is it possible to use skype without data plan?
    03-28-10 05:55 PM
    Then how do you have a BB. I do believe when you buy a BB from a carrier, you need a BIS or BES plan. Unless you bought it off ebay and had it unlocked and your using ATT or T-Mo.

But if you were to go through VZW, they will put you on a BIS plan at minimum and then you can use Skype. Also Skype will only work for VZW customers.
    03-28-10 07:01 PM
    is it possible to use skype without data plan?
    Not at this time. You must have VZW to use Skype, and you must have a data plan to use a BlackBerry on VZW.
    03-28-10 07:02 PM
    Considering Skype works over data, not only is it not possible to use it without data, it would be stupid to use it without a data plan. If you have a BB, why would you cripple it by not having a data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 07:20 PM
    Yes, i got my phone off ebay just got it like 3 days ago, but i am considering what data plan to get, I think i want a family data plan for 2 people (although only me uses the data), and i want the cheapest possible(500MB or less is fine), i am located in Ontario Canada, anyone got suggestions?
    03-28-10 07:32 PM
    Get the $30 data plan.

Wait, your using Verizon in Canada???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 08:36 PM
    well i got my phone on ebay, unlocked, but has the verizon logo on the battery door, everything works now without data plan except blackberry email or the maps (but i use Mobile Gmaps, which works well), so i want the cheapest family plan available that gives me minimal amount of data (i have wifi access almost 24 hours a day)
    03-28-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD