So who's all excited about this! I can't wait...
    04-29-09 08:58 PM
    Sweet lol, I used to use skype a lot but kinda lost interested and uninstalled it from my comp lol. Might have to give the mobile version a try.
    04-29-09 09:07 PM
    And where the **** are you pulling this from? Your arse? I shouldnt bite but I'm bored..... lets hear what you claim to have heard
    04-29-09 09:09 PM
    how are you going to have video when the camera is facing the wrong way???
    04-29-09 09:11 PM
    And where the **** are you pulling this from? Your arse? I shouldnt bite but I'm bored..... lets hear what you claim to have heard
    Ummmm.... How's this for a source:

http://crackberry.com/skype-coming-blackberry-may
    04-29-09 09:12 PM
    how are you going to have video when the camera is facing the wrong way???
    Skype isn't just for video conferencing...
    04-29-09 09:13 PM
    sweet =)

we can all drop our phone plans and use the internet =)
    04-29-09 09:14 PM
    Yay for the edit button... no need to be a smart ***... His post in no way sounded like he was being rude to you, calm down turbo...
    04-29-09 09:14 PM
    I used in on my now dead Samsung I760 when switched to wifi mode. Worked well, but not very good over Verizon's 3g network. Lot of lag time when not using wifi.
    04-29-09 09:22 PM
    Ummmm.... How's this for a source:

Skype Coming To BlackBerry In May! | CrackBerry.com
    Lolz, how the **** did I miss that.... Anyways, yeah, that would be the place you got it from . However, WES is not for another week, so technically it would be longer, and it would suck even more because I belive they havent tested a version for the Storm, but I might just be thinking of SkyFire. At any rate, you got me carry on, and I do hope they come with a nice Skype app as well.
    04-29-09 09:22 PM
    Sounds like another great addition for the BlackBerry!
    04-29-09 09:23 PM
    Lolz, how the **** did I miss that.... Anyways, yeah, that would be the place you got it from . However, WES is not for another week, so technically it would be longer, and it would suck even more because I belive they havent tested a version for the Storm, but I might just be thinking of SkyFire. At any rate, you got me carry on, and I do hope they come with a nice Skype app as well.
    Yeah I can't wait... as long as there is light at the end of the tunnel... So gald I held out instead of paying $30 for IM+ Skype
    04-29-09 09:27 PM
    I wonder if you can use it to make calls back home when traveling international?
    04-29-09 09:32 PM
    not sure I understand the excitement for skype on the storm

suppose its cool if you use it as you IM client, but I feel AIM/BBM is good enough...

w/o the video chatting, skype on the storm seems kinda anticlimatic with 4 other IM services already

now if they get a Facebook chat client, well, then call me excited
    04-29-09 09:43 PM
    I wonder if you can use it to make calls back home when traveling international?
    I am really hoping for this as I will be traveling in a few weeks...... if the SwineFlu gets under control. Technically it should as long as you have international data, and as long as its a fully functioning app that lets you talk and is not just a IM client. I can live without the video.

I do hope it does come out though, and with a specific version for the Storm, and to work without any extra cr@p/requirements .
    Last edited by nemo-maritime; 04-29-09 at 09:48 PM.
    04-29-09 09:45 PM
    skype is awesome. Buy the calling plan and u can call landlines for free.
    04-29-09 10:26 PM
    Skype may be coming to blackberry, but not the storm. Skype will only be available to blackberries with wifi... there is just too much information... Verizon especially will not allow this...using Skype over their network will backup all the data traffic throughout their network...i wish though...
    04-29-09 10:27 PM
    im hyped over it plz tell me its true
    04-29-09 10:57 PM
    good call...other sites that have commented on skype for blackberries claim that it will only be available for wifi devices though
    04-29-09 11:19 PM
    Why does everyone assume that when it says 'May' that that means May 1st? Assume perhaps May 30 and you are more likely to be close. :-)
    04-30-09 12:09 PM
    I use iSkoot for Skype and it works very well. It uses the EVDO data connection for the contact list and all text-chatting.

When you initiate a Skype call, it brings up the phone and calls a local (to your country) number and connects you to the Skype caller via that.

So, the only 'cost' with an outgoing Skype call (to someone with a PC-based Skype account anywhere in the world) is your Verizon minutes. So, if it's a night or weekend, it's 100% free.

You can choose to enable or diable accepting incoming Skype calls. Incoming Skype calls require "SkypeOut" minutes.

But, it works. It 100% works. I've called a friend in Germany with it and talked to him for 90 minutes. During the call, he was able to conference in another mutual friend. 3-way Skype call...all free.

And the app is free too.

iSkoot for Skype � iSkoot
    05-01-09 09:06 AM
    Skype may be coming to blackberry, but not the storm. Skype will only be available to blackberries with wifi... there is just too much information... Verizon especially will not allow this...using Skype over their network will backup all the data traffic throughout their network...i wish though...

Hey brycekerr

...it's not only VERIZON in the world.. STORM has a 9500 version too, and we don't have your suck carrier ( ex: GPS locked... if it will happens in europe management will be fired)

There are also Vodafone (the biggest carrier in the world), Telus, Simobile, A1, O2, Orange, H3G, TIM, etc.... the world is not only U.S.A

so..you have to specify.. SKYPE is not for VERIZON USERS 9530 Storm, that's it!

we are europeans.. and we are not used to Censure!!!

Fiat save Chrysler today ... (great day for you today)
    Last edited by blackberryitalian; 05-01-09 at 09:43 AM.
    05-01-09 09:33 AM
    Nice! This is one I've been waiting on!
    05-01-09 09:35 AM
    Wow!! I was way off on that release date at least a beta leak did show up though and I can say that it works beautifully as long as you take time to figure it out

More details here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sk...ighlight=skype
    06-03-09 11:48 PM
    I don't know either way about WiFi only. However I did apply to be a beta tester and was accepted with them knowing my BB was a Storm 9530 on Verizon. Nothing concrete but it does lend credence to it not being WiFi only. Now only if hadn't been out of town when I needed to submit the info for their NDA's....but then I couldn't even mention this part so....
    06-04-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD