Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if Skype is compatible on the Blackberry Bold 9700. I heard some people saying that they got it working but it is not supported so I was confused.

Also can I make Skype to Skype calls to anyone or do I only have to be on the Verizon network?
    11-01-10 11:23 AM
    The official skype app is under verizon licensing. there might be some 3rd party apps that support skype, but I'm not too sure.
    EDIT
    upon a fast google, IM+ supports skype.
    IM+: All-in-One Messenger :: Products
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Fubaz; 11-01-10 at 11:38 AM.
    11-01-10 11:32 AM
    As Fubaz said, IM+ supports Skype, but as far as I know, it's only the IM function.

The last time I checked, Verizon was the only network that the SKYPE BB app would run on. Not only are they the only one's with the official app, I do believe the other carriers block the traffic.
    11-01-10 12:30 PM
    then is there any type of app like Skype where I can make calls within the country as long as both of us have the same application?
    11-01-10 12:34 PM
    then is there any type of app like Skype where I can make calls within the country as long as both of us have the same application?
    NimBuzz- Maybe.... i dunno if the RIM variant supports VoIP.

11-01-10 12:44 PM
    Skype also works in the UK free of charge regardless of a data plan on the 3UK Network. Only available from the operator and won't work if you use a different network sim.
    11-01-10 01:48 PM
    Check out TringMe, its a decent voip app, its NOT skype, but with verizon locking down Skype to just them (probably to get back at ATT for iphone exclusivity) we are very limited.
    11-01-10 02:04 PM
    IM+, Fring (tell them to make a blackberry client), etc.

Skype is locked to a few carriers and won't run on others. Such a shame. Also, a search would have helped.

11-01-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD