WTF??? The FAQ on Skype Mobile said it would only work on the Verizon network. But, here I am in Spain on the Vodafone network and I am getting incoming IMs and Skype Calls. The incoming call said Skype Call and I can't find any charges on my Verizon account...I haven't tried an outgoing Skype to Skype call but I will give that a shot tomorrow.
    04-06-10 06:06 PM
    My guess on why it works is probably because Vodafone owns Verizon (I can't remember if they fully own it or just partly). So it probably is roaming on a preferred network, in your case Vodafone, which is why it works. Just a thought.
    04-06-10 06:12 PM
    Took a side trip today to Carcasonne, France. I was on the F SFR network with GPRS/EDGE (not 3G) and was able to get incoming and OUTGOING Skype calls to/from the US.
    04-07-10 03:06 PM
    Again SFR is part owned by Vodafone
    04-08-10 05:28 AM
    OK, I found the issue. If you log onto Skype Mobile while on the Verizon network, it keeps you logged in regardless of which network you are on. I found this out when I had to reboot my Storm and Skype Mobile started giving me an error message about only working on the Verizon network...So, just don't do a battery pull or quick pull while you are traveling and you will have free international skype to skype calls.
    04-08-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD