I updated to the latest Slacker (.459) the other day. And again, I had to uninstall the old one, delete all the slacker stuff on the 9700, then install the latest, re-cache ALL my stations, etc... So last night I set it up for OTA refresh, and when I pick up the phone it has erased all my cached stations! I thought maybe it was some cruel April Fool's joke. Close it, re-open and sure enough they're ALL gone. Curious if anyone else had the issue? A note to slacker support was sent this AM, but nothing back from them just yet. As as it happens, as of this past Monday- for some reason slacker.com has been blocked in a group policy here at work, so I can't get to their forums til at least this evening.

AT&T, 9700, running .405
    04-01-10 08:59 AM
    SON OF A .... After TWO battery pulls for other reasons... Guess what shows up? yup, my cached stations... Got to find out what the heck that was about... or was it a cruel april fool's joke?
    04-01-10 10:36 AM
    Might wanna try the new update, just downloaded and noticed it's .462 now.
    04-01-10 07:18 PM
    better not be ANOTHER April fool's!!! That's ridiculous. Every frikkin time they update, then we have to re-cache everything all over again. It's a pain because I make sure to delete ALL the existing stuff related to slacker before I install a new version. I had problems with the earlier versions NOT getting rid of the info on the card.
    04-01-10 08:48 PM
    better not be ANOTHER April fool's!!! That's ridiculous. Every frikkin time they update, then we have to re-cache everything all over again. It's a pain because I make sure to delete ALL the existing stuff related to slacker before I install a new version. I had problems with the earlier versions NOT getting rid of the info on the card.
    Since the 3.0 versions, they have implemented a "Reset Slacker" option in the settings menu, which does just that.
    04-02-10 05:22 AM
    Looks like I spoke to soon, .463 now and no April Fools either.
    04-02-10 05:31 AM
    Since the 3.0 versions, they have implemented a "Reset Slacker" option in the settings menu, which does just that.
    why should I have to do that in the first place? If I have 8 cached stations, Why can't Slacker KNOW that I have them cached when it updates. It's updating the APPLICATION, not the music files. It should do an update in 30 seconds and remember what I have.
    04-02-10 08:47 AM
    Something to do with licensing of the music

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-02-10 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD