Last week I wrote to a well known developer relations guy at RIM about the increasingly pathetic attitude of Skype towards the Skype for BlackBerry issue. I did not expect Skype on my BlackBerry Torch the next day but what I did get was a honest and personally written reply within 24 hours. That alone speaks volumes about how seriously RIM take customer service.

And what do we get from Skype regarding the Skype for BlackBerry issue ? Silence or automated canned replies if you write to them which tell us nothing except that Skype's policy towards customer is ignorance. Have you ever know anyone from Skype address the issue seriously ?

This is why I shall give up on Skype long before I give up on my far superior product from BlackBerry. The reputation of Skype is being tarnished more and more everyday as this farce continues. Skype seem content to sit behind their big wall of silence and do nothing. Most people have little knowledge of the tax avoiding haven of Luxembourg where Skype are based in Europe, soon they will have little knowledge of Skype if they continue to shun millions of existing and potential customers around the world.

In the words of the man at the top, the man who could actually do something about this if he wanted to remain true to his word ..

Tony Bates, Skype CEO - "Microsoft is committed to the ubiquity of the Skype experience � communication across every device and every platform will remain a primary focus,"
    04-20-12 05:24 AM
    Yes such king of things From Customer Service department tarnished the name of Company. Most of the time customer service representative show such kind of ignorance. Such kind of things from employee just devalued the company reputation and this thing become negative word of mouth for the company.

To overcome this issue you must communicate or message any official about their customer service department attitude toward their valued customer. Hopefully their would be positive solution of it.
    04-20-12 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD