My Bold Brothers...
    I know a lot of people want to try the Sype Beta so, Today I will give you the OTA.....
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBM/Skype/Skype.jad
    That's the Version 1.0. It works really good on my Bold 9000 and Bold 9700.. I have 5.0 Software..

This link is the Update you can try it...
    This is the Version 1.2.11..... Same Thing It works for my Bold's
    Here is the link for the 1.2.11 http://mobiledownload.skype.com/getU...latformid=1822

Have any Questions let me Know......

I hope you my Bold Brother's have a Good time with Skype....

.Defton Gautreaux.
    12-05-09 07:47 AM
    That's an old link and that Skype build is pretty non functional for most Blackberry devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 08:21 AM
    They work for me....
    Maybe you just have bad luck...

12-05-09 08:24 AM
    It either works or it doesn't luck has nothing to do with it. Skype for Blackberry is pretty much in the toilet those non functioning beta builds are as far as anyone will get to getting Skype.

12-05-09 08:31 AM
    Well.
    If that's your opinion, I respect that.
    But, I know a lot of people want skype.
    So, there it is.....

12-05-09 09:12 AM
    Well.
    If that's your opinion, I respect that.
    But, I know a lot of people want skype.
    So, there it is.....

You're not the first or last to post those outdated links, thanks anyway.

12-05-09 09:29 AM
    Google IM+ for Skype (4.0.23). It does work (wifi connection only). I'm using it every day.

12-05-09 09:33 AM
    I'm using skype I'm plus for blackberry both wifi and 3G works you guys are doing someting wrong for it not to be working. Skype is a pretty good company I have moved away from ppc and to the blackberry device cuz of its reputation of good solid software. I too at first setting it up was a bit confusing but I got it now so I know its not the software its the users. Peitience is a prize you have to have, also I've heard some say tcp don't work when it does but that too took me some time to figure out I'm new to blackberry its 9months since I've had my bold and I must say so much have changed since this phn came out to now and I'm going to buy another 9000 cuz of its solid ness. Skype works I only deal with things that get the job done and that really works. If something don't work for you I say try and try again until it does chances are your doing something wrong and skype also works on tcp and bis. Cheers to that.

12-06-09 01:47 PM
    Getting an error about an update module when launched on my Bold.. For those who managed to run it does it REALLY works? Cam you make calls?

12-06-09 01:59 PM
    I'm using skype I'm plus for blackberry both wifi and 3G works you guys are doing someting wrong for it not to be working. Skype is a pretty good company I have moved away from ppc and to the blackberry device cuz of its reputation of good solid software. I too at first setting it up was a bit confusing but I got it now so I know its not the software its the users. Peitience is a prize you have to have, also I've heard some say tcp don't work when it does but that too took me some time to figure out I'm new to blackberry its 9months since I've had my bold and I must say so much have changed since this phn came out to now and I'm going to buy another 9000 cuz of its solid ness. Skype works I only deal with things that get the job done and that really works. If something don't work for you I say try and try again until it does chances are your doing something wrong and skype also works on tcp and bis. Cheers to that.

i am using IM+, but the thing is i can't use data to call it's like a call back number or wireless... i tired 3G i couldn't . is there a program i call use over data... not a call back number..

thanks
    12-06-09 05:21 PM
    My Bold Brothers...
    I know a lot of people want to try the Sype Beta so, Today I will give you the OTA.....
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBM/Skype/Skype.jad
    That's the Version 1.0. It works really good on my Bold 9000 and Bold 9700.. I have 5.0 Software..

This link is the Update you can try it...
    This is the Version 1.2.11..... Same Thing It works for my Bold's
    Here is the link for the 1.2.11 http://mobiledownload.skype.com/getU...latformid=1822

Have any Questions let me Know......

I hope you my Bold Brother's have a Good time with Skype....

.Defton Gautreaux.
    Well, I managed to connect with none of the 2 links you stated above...
    12-11-09 12:56 AM
    Man... if you ask me... Skype & RIM both suck each other's b-a-l-l-s on this app! I still cant believe it that there isn't an app for this sh*t
    I know this app was suppose to be out back in May. But I think its cuz the ownership of Skype has changed now.
    12-21-09 09:40 PM
    Okay, so newbie here, managed to get Skype installed, but can't get it to connect? Can someone tell me the trick to connecting and will it connect over WIFI? I am running Beta Version of Skype for Blackberry.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JSS666; 01-26-10 at 12:58 PM.
    01-26-10 09:54 AM
    I use iSkoot, if you have free minutes, its uses them to call a local number that seems to be part of an exchange, they then connect you to the skype user you are trying to call. It is free and only uses your inclusive minutes so no call charges otherwise. Only problem with it is people cannot call you, you must initiate the call. I call america on a daily basis (Blackberry iSkoot to iPhone official Skype App), works every time and very clear. Also let's me use more of my minutes up that I never would normally.

01-26-10 11:03 AM
    why would you post this. just got to the website
    01-26-10 02:50 PM
    Google IM+ works for Skype VoIP calls without using voice minutes?
    01-26-10 02:54 PM
    Does it support push?
    01-26-10 08:09 PM
    I didn't get far with it.. @Defton could you post a screenshot of what you see?

01-27-10 07:19 AM
    Every time I make a call, it trys to call the same number (and it's not one of my contacts) no matter what number I choose.
    01-31-10 02:56 PM
    Shape Services has the beta of IM+ for Skype that does true VOIP, although I think their beta list is full.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-31-10 04:01 PM
    I'm using 1.0.5 beta and I find it pretty rubbish to be honest.
    iSkoot is terrible too.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 02-05-10 at 10:03 AM.
    02-05-10 10:01 AM
    They both suck :P
    02-05-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD