Wth has happened to one of the good music players on bb? I now have to upgrade to listen to my cached stations? Pfft anyone know something similar to slacker that has genre selection of music like slaker, cause if I have to upgrade to listen to cache then forget it!
    11-12-10 11:41 PM
    Pandora has always been top-notch... I know that's generic, but hey it seems to always pick the right songs
    11-12-10 11:49 PM
    Pandora has always been top-notch... I know that's generic, but hey it seems to always pick the right songs
    I agree re: Pandora. It is also possible to add more variety to a station by picking more artists when logged in to the Pandora site on a PC. For instance, I created a station on my PC that plays Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax (plus it plays many other artists that are similar to those 4). So I have a good variety of metal on that station.

If you like a different genre, just create a station by picking an artist of that genre and then add more artists that are from the same genre by choosing to add variety. On your PC, you can even change the name of the station to the genre your artists are from after you add the variety. Any stations you create on your PC on Pandora's site will show up in the Pandora app on your BlackBerry.
    Last edited by lak611; 11-13-10 at 12:02 AM.
    11-12-10 11:58 PM
    I usually listen to CIUT 89.5 FM or CKLN 88.1 FM, mostly on the radio, or online if I'm not anywhere near a radio or when there's too much interference to even get those stations.

There's apps that allow you to add a custom stream, such as berrytunes, I just need to buy it as the free trial ended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 04:01 AM
    I got rid of Slacker quite some time ago. Offered a great app for free then started pulling features little by little. Goodbye. I use Pandora and TuneIn Radio for my music needs.
    11-13-10 05:59 AM
    I got rid of Slacker quite some time ago. Offered a great app for free then started pulling features little by little. Goodbye. I use Pandora and TuneIn Radio for my music needs.
    I stopped using Slacker on both my laptop and my BB since I had repeated technical problems with the site and they simply kept making it harder and harder to use their service. Pandora is clearly winning the online/mobile music war against Slacker and it seems that Slacker is now just grasping for anything they can get.

Switch to Pandora and you won't regret it.

11-13-10 06:15 AM
    I have a Slacker subscription. But I'm likely to let that lapse. I have a wide ranging taste in music. Some types call for more instrumental than vocal (such as jazz), but lately I'm getting 4 or more vocals in a row & "related" artists that don't fit the style of music.

My favorite music service is Live365, which works fine on the WM & Android phones I've had & on my pc. But the BB app seems to think my connection is worse enough to limit which stations it thinks I can enjoy the quality of. And the redesigned website makes it impossible to log in that way on my phone.
    11-13-10 08:09 AM
    Slacker is still working fine for me?

But I also have Pandora and iHeartradio...lol!

11-13-10 08:34 AM
    Slacker is still working fine for me?

But I also have Pandora and iHeartradio...lol!

When I go and click on my cached stations, it tells me my trial period to use my cached is expired. I need to either upgrade or choose cancel and stream music. Well I see alot of people saying pandora so I guess I will give them a go, if anyone has other suggestions let me know thanks
    11-13-10 10:38 AM
    Slacker has been doing this for several months. It wasn't "all of a sudden". Pandora is fine for what it does, but if you want cached stations for listening while in a subway or out of signal range, then Slacker is the best choice other than actually buying music and loading them on the BB. I use it for commuting and with an FM transmitter in the car, its worth the 4 bucks a month. Wireless cache refresh while charging is a plus.

11-13-10 01:49 PM
    I can't use the cached stations anymore according to them, so all i have is streaming and sometimes that use is non exhistant due to signal loss. Does anyone know of any other players with cache ability?
    11-13-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD