Hi All,

I'm new to CrackBerry, been using a Curve 8520 for the past year, and recently upgraded to the Bold 9780! Just a question regarding photo uploads to popular social networking services like Facebook and Twitter. Is there any way I can change the size of the images that are sent?

Images to Facebook appear as 604x453, whereas photo uploads from digital cameras and other smartphone platforms appear much larger.

Also, images to Twitter appear as 640x480, whereas some smartphones actually send the full size image. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Michael
    01-23-11 06:30 AM
    am the very same thing i want my photos bigger
    04-04-12 10:19 AM
    Yes, please! Any suggestion? I hate it when the app resizes the picture! The quality gets shrinked and the image looks bad, and makes it seem like the phone took the picture like that... :/
    04-04-12 11:22 PM
    It's all to do with data compression. The apps automatically downscale the images so they send out less data.

If the high quality of your mobile uploads matters to you then I'd suggest setting up a sugar sync account and uploading them to sugar sync so they will be on your PC next time you are and you can upload them to FB / Twitter from there at their original quality.

Bear in mind that any upload to FB/Twitter even via PC will still see the image compressed In FB there is an option to include the hi-res image but the image that will be seen by default is the compressed image.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD