i did search, but didnt find anything... my slacker isnt working right. im still running slacker 2.0. since the "offical" update it just buffers. when it does play i get a grey pixel box where the cover art normally is and no artist or song info. anyone else having these issues? does anyone have a fix? thanx in advance.
    04-07-10 11:39 AM
    I am running Slacker 2.0.91 and with .607 I am getting the same thing. Cover art is a pixely mess (not just low resolution, just a bunch of random pixels).
    04-07-10 02:15 PM
    I did an uninstall, batt pull, disable compatibility mode, and now I don't even have pixels for cover art. It's all just black. It says artist name and song and next artist/song, but there aren't even any controls (play, pause, etc.). Clicking the cover art brings up a white screen. Doing another batt pull now...
    04-07-10 02:59 PM
    I just tried running the app and Im getting the same issue. did couple of bat pulls and no luck...
    04-07-10 03:07 PM
    I am currently using the app now and I am getting the same issue. Maybe I will switch to wifi and see if that changes anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 03:23 PM
    I'm running the latest version of Slacker (3.0.459) and it works great!!! In fact, Slacker has never worked better for me. It's fast (on and off wifi), syncs great with the computer too, I've never been happier with Slacker...
    04-07-10 03:32 PM
    I'm running the latest version of Slacker (3.0.459) and it works great!!! In fact, Slacker has never worked better for me. It's fast (on and off wifi), syncs great with the computer too, I've never been happier with Slacker...
    actually 3.0.464 is the latest
    04-07-10 04:26 PM
    Just downloaded, I think it came out today, so I'm not that far behind... Still working great though.
    04-07-10 04:48 PM
    Only bad thing bout updating to the new version is the fact that u can't cache your stations for free anymore.(at least that is my understanding) if that's not the case sorry...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 07:48 PM
    Syncing still works just fine. I have a Slacker Radio icon on my media card. I plug the phone in, navigate to the media card, and click the icon. It caches all my stations perfectly.

With the paid version, you are now able to cache by not plugging the phone in. It does it OTA. This feature isn't available in the free version, the old way is though. Nothing as changed in the free version.
    04-07-10 09:43 PM
    Syncing still works just fine. I have a Slacker Radio icon on my media card. I plug the phone in, navigate to the media card, and click the icon. It caches all my stations perfectly.

With the paid version, you are now able to cache by not plugging the phone in. It does it OTA. This feature isn't available in the free version, the old way is though. Nothing as changed in the free version.
    Are you sure that's true? My understanding was that caching works on the new version for free, but only for the 14 day trial period. After that, there is no caching (OTA or wired). Have you had the 3.x version (without the paid subscription) for longer than the trial period??
    04-08-10 08:48 AM
    I just looked it up in the Slacker forums. Unless it's changed since 2/24/10, NO caching after the trial period can be done with the basic (free) subscription on 3.x.

Official Slacker Forums • Version 3 Caching with Basic Subscription

Version 2.0.91 is the last version to allow caching on the free subscription. That's why I am so concerned about 2.0.91 not working with .607. They won't be coming out with updates to the 2.x version to fix it. The only solution would be to go with 3.x. If caching is important to you, that will cost you a monthly fee.

Bummer!
    04-08-10 09:28 AM
    Are you sure that's true? My understanding was that caching works on the new version for free, but only for the 14 day trial period. After that, there is no caching (OTA or wired). Have you had the 3.x version (without the paid subscription) for longer than the trial period??
    Finally, someone nails down a good question about the caching! I have wondered this as well and had the paid subscription, but chose not to renew it! There are many free alternatives and I just hate subscriptions! Without the option to cache I really don't need Slacker anymore, so they will lose me as an add based user as well. I'm not slamming Slacker and have really enjoyed the use of it, both free and a paid subscription for six months. It's just that without station caching, I mide as well just use any other free alternative.
    04-08-10 09:29 AM
    They'll retain me as an add based user because, I just rolled back to Slacker 2.0.91 couldn't find a back up on my pc anywhere? But did manage to find this link here on Slacker.com still hosting 2.0.91. Besides station caching, 2.0 works with Quicklaunch!
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 04-08-10 at 11:06 AM.
    04-08-10 10:16 AM
    downloaded 3.0 just did a cache... didnt do the 14 day trial.
    04-08-10 11:11 AM
    downloaded 3.0 just did a cache... didnt do the 14 day trial.
    Just downloading and installing 3.0 starts you on the 14 day trail for caching. You just won't see anything about it until the 14 days are up. Then it will tell you that you can't cache because you are out of your trial period. If I remember correctly, I don't think it will even let you play a station that you already have cached (cached it before trial expired) once the 14 days are up. I think I got the notification that I couldn't use cached stations because my trial period was up not when I tried caching, but when I tried to listed to a cached station.

I knew going into 3.x that I wouldn't be able to cache after 14 days, I just wanted to see what the new version was like. I was perfectly content reverting back to 2.0.91 to cache for free. Since it now looks like 2.0.91 doesn't work with .607 and Slacker won't be fixing an old version, we are out of luck. This may be the straw that broke the camels back and I may have to downgrade my OS. I gotta have my cached stations and I would like to do it for free, if possible, since I have it on 3 9950's in our house!
    04-08-10 11:20 AM
    Good info here, thanks.
    07-27-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD