what about SKYPE? I heard it was released in MAY, any notice?
    05-04-09 09:49 AM
    Considering the lack of wi-fi on the Storm, why?
    05-04-09 09:53 AM
    I'm curious as to when this will be released as well. My best friend is doing ESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) in South Korea and insists on everyone getting Skype. I have it on my laptop, but i've been slacking on getting a web cam (prolly should hop on that after work today ).

Would be nice to have the official app released for my Storm tho. I know there are other 3rd party apps out there, but I dont particularly care for em...
    05-04-09 10:00 AM
    Considering the lack of wi-fi on the Storm, why?
    In another forum, it was stated that wifi wasnt necessary. There are Skype apps out there that do work on the Storm. Just not an official.
    05-04-09 10:02 AM
    Guess I'm on a roll here. lol. But check out this link:

Skype Coming to BlackBerry Smartphones in May - About Skype

It'll be released for the Bold and Curve before we get it for the Storm apparently . So once they get it, I guess its safe to say that we'll get it in a matter of time. As far as that matter of time...the length is unknown.
    05-04-09 10:12 AM
    I will be very happy when this happens.
    The ability to use Skype on my Storm would be invaluable.
    05-04-09 10:49 AM
    BlackBerry smartphone users who download Skype can save money on calls to landlines and mobiles abroad, and stay connected with friends and family over Skype. The application works wherever your mobile phone works, without needing a Wi-Fi connection. It uses local air time and a mobile Internet connection to sign in to Skype, update your contact list and presence and to send/receive calls or messages. As a result, you must have both a calling plan and a data plan to use the lite version of Skype.

so finally WIFI is not necessary!!!!!!!
    05-04-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD