I know that Skype application is available for Verizon users but recently, Telkomsel (an Indonesian provider) started making Skype available for Blackberry, Nokia and Android users.

Download at http://m.skype.com/telkomsel.

I am using a Blackberry 9900 but its not available for my phone so I downloaded the Skype for Blackberry 9780 (OS 6) and it seems to be working ok. I just need to call Telkomsel to activate this plan. It cost Rp25,000 per month (about $2.7 USD).

There is a 2 weeks FREE trial period if you subscribe before 31 January 2011.

Now, I downloaded it, activate it on Telkomsel with *363# or SMS "SKYPE" to 3636.

The Terms and Conditions are:

Skype is available within the Telkomsel network, but not when using WiFi. Skype features may vary from Skype on your PC.

Domestic calls made from Skype are carried by Telkomsel, not Skype, and are billed according to your Telkomsel plan.

Skype calls to international numbers are billed by Skype at Skype rate. Calls to 112 will be completed by Skype.

Skype is not available when using per-line or per-call caller ID blocking.
    I am suprised that nobody on Telkomsel actually told me about it. I think its a big thing especially if you use skype often.

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 12-04-11 at 10:08 AM.
    12-04-11 09:23 AM
    Ok. I been using it and tried making a trial call to my sister in law on her iPhone. Call is suprisingly good and clear, just like a normal phone conversation. The skype application is integrated well to your Blackberry. Incoming or outgoing call is just like how you would recieve.

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 12-04-11 at 10:02 AM.
    12-04-11 09:26 AM
    I wanna try it too!
    12-04-11 09:33 AM
    Sorry it sucks but you must be a Telkomsel subscriber. I hope someday, everyone could install SKYPE on their Blackberry

- Charles
    12-04-11 10:13 AM
    After using for a few days, I can confirm that the program works great!! BUT it does drain your battery and would be significant if you are like me, using the 9900.

- Charles
    12-09-11 12:44 AM
    Hi everyone,

Does anybody managed to get this app working on another carrier? like cracking the app and unlock it for all carriers at all?

I just don't understand skype policy which is releasing skype on Android and iOS and letting blackberry users in a blackout. Unfortunately i don't want to get over my loved BB and skype is one of the must have app for the phone. I was so happy when i saw i can download it today, but so disappointed when i understood it was only for an indonesian carrier...
    01-21-12 04:34 PM
    Sadly Skype seems to have done exclusivity deals with certain networks.

For example here in the UK you can only get Skype for BB on 3

Ridiculous situation
    01-21-12 05:09 PM
    Why cant Skype a normal app, like on the iPhone and Android? Why?!
    01-22-12 09:38 PM
    Why cant Skype a normal app, like on the iPhone and Android? Why?!
    For no reason other than these exclusivity deals that certain networks/carriers have with Skype
    01-23-12 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD