Hey guys,
    so before I left the US someone at verizon told me that skype mobile will work overseas. Clearly it doesn't.
    So my question, if I swap out the sim card, can skype mobile work overseas on my verizon bold?
    If not, are there any alternatives i can use to call the US via the internet from Europe?(that is, free mobile to mobile, since I have a global unlimited data package)

Thanks!
    08-09-10 06:51 AM
    there is no true voip app for the blackberry. They ALL use a calling gateway and so in essence are useless.

your cheapest voice calls will be with a local pre-paid sim card...
    08-09-10 08:08 AM
    +1

Depending on the part of the world you're in, there are some carriers that have very competitive rates on calls to the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 08:19 AM
    You can also try getting a local phone calling card and use it along with Google Voice.
    08-09-10 02:57 PM
    Not being able to use voip through BB data plan is really a downer. I was hopping their was some go-around like through gizmo to google voice; since I realize skype to GV doesn't work. Can anyone else confirm gizmo app to google voice won't work when calling from overseas to the U.S. from their handset using data plan only?

thanks.
    08-09-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD