I have been using Skydeck to sync my contacts, call logs, and text messages OTA. I LOVED Skydeck, but they have changed their functionality. They only backup contacts now. I loved the fact that it organized all of my contacts and activity in one place.

Is there an alternative to this? I tried Dexrex, but it is incompatible with many of the apps I can't live without (Youmail, Drivesafe.ly and more). I am now using MIQ, but I'm not sure I like it. It is a little too busy for me.

Are there any other alternatives out there?
    03-27-10 09:53 AM
    mIQ is wonderful, I've been using it for months and I love it. PM me freely if you need assistance with it. I agree their interface isn't the best, but it's good once you get used to it. I don't know of the other solutions you've used, but mIQ uses push technology ("DASHPUSH"). Say whenever you make edits to your calendar on your BlackBerry or the Web interface, it will be automatically instantly pushed to the other end as soon as you save your changes. It's awesome.
    03-27-10 11:23 AM
    Thanks afropoika! I have been using MIQ for two days now, and I have come to find it does not sync text messages. That is my main goal. I want my texts backed up online. That is what skydeck did so well. Dexrex does it, too. Not as well, but it does it. The problem with Dexrex is that it does not work if you have Youmail or Drivesafe.ly installed. I depend on those two apps, so Dexrex is out. I wish there was something else
    03-27-10 10:49 PM
    It should back up text messages! Sorry you are running into problems. Email our support team, support@miqlive.com and we should be able to get your texts up and running. That's one of our best features!
    03-30-10 02:45 PM
    Hmmm skydeck still backs up my contacts and texts....i think if you had an account before they started charging you kept everything the same
    03-30-10 03:45 PM
    to MIQ- I am finding that now my 2nd emails are not syncing. For instance I added a second email to a contact. I upgraded my OS and did a reboot and find that the second email isn't on my phone but it IS on the web dashboard. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm on a BB Bold 9000 using Willyboy's 5.0 hybrid (see my sig)
    04-02-10 11:03 AM
    Hi - sorry you are running into trouble! This is an unusual problem. Are you entering the 2nd email into your contacts via your phone or the web? For instance, is it saving to the web contact, but not syncing to the phone? Or, is it syncing to the web, but getting taken off or hidden on your phone? We'll check back here, but feel free to also write in to our support team at support@miqlive.com

Thanks!
    04-14-10 07:31 PM
    i entered it on my phone. it sync'd to the web. then when i wiped and reinstalled the OS only the top email came back. i wonder if it has anything to do with the email fields both being called "email" instead of email1, email2....

oh, and i did submit a tkt-- #1790
    Last edited by vecharo; 04-14-10 at 09:58 PM.
    04-14-10 09:53 PM
    Thanks for the information. We're curious about this issue. Let us know if our customer support team gets a fix for you! Thanks for the support!
    04-15-10 02:25 PM
    does miq back up call logs? and do reverse lookup?
    Last edited by Han-ShinBi; 04-16-10 at 05:59 PM.
    04-16-10 05:43 PM
    Yes it does. The one thing it doesn't do is memos
    If it did that...it would top them all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 05:46 PM
    ...still waiting on a fix for my issue.
    if you have multiple emails and upgrade or downgrade the 2nd email doesn't sync though it is still on the miq dashboard.

very frustrating!
    04-24-10 12:12 PM
    beezie916 - You are still getting your backups from Skydeck because you haven't updated to the latest version. It is the new version where they are not backing up texts or call logs. Check out their Twitter page. They state it clearly. I did have an older copy of the BB software and got the link to the page where you can see the texts, so I am backing up again. I'm just waiting for the day that they kill that site. If it is something you like, I highly recommend contacting Skydeck and letting them know. They are responsive, but unless enough people speak up, I fear we will loose that functionality. As for MiQ I really like the idea of your software, but there is so much garbage that gets installed on my phone! Skydeck is one tiny file. Their web interface is also so much smoother than yours. I think you have a good product, but it just isn't as functional as Skydeck is for me. Sorry
    04-24-10 11:49 PM
    04-25-10 04:13 AM
    @Vecharo - We apologize! Our engineer is still sorting out the issue. I just spoke with our Customer Support Team, and they should be getting an answer to you very soon. Thanks for your super patience!

@MBBlackberryLover - no problem! It's great feedback, and only helps us improve to make a better product. Everyone has to find a solution that works best for them. We just hope to be able to do that for everyone one day! Thanks for your feedback.
    04-27-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD