verizon tour, skype just got pushed to mine!
    03-25-10 07:02 AM
    Did it just show up as an icon or in a folder?
    03-25-10 07:08 AM
    Gimme that .cod so I can see if it will work on an AT&T phone.
    03-25-10 07:17 AM
    Same here. Downloading right now. Will try and get a screenshot up asap.
    03-25-10 07:24 AM
    03-25-10 07:25 AM
    Just got pushed to mine now.
    03-25-10 07:34 AM
    bunch of threads on this already in the Verizon Forum....
    03-25-10 07:36 AM
    App was not pushed. A link to DL was pushed. So while it was "pushed without asking", at least it's just a link if you don't want it.

Will wait to hear reports before installing.

Can you Skype yourself....to test.....I have it loaded on my laptop too......
    03-25-10 08:20 AM
    Installed and will make my first internation call on my lunch to check out what my grandparents are up to lol
    03-25-10 09:28 AM
    Gimme that .cod so I can see if it will work on an AT&T phone.
    I dont know if it will work but you can try this

http://download.skype.com/rim/vrim5_0/Skype_mobile.jad
    03-25-10 10:28 AM
    if you didn't get Skype pushed yet, go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Hit Menu >Register Now. You should have Skype now...
    03-25-10 10:36 AM
    if you didn't get Skype pushed yet, go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Hit Menu >Register Now. You should have Skype now...
    That doesn't install it though. Just gives you a launcher. Anyone who hasn't gotten it by now should just use the .jad link above.
    03-25-10 10:44 AM
    That doesn't install it though. Just gives you a launcher.
    That's what all carrier pushed applications are, click on the launcher to download and install the application. The only people who wouled even need the jad file are those from another carrier who will not get the application "pushed" to them...
    03-25-10 10:47 AM
    That's what all carrier pushed applications are, click on the launcher to download and install the application. The only people who wouled even need the jad file are those from another carrier who will not get the application "pushed" to them...
    Right, but getting the launcher pushed to your phone is just an extra step when all you need to do is click the .jad link. It all leads to the same place, so it doesn't really matter I guess.
    03-25-10 10:49 AM
    I just made two over 10 minutes international call, and few IM, this thing works like a charm. The call quality is actually better than at my home computer. I love this app I been waiting for this for a long time, and one of the reasons I got my blackberry was the Skype mobile. Awesome app, and works like advertised.
    03-25-10 12:17 PM
    I downloaded via the link ^there somewhere. I have a sprint tour, I opened it said "Skype mobile can only be used on Verizon Wireless Phones".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 12:33 PM
    Gotta be away around it being available only to Big Red suckers, I mean customers. The App is running through the data plan right? So the problem probably lies somewhere between Skype and RIM. Anyone have a theory how that could be, um, altered? Vendor file in the OS maybe? Or official carrier released OS? Or is RIM somehow in on the deal between Big Red and Skype, and there's no way around it?
    03-25-10 02:15 PM
    How do you text with skype mobile?
    do they even have that option?
    03-25-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD