my MicroSD Card...

However, my battery life was just HORRIBLE after installing this app...

I tried making sure that Slacker was "off" by Closing it... but still had issues...

I got, and now get again, 2days+ of battery life under my normal usage... After installing Slacker 1.0.3, I don't think I was able to last for 8 hours... and that was with Slacker supposedly OFF...

Anyway, anyone else having this type of issue????

Thanks...
    01-13-09 11:30 AM
    I have the exact config as you... 8330, with .077 OS.

I installed Slacker about a week ago and it seems fine to me. I don't use caching. During this time, I have not seen any appreciable extra drain on my battery. I don't play it all that often and always "close" the app when I'm done.
    02-02-09 09:38 PM
    this was Postby rogersdc on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm on the Slacker Blackberry forum:
    1) plug in the bberry and do not start desktop manager (not needed)
    2) on the bberry, turn on mass storage (select Yes)
    3) on the computer, use explorer to browse to the bberry device or memory card
    4) right click on slacker.synclauncher.exe and select "Run as administrator"
    5) when it finishes, unplug the bberry
    6) if slacker is running on the bberry, shut it down then restart it; if not, start slacker

this has worked for me
    Thanks for this! I've had slacker for a couple weeks now but have not been able to cache stations until I tried it this way. Worked like a charm!

I love this site!!
    02-03-09 08:49 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD