Ok. So I was searching -- as I do mostly every day since I scoped this for Wimo a long while back -- for Skyfire for the Blackberry and found this info.

OTA Download Link Surfaces for SkyFire BlackBerry Browser

It seems someone from Skyfire posted on this site, though, it seems they are the second and no one else has added since. Why they did not post on another site is beyond me (like perhaps a site where someone might see this info). But then I stopped and thought for a second.

I think the leak that happened was a test. (remember, this is just a theory). But think about it. What Tracy DeMiroz said in that post about "we have the feedback we need at this point" is interesting. Being that might have been the way they chose to stop the testing and bring it into open beta.

Tracy is the VP of Marketing at Skyfire, and this just may be the hiatus they need to take all the feedback and implement it in a build for the open beta.

If you also notice, in the tweet/blog they put out about the leak, they state that the Blackberries that were being used, even ones they don't use a name -- and if you have the tour and go to Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. it says you are using a RIM phone, with no name. So they KNEW who was logging on--at least the devices.

Might it be possible that this was their way of getting some feedback on other platforms other than the Bold???

Again, these are theories, anyone have any others? We can do this until some release, or something. lol, I love conspiracy theories.

WCM
    08-04-09 04:27 PM
    * puts on the tin foil hat.

I really think you are reading too much into this
    08-04-09 04:41 PM
    Oh come on, but it's fun!

Something to pass the time until it comes out.

WCM
    08-04-09 04:46 PM
    give OP a bullet & flame proof jacket

Please read this blog posted a while back.....

SkyFire Halts BlackBerry Beta Testing After Files Leaked | CrackBerry.com
    08-04-09 04:47 PM

Was an interesting theory until I read this article. Thanks Debbie downer!
    08-04-09 04:53 PM
    Oh come on, but it's fun!

Something to pass the time until it comes out.
    Ok well in that case Im certain the leak was made by Mike Lazaridis (he snuck it out in a steel toe boot, he stole it from Jim Balsillie's PC using a 1.44mb 3.25" floppy disk, Jim was able to get in as a beta tester), he leaked it to take peoples attention away from the BBM 5.0.0.8 leak, but when that didn't work he leaked OS 5.0.0.130 for the 8900/9000. And the reason they did all this was because RIM is tired of carriers pushing them around, and they plan was to get a bunch of people that didn't know what there were doing to mess up their phone and call their carrier for support. But when the whole thing came crashing down around him he leaked the name "Merlin".
    Last edited by Shao128; 08-04-09 at 05:01 PM.
    08-04-09 04:58 PM

No offence, but I've seen this when it was posted (I have Tweets which come whenever Crackberry posts to it's blogs) and where in this article does it negate what I've stated?

The people doing the testing do not know what is REALLY going on inside Skyfire. And again, I am not possitive of this, and it's only conspiracy theories, fun. So remember that.

But we'll need something better than a testers article to negate the theory I put forth lol.

WCM
    08-04-09 05:01 PM
    Ok well in that case Im certain the leak was made by Mike Lazaridis (he snuck it out in a steel toe boot, he stole it from Jim Balsillie's PC using a 1.44mb 3.25" floppy disk, Jim was able to get in as a beta tester), he leaked it to take peoples attention away from the BBM 5.0.0.8 leak, but when that didn't work he leaked OS 5.0.0.130 for the 8900/9000. And the reason they did all this was because RIM is tired of carriers pushing them around, and they plan was to get a bunch of people that didn't know what there were doing to mess up their phone and call their carrier for support. But when the whole thing came crashing down around him he leaked the name "Merlin".
    LOL Imagination.

But seriously, if this thing comes out soon (and remember, they said there was to be a Summer Open Beta) what then?

I feel like this is one of those You Tube videos about the secret government agencies. LMAO

WCM
    08-04-09 05:04 PM
    But seriously, if this thing comes out soon (and remember, they said there was to be a Summer Open Beta) what then?
    Actually they didn't say that.
    08-04-09 05:06 PM
    Think about this, isn't it funny how all of you found this? This is how much people want Skyfire. Within 15 minutes posts were starting.

I just thought this may be a constructive venue for theories, and/or information.

And jokes don't hurt.

WCM
    08-04-09 05:06 PM
    Actually they didn't say that.
    Blackberry: Weve launched our closed private alpha, and will announce our public beta this summer

Ok, my bad. They will ANNOUNCE their public beta this summer.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that they were going to release it, but either way, it's on the way.

WCM
    08-04-09 05:10 PM

If you also notice, in the tweet/blog they put out about the leak, they state that the Blackberries that were being used, even ones they don't use a name -- and if you have the tour and go to Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast. it says you are using a RIM phone, with no name. So they KNEW who was logging on--at least the devices.

When you supply the link it offers nothing to the degree of "RIM" or "Blackberry".....
    (attached file for proof)
    08-04-09 05:15 PM
    [QUOTE=mjneid;3255685]

/QUOTE]

When you supply the link it offers nothing to the degree of "RIM" or "Blackberry".....
    (attached file for proof)

That second link was just the Skyfire site, if you go on it with a Tour on the naitive Blackberry Browser, it says you can't download Skyfire and that "Skyfire is not available for your phone. We detected your phone to be a RIM Unknown Model.

The first quote is a site called "IntoMobile" where they are simply regurgitating the leak article, but the VP of Marketing happens to reply to this blog. Now, don't get me wrong, it could just be someone pretending to be Tracy, but anything is possible.

WCM
    08-04-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD