I updated to version 2.0.45 last night and noticed a few interesting things:

1) You can now control the volume when Slacker is in the background (there's even a "Slacker Radio" option in the BB menu when the app is in the background);

2) On my Verizon 1XEV connection, I can now skip to the next song instantaneously after the current song plays for about 8-10 seconds, compared to the 12-15 seconds in previous versions of Slacker 2.0; and

3) Slacker seems to do a better job of resuming play after an alert sound is played.

All in all, I've been very happy with the constant improvements to the Slacker application over the past several months!
    09-01-09 11:08 AM
    Awesome! It's nice that Slacker seems focused on Blackberry rather than some of the other streaming apps that cater to the "other guys....."
    09-01-09 11:11 AM
    Awesome! It's nice that Slacker seems focused on Blackberry rather than some of the other streaming apps that cater to the "other guys....."
    It's very refreshing, isn't it? Slacker is one of the few apps that are arguably better on the BB than on the iPhone, given that we can use the caching feature on the BB version and the iPhone cannot.
    09-01-09 11:13 AM
    This app just keeps getting better. Although I do miss the fact that if I wanted to repeat a song I just had to launch the camera app.
    09-01-09 11:29 AM
    Where is the Canadian love for these type of online radios with GOD DAM COMMERCIALS !
    09-01-09 11:31 AM
    Still messes with the camera on the Tour.
    After using Slacker for about 2 hours the only way to got to the camera is to do a battery pull and wait 5 min.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD