I just bought a bb bold 9000 and i dream using skype on it to phone to other countries where some friends can use their PC to answer my calls ,,, all this for free as a bb to pc internet call
    is it really possible with skype because they seem to charge you a local call to do so <<< are there other product on the market to reach my purpose ?

thank you very much for any help

jm
    08-20-09 02:19 PM
    There is no Skype for BB at the moment... And yes - I'm using Skype very often to talk to my family abroad so I'm calling their landline, they calling my PC etc...
    08-20-09 02:25 PM
    If you have a MY5 plan on your local carrier, get that and a calling card. Put the calling card number into one of the MY5 spots and do it that way. Costs the same or less than Skype for international calls usually.
    08-20-09 03:02 PM
    eBay has promised a full BlackBerry Skype client, but has not delivered, yet.

In the mean time, iSkoot offers a functional Skype client. I have used it to call Australia, at no cost. It uses data, but very little.

http://www.iskoot.com/
    08-20-09 03:27 PM
    iSkoot doesn't use data, it uses minutes (of course, if you have free nights and weekends....).

There isn't a Skype or SIP BlackBerry application that uses data or Wifi - at least not yet.
    08-20-09 05:59 PM
    iSkoots technical architecture takes advantage of the best features of your mobile operators existing voice and data networks. Routing your Skype calls over the voice channel ensures that your Skype calls sound as good and connect as well as any other calls you make from your mobile.
    Thanks for the update. That was lost in my unlimited national calling plan.
    08-20-09 06:12 PM
    so you can call internationally and it only costs you minutes?
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 08-20-09 at 08:34 PM.
    08-20-09 08:32 PM
    Yes, if the contact also has Skype.

There are Skype out charges if you are calling a land line or a cell phone.
    08-20-09 08:37 PM
    but those are minimal I assume?
    08-21-09 04:22 AM
    I've download I iskoot but, when I try to sign in, it said "u already sign in on other mobile device" why is dat?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 09:16 AM
    so you can call internationally and it only costs you minutes?
    That's what I'm doing. This service is called Skype OUT. I pay about 4 a month and I have unlimited calls from Skype to any landlines in Europe. 6 will give you unlimited calls to landlines in whole world. Using Skype OUT will cost you minutes from your monthly allowance though.
    08-21-09 12:22 PM
    Anyone know anything official here about Skype, there was rumours it was due in May?
    08-21-09 12:42 PM
    Nothing so far. Still need to wait...
    08-21-09 01:12 PM
    I'd try iSkoot, although I an official Skype client for BlackBerry is under development.
    08-21-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD