Is there an all in one twitter, facebook, gtalk, yahoo and skype messenger service that allows you to make VOIP calls from the bold.

At present I use IM+ as a messenger but I have to switch to iskoot or IM+ talk to call a skype contact when we deside to talk. - is there an app that just allows you to call a skype contact after you see they are on line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 12:56 PM
    I thought "IM+ Talk" does this?
    07-20-10 08:27 PM
    Yes but IM+ talk does not link to twitter google talk etc

07-21-10 01:53 AM
    IM+ Talk is the only (half-duplex) VOIP (over wifi) client out there right now. There aren't any other options.

iSkoot will also work with chat, and will connect to Skype for voice communications (via phone call).

Verizon customers can use the Skype-made client, but I think it is also based on phone calls.

That's pretty much it for Skype/VOIP clients. Until RIM opens up APIs for developers to creat VOIP clients, there really aren't that many options available right now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-21-10 07:12 AM
    So if I want to talk to my buddy whilst he is on his computer and I am on my mobile - I have to use IM+ talk or iskoot. Iof my buddy wants to talk to me using skype - I have to have IM+talk only - is that what you mean

07-21-10 09:58 AM
    Am I the only one who is confused by this?

Is there something out there (for Sprint - we all know about the VZW Skype app) that will let me call a Skype user from my 9650 Bold (on Sprint) without using minutes but using data(like the Skype app for VZW?)
    07-21-10 01:57 PM
    Yes, you should be able to load IM+ Talk and use it for Skype text chatting and VOIP calls (half-duplex over wifi). Currently, this is the only VOIP option for non-VZW customrs, and requires wifi to use the VOIP option. It can still make calls into Skype's network for Skype calls, but that uses minutes.

If you wanted to have AIM, GT, YM!, or other chat apps, you would use a different app, like IM+, Nimbuzz, Palringo, or BeeJive.

I believe the VZW Skype app still makes a call into their network, it just doesn't use minutes for the call. It's not true VOIP.
    07-21-10 04:00 PM
    Yes, you should be able to load IM+ Talk and use it for Skype text chatting and VOIP calls (half-duplex over wifi). Currently, this is the only VOIP option for non-VZW customrs, and requires wifi to use the VOIP option. It can still make calls into Skype's network for Skype calls, but that uses minutes.

If you wanted to have AIM, GT, YM!, or other chat apps, you would use a different app, like IM+, Nimbuzz, Palringo, or BeeJive.

I believe the VZW Skype app still makes a call into their network, it just doesn't use minutes for the call. It's not true VOIP.
    OK - so with M+ Talk I can use wi-fi to call a Skype member or use my minutes (but no additional charges) - is that correct?
    07-21-10 08:46 PM
    Ouch IM+ Talk is $30. Does this app go on sale like Tether or Bellshare stuff?

I'd hate to buy it at full price just to see it go on sale next week.
    07-21-10 08:56 PM
    I don't know but it is that money that spurs me to find an alternative - nimbuzz does skype chat for free, twitter annd facebook have their own apps - but it would be nice to have all 3 together

07-22-10 04:14 PM
    I'm looking for a way to chat with family who have iphones from my storm2. I was thinking skype would work. I have the skype app as I'm on Verizon. Is there anything iphones can use so we can talk over data?

07-26-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD