is there a way to make skype work for BB? I own a 9000 and am very envious of my friends who have them on their I-phones and Nokias...
    03-04-09 11:06 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but what would be the benefit of it?
    03-04-09 11:09 AM
    very, very cheap calls to landlines and cell phone (including int'l calls) if you have skype-to-go and free skype-to-skype chatting
    03-04-09 11:14 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but what would be the benefit of it?
    I am looking for Skype also. You can call from BB to skype ppl on their computer for free using wifi connection. no telephone charges.
    03-04-09 11:17 AM
    can anyone help on this? or is skype just impossible for BB?
    03-04-09 01:45 PM
    google iskoot for skype
    That's what I use for my skype account on my bold...
    03-04-09 02:58 PM
    keep in mind most of the Skype apps will use your air time mins. there is no app out there at the current time that will only use your data.

from what i heard RIM is working on a app that will use completely data and no air time. release sometime at the end of this year.
    03-04-09 03:21 PM
    Regret, there is no Skype client for VOIP on WiFi.
    Check with the Skype site every now and then and see it they make one.
    The only way to get onto Skye is through Skype-Out that has you dial a 'local' number and key in your account and access codes .. this is only useful for expensive out of the country calls. (some countries do not have this service, however)
    03-04-09 07:23 PM
    I found and downloaded this from the Skype forums. Not installed yet though....

IM+ for Skype
    For BlackBerry

v. 3.3.2 Update!

IM+� for Skype is a fully mobile application for text communication with other Skype users and cost-effective calling to landlines and mobiles.

IM+ for Skype :: Products

There is a 7 day free trial, therafter you have to pay ($30?). It does appear to utilise Wifi, thus avoiding the normal call charges as per iskoot.

Bold specific discussion:

Blackberry Bold - Skype Community
    Last edited by carsten; 03-04-09 at 11:17 PM.
    03-04-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD