Is there Skype for the BB 8900 now or its still in the making?
    06-15-09 08:52 AM
    I'd like to know this too, if anyone knows?
    06-15-09 09:37 AM
    Search is your friend ... there was a Blog about it recently:

Skype Announces Closed Beta For Blackberry Users | CrackBerry.com
    06-15-09 10:09 AM
    Can't wait for this to come out ..... we were told in May it will come out! all i see is a closed beta ... arghhhh
    06-15-09 10:27 AM
    My question mainly is what is everyones demand for skype on their device? Is it the ability to make the long distance phone calls without extra fees? IMO half of the craze over skype is the video chatting. If only there were a front camera right below the speaker . That would simply be amazing. The only disadvantage to this wouldbe the inability to view the field of view of any pictures being taken, and the only way to solve this would be to somehow integrate either a swivel camera lense, which would probably come with many issues, or have two camera lenses

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:32 PM
    I agree with the above poster regarding the video chat aspect. Off topic, we just got a lenovo netbook and the video chat works like a champ.

Back to topic, until the official skype app comes out, I'm trying iskoot for bb, which basically calls a number to connect you via skype. Not too bad, but wish there was a simple wifi app that didnt burn thru the minutes. I would also love it if the skype app that lets me see the video since broadcasting it isnt a reality thus far.
    06-15-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD