Anyone tried this yet ...

http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBM/Skyfire/skyfire.jad

I downloaded it and keep getting:

Connection to server failed
    07-27-09 09:38 AM
    Basically its a really early alpha not worth downloading its buggy as ****. This is ver 1.0 and they are currently on 3.1 I think so its not representativre of what's out now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:00 AM
    Plus... it will just slow down the development process if everyone runs to dl this early beta!!
    07-27-09 10:01 AM
    Anyone tried this yet ...

http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBM/Skyfire/skyfire.jad

I downloaded it and keep getting:

Connection to server failed

Same here.
    07-27-09 10:02 AM
    came across this on berryreview

HOT Skyfire OTA Limited Time! - BlackberryOS.com

oops never mind, same thing: connection to server failed
    Last edited by just_jazz; 07-27-09 at 10:17 AM.
    07-27-09 10:13 AM
    I did get it installed, but ran very slowly and ate up memory like nothing I have ever seen. Deleted it and will wait for them to get it out of alpha/beta.
    07-27-09 10:15 AM
    deleted it, never connected to server! will stick to bb browser and bolt.
    07-27-09 10:16 AM
    I downloaded the app and it worked but now it doesn't. I'll wait for it to be released. From what I saw I liked it.

07-27-09 10:25 AM
    Same here.
    No connectivity here too.
    07-27-09 10:31 AM
    I'm assuming it routes your content through it's servers and compresses it before delivery to our BB's. Wonder if the leak overloaded that server and it is now down? Just a thought.
    07-27-09 10:32 AM
    That is what is believed to have happened by some that are more in the know than I am.
    07-27-09 10:40 AM
    07-27-09 10:54 AM
    downlaoded and installed. tried once, no connection. but since it will only hurt the development, i dotn plan on using it, ever.
    07-27-09 11:32 AM
    crashed my storm twice.. going to uninstall
    07-27-09 11:35 AM
    Didn't work for me either.

07-27-09 12:57 PM
    why would it hurt development?
    07-27-09 01:58 PM
    The real beta testers, the ones with the NDAs cant get in either..
    07-27-09 01:58 PM
    My guess is if there is more load on their servers they are are prepared for, they can't really do any testing.
    07-27-09 01:59 PM
    ah, found a post. ill delete mine then... i want this to come out ASAP!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bla1ze
    If anyone had read the release notes before leaking it, you all would know that the server it's on has limited capacity..once capacity has been reached no further connections can be made...

All the leak did was slow down actual testing and development...also, alerted SkyFire to a leak so next Beta release will be even harder to get a hold of...and it sucks anyways and you all were fed the VERY first ALPHA..it's not even a beta..you all are 2-3 versions off so to even judge it off of what was leaked leaves you ill informed.

This folks, is why some stuff is better off NOT leaked..real beta users of SkyFire are now going to have issues connecting and addressing bugs for the day which in turn, slows launch.
    07-27-09 02:00 PM
    I just find this entire thread amusing, especially the post below. It's interesting to see the double standard with regards to leaked software (OS versions versus this).

ah, found a post. ill delete mine then... i want this to come out ASAP!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bla1ze
    If anyone had read the release notes before leaking it, you all would know that the server it's on has limited capacity..once capacity has been reached no further connections can be made...

All the leak did was slow down actual testing and development...also, alerted SkyFire to a leak so next Beta release will be even harder to get a hold of...and it sucks anyways and you all were fed the VERY first ALPHA..it's not even a beta..you all are 2-3 versions off so to even judge it off of what was leaked leaves you ill informed.

This folks, is why some stuff is better off NOT leaked..real beta users of SkyFire are now going to have issues connecting and addressing bugs for the day which in turn, slows launch.
    07-27-09 02:19 PM
    Double Standard? This is a third party company with far more limited resources than RIM. Leaking OSes causes as much harm as this, but RIM is better prepared to deal with it.
    07-27-09 02:24 PM
    A twit from their twitter update:

#skyfire BlackBerry private Alpha temporarily closed. Leaked beyond our intent. Sorry for the inconvenience to our alpha testers
    07-27-09 02:24 PM
    Shocking that they closed it.... Absolutely shocking...
    07-27-09 02:26 PM
    The difference with OS leaks and The SkyFire Leaks are that the Skyfire leak will have an effect on development...the OS leaks will only screw up your device... not effect others.
    07-27-09 02:27 PM
    It is officially closed at this point. The software will not work for the time being.
    07-27-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD