Yep it's gone.....................
    07-27-09 02:04 PM
    haha its not gone -.- i got the jads still. but yea, i'm running 5.0 and running on compability mode. but i dont see the point of using this.
    07-27-09 02:18 PM
    Wow, I fell over myself seeing the Skype OTA here. I can't get it to work tho. I get as far as the screen where you choose your language, but for some reason I can't select English. I'm hoping another battery pull will cure it.
    07-27-09 02:33 PM
    haha its not gone -.- i got the jads still. but yea, i'm running 5.0 and running on compability mode. but i dont see the point of using this.
    the installs are there, yes. but.

Whoever leaked the Skyfire alpha is just a complete DUMBASS! And anyone who posted said leaks are even BIGGER DUMBASSES!! Idiots!
    @magnus420 man people leaked it and then hosted it and put up on big sites. Now the entire program is closed down.
    i didnt try the skyfire cause i was reading people having problems with it. but this still sucks that skyfire is closing the program down. imagine if RIM had done that with BBM5 that leaked? yikes..
    07-27-09 02:46 PM
    thanks alot!
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    I am surprised they had not protocol set up. I moved to a Storm in November and now the Tour. That is the one app I miss. When I got in the first testing on WM they required me to sign up for the website and have my Cell number tied to it. When I would flash my 6800 to new Roms it caused issues and required me to resend a link via skyfire.com.
    07-27-09 02:53 PM
    been waiting for this, thanks
    07-27-09 02:55 PM
    It's only temporary. Not the end of the world.
    07-27-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah... Skype is unusable on the Storm. Can't get past the screen to choose the language. That sucks.... I would have liked to have played with that.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong. You can use the Q button to accept... now to see if I can play with this a bit.

EDIT 2: And... looks like Skype has crapped out on me and turned my phone in to sludge. Darn.

I got to the signin screen but am only able to put my username in... how do I get it to move down to 'password'?
    07-27-09 04:34 PM
    out of leaking, installing, and hosting, hosting hurt them the worst. you think you're helping the community by sharing, and you ended up bringing the project to it's knees.

it's not as simple as you would think to solve the problem. trust me.
    ok seriously this is a little un-necessary. i can guarantee that if anybody else came across this, they would have found a way to host it and post it. any application that a creator makes intends on keeping confidential but in this day and age if its worth value, people will find it and expose it. im not saying skyfire has no right to be angered or aggravated but they should have had the expectation for it to happen and to have plans set up if it did leak. you cant blame anybody but yourself for anything. people had a choice to download it, nobody made anybody do anything. at this point you cant change what has already happened so stop over reacting and if you want the app to still happen figure out ways to get them to keep working on it or find somthing better, just DO somthing rather than complaining and blaming people. yes sombody did host it and it was in the open for people to download but EVERYBODY WHO DOWNLOADED IT HAD THE CHOICE OF DOWNLOADING IT.
    07-27-09 05:34 PM
    right... cause i'm sure they're chomping at the bit to get it back up and running, just so you can mess it up again.
    Really hope you have never installed any of the 9530 OS leaks than because you'd just be a hypocrite lol
    Last edited by delucad1; 07-27-09 at 06:47 PM.
    07-27-09 06:36 PM
    @paulmike3

Which OS are you running?
    07-27-09 06:46 PM
    out of leaking, installing, and hosting, hosting hurt them the worst. you think you're helping the community by sharing, and you ended up bringing the project to it's knees.

it's not as simple as you would think to solve the problem. trust me.
    Skyfire - 7000+ Downloads - no wonder the server got ownt.
    There's no doubt they'll be back, with that kinda interest in it
    and I bet you use leaks of one sort or another - OS or app... so uh.. que passa?
    Last edited by lyricidal; 07-27-09 at 07:26 PM.
    07-27-09 07:24 PM
    ...I bet you use leaks of one sort or another - OS or app... so uh.. que passa?
    Why do you think I asked? I hate hypocrites.
    07-27-09 07:49 PM
    Hey Lyric. Not to get off topic but are you planning on making an installer for your 5.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 07:53 PM
    Who cares? How much could it have stalled it? Like a month tops?
    07-28-09 12:33 AM
    why not just use iskoot?
    07-28-09 01:52 AM
    I got to the signin screen but am only able to put my username in... how do I get it to move down to 'password'?
    As long as you have enabled compatibility mode you can drag your finger on the screen up, down left or right and it should move the selected area.

I have Skype working on my Storm perfectly. Other than the fact that I have to use the keyboard vertically, its fast and works quite well for chat. I havent found out how to call a skype contact yet or even if its possible. There also is a strange "update" when you sign on. I downloaded it and it puts a new icon on my phone, but it doesnt do a thing, so I just deleted it.
    07-28-09 05:32 AM
    BTW, for the Storm, use "Q" for left soft key, "P" for right soft key, and "space" to select any highlighted choices.
    07-28-09 05:42 AM
    its pretty easy to change it so only the new version will work on the servers....so this isnt a problem
    07-30-09 03:15 PM
    its pretty easy to change it so only the new version will work on the servers....so this isnt a problem
    This is true, until that leaks too.
    07-30-09 03:26 PM
    Can We Please Just Lock This Thread. It Is Getting To The Point That This Has Nothing To Do With The Apps Themselves Just People Going Back At Each Other. There Is No More Need For This Thread.

ADDED BY PK!........

AMEN BROTHER, thread closed! (cleaned up a bit too)
    07-30-09 03:29 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD