it has been some time since anything has been mentioned about skype on blackberry.
    anybody have any updated news on this?
    07-23-09 12:28 PM
    is there an OTA link to get it?
    07-23-09 12:30 PM
    is the plan still on?
    07-23-09 01:01 PM
    I wonder if Skype has abandoned their plans given Iskoot being available for free.
    07-26-09 11:03 AM
    skype would be awsome too bad they dont have an app for it yet ):
    07-26-09 11:31 AM
    Here you go!

Skype OTA

FYI: It is made for trackball BB's but with Compatibility Mode enabled, it WILL work on a Storm as I have been using it myself on mine.
    07-28-09 05:37 AM
    Just tried to dl but it's failed...? Anyone else got any luck? :-s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 06:11 AM
    Has anyone got a link to Skype so it can be sent as a email link to cell phone? Instead of downloading to computer and using DM to install on phone.
    07-28-09 06:41 AM
    I can dl that after few times. But says I can't get connected. Anyone has this prob? FYI, I'm not in the UK at this moment, on holiday. I've put my local number in, but still no luck... :-s

07-28-09 06:55 AM
    I just downloaded and once I get to the screen where it says sign in or create account whatever I click on has no effect at all. Anyone else get this?

07-28-09 10:43 AM
    Me. But I tried other keypads... Q to chose left menu, P for right one. Then A for... Sign in me thinks. But I couldn't get online.

07-28-09 10:48 AM
    Q for left softkey. P for right softkey, Space to select highlighted area.

Works fine for me on my Storm though its a pain in the *** to use since the Beta was made for BB's with keypads.
    07-28-09 04:39 PM
    Once I signed into Skype on my Bold, I was informed that there is an update. I downloaded and installed the update, but I get an error message once I try to sign into the new version, which I believe was 1.2.11. I made a few test calls in version 1 and the call quality was great. Much better than Iskoot.

Like Iskoot, your phone makes a call to a US number and then reroutes you from there to your Skype contact. Since I could not sign on with the updated version I don't know if there is a wifi option as opposed to using your minutes.
    07-28-09 07:01 PM
    This isn't the official Skype app is it? Didn't think they released it yet.

07-28-09 09:09 PM
    Is there an OTA link for Skype?
    07-28-09 09:19 PM
    It downloaded fine, but does not "sign in". Tests the connection and then fails. Any help anyone can provide on this?
    07-29-09 09:36 AM
    Given that BB is regarded the God of handheld devices, why does it appear to be last of the list for apps. I now have a BB8900 and love it a lot, but find it really frustrating too having had windows phones before. Apps are either not forthcoming or you have to buy them. A bit rubbish really.
    07-29-09 10:31 AM
    It downloaded fine, but does not "sign in". Tests the connection and then fails. Any help anyone can provide on this?
    Nor me... A friend said it's not poss as I'm not in the UK at this moment. Idk...

07-29-09 12:54 PM
    This pretty much hosed my bold. Installed the first one and got the notification about the update. Installed the update then I had 2 skype icons, the new and the old. I uninstalled the older skype and did a battery pull. Got a bunch of errors on startup and serveral of my apps had the same icon. Did another battery pull and my icons were fine, but launching skype generated more errors.

I guess that is why the call it beta. Gonna ignore this until they get it right.
    07-29-09 01:44 PM
    This isn't working with clicking the trackball for selection though.

07-29-09 01:48 PM
    This isn't working with clicking the trackball for selection though.

I could only use the q and p key as well as the space bar. The trackball did nothing.
    07-29-09 01:50 PM
    I'm afraid it's a Beta and subscription has already been closed.

Today, August 1 2009, I sent a message to Skype requesting detailed information about the delay and when I can expect the Skype for Blackberry.
    I'll let you know the response of Skype
    Last edited by jvd; 08-01-09 at 04:50 PM. Reason: mistyped
    08-01-09 04:50 PM
    I'm afraid it's a Beta and subscription has already been closed.

Today, August 1 2009, I sent a message to Skype requesting detailed information about the delay and when I can expect the Skype for Blackberry.
    I'll let you know the response of Skype
    That's cool! Can't wait for good news. Cheers for that

08-01-09 08:42 PM
    Can you send Skype text messages from Iskoot? It's cheaper for me to send international texts from Skype than my BB plan. That's all I use Skype for right now, so I don't want to waste time downloading the app if I can't text. Thanks!
    08-01-09 09:39 PM
    i'm logged into skype on my phone right now
    08-01-09 09:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD