I currently have a verizon tour but I am using it unlocked abroad with a prepaid sim in italy.

I know you can only use this with verizon but if I download an official os from verizon (tomorrow) do you think it will work? Or do I need to be on the verizon network? This will be so helpful for me calling home to the united states on my mobile phone instead of the computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 11:58 AM
    I have the same question, and I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't see it discussed on the forums I've checked nor does Verizon's Skype page this. If I travel abroad with my Tour 9630 and enable the international data plan, could I make calls with Skype Mobile? It sounds like the app routes the call over the voice network regardless of whether you're calling a Skype contact or a real phone, so getting the international data plan wouldn't help. Just wondering if anyone has any details on how this works and how it gets billed, thanks.
    03-29-10 01:39 PM
    Even with Verizon's unlimited international data plan, Skype Mobile isn't supported when roaming internationally. Big disappointment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 03:34 PM
    what's' the point of skype mobile anyway?
    03-29-10 03:51 PM
    The Skype Verizon BlackBerry application only works on the Verizon network in the US currently.

It does not work outside the US and does not work on WiFi.
    03-29-10 04:38 PM
    what's' the point of skype mobile anyway?
    Skype to skype doesn't seem like an advantage - it still uses your vzw plan minutes. The benefit I see is for calling non-skype users (mobile or landline) for a couple bucks per month, unlimited minutes, doesn't use your vzw plan minutes either. Could save you $$.
    03-29-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD