So after trying the "Official" Verizon .607 os for a week and absolutely hating the fact that after 4 hours my battery was dead, I went back to the leaked .517 version from telus that I absolutely love and have had not one problem with since I've used it all this time. I can leave my Storm 2 off the charger for 2 days while fully using all the features. Does anyone know how to make skype work on an os that's not an official Verizon one? or is there no way. I liked the Skype feature, but I'm not willing to trade it for a crappy battery life.
    Thanks
    05-15-10 12:01 PM
    I'd like to know as well. I've previously used Skype on my WM phone by simply tapping into a wifi while away from any network connection... why is it not the same on BB?
    05-15-10 12:09 PM
    I didnt know skype was OS dependant. If I remember correctly, I think I downloaded it when I was using a leaked OS, cause I think I had it before .607 came out. But then again, I could be wrong. I'd let someone else confirm. But I think its network dependant, not OS depenant
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-16-10 at 06:51 PM.
    05-15-10 12:12 PM
    Thanks, I'll try re-installing it. I REALLY do not want to go back to the Verizon OS. I'm very happy with the .517 that I'm using.
    05-15-10 12:28 PM
    .607 sucks!! Definitely don't go back. I'm running a .517 hybrid and Skype works just fine.
    05-15-10 04:43 PM
    Just came from Storm 1, now on Storm 2 both with Bell Mobility. Battery life seems much worse on the Storm 2. I have the screen down to 10, network on 1XEV. I took the last phone back after 2 days, but this one seems the same....thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 05:00 PM
    Just came from Storm 1, now on Storm 2 both with Bell Mobility. Battery life seems much worse on the Storm 2. I have the screen down to 10, network on 1XEV. I took the last phone back after 2 days, but this one seems the same....thoughts?

What kind of apps are you running? I seem to have no problems with battery life. I can usualy go 2 days easy and I am using a cheap replacement battery off eBay.

05-15-10 05:12 PM
    What kind of apps are you running? I seem to have no problems with battery life. I can usualy go 2 days easy and I am using a cheap replacement battery off eBay.

Nothing crazy, but I am going to try using the stock theme instead of the OS 6. Great theme, but I need battery life. Hopefully RIM will give us the real thing.

05-15-10 07:11 PM
    Skype should work fine on any OS as long as you're using Verizon as your carrier.
    05-16-10 04:01 AM
    thats what I thought
    05-16-10 06:51 PM
    I've been on skype for the past month. I'm on .451.

05-16-10 07:07 PM
    .607 sucks!! Definitely don't go back. I'm running a .517 hybrid and Skype works just fine.
    And how is the battery life with the .517.
    IMO. Skype is a battery killer, no mater what OS you are running.
    05-17-10 01:34 AM
    Hi, sorry to ask but where did you guys download or get the skype software? i am using storm2, i reset my mobile to clean stage so now trying to reinstall all the apps but can't seem to get skype. thanks
    05-17-10 08:20 AM
    You can download it from the start page on the BB browser. In that page, there's a link to the Verizon approved apps
    05-17-10 08:24 AM
    You can download it from the start page on the BB browser. In that page, there's a link to the Verizon approved apps
    Thanks for your fast reply. but unfortunately i am no longer with verizon. i managed to unlock the phone and under other carrier.
    05-17-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD