This was posted on orbitcast and in the storm1 forums but I figured i'd tell all the S2 users. Finally we have a good siriusXM app get it here!
    02-04-10 07:50 AM
    Thanks for posting, checking it out now.
    02-04-10 08:15 AM
    That APP is useless. $2.99 a month, no Howard. I will stick to SiriusStreamer and Orb. It's free and I can listen to Howard.
    02-04-10 08:19 AM
    That APP is useless. $2.99 a month, no Howard. I will stick to SiriusStreamer and Orb. It's free and I can listen to Howard.
    Yeah After Sirius merged with XM they tacked on the 2.99 deal.. What a crock!

I still with Pandora.
    02-04-10 08:31 AM
    Opie and Anthony on my phone FTW!!!
    02-04-10 08:53 AM
    I wouldn't say useless. I have the online service already and listen on my pc, it has every channel, even howard and bubba. I wish the app had howard, but more so bubba; howard isnt a deal breaker by any means for me.

At any rate, the app works great as I don't always leave my pc on at home.

I will search of course, but maybe i should try orb and usirius, or is there a new sirius streamer now?

Thanks.
    Last edited by waker; 02-04-10 at 10:30 AM. Reason: punctuation
    02-04-10 09:58 AM
    How do you have orb on you're s2? I thought there wasn't an app out
    02-04-10 11:02 AM
    Dang, no love for the 83xx series. Oh well, Howard and Bubba are the only good things left that they haven't screwed up, altho they've tried...
    02-04-10 11:10 AM
    How do you have orb on you're s2? I thought there wasn't an app out
    SiriusStreamer is the replacement for uSirius.

SiriusStreamer v1.0 beta release (uSirius Replacement) - Digital Radio Central
    02-04-10 11:33 AM
    Agreed. i'd only get this app if could get Howard. i have Sirius in my car for the same reason. The music aspect can be found in various other free apps.

And i listen to Howie free on my BlackBerry via Moodio. When Howard leaves Sirius i'm canceling my subscription. i used to like the free online listening but now they want to charge $2.99 a month. Sirius isn't *that good or unique.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 11:36 AM
    ok, i got ORB on my computer, and siriusxmstreamer as well. now how do i get it to stream to my tour? i'm confused.
    02-04-10 12:15 PM
    I have o&a. thats all i need in the whole wide world.

02-04-10 12:25 PM

opie and anthony are unlistenable...
    02-04-10 12:28 PM
    ok, i got ORB on my computer, and siriusxmstreamer as well. now how do i get it to stream to my tour? i'm confused.
    Are you technical?
    02-04-10 12:35 PM
    Agreed, but can anyone give a review please? How is it running? Any memory errors? Etc?
    02-04-10 12:43 PM
    Are you technical?
    I can figure stuff out with the proper instructions, haha. But yea, if you tell me what to do, i can figure it out most likely.
    02-04-10 12:55 PM
    I can figure stuff out with the proper instructions, haha. But yea, if you tell me what to do, i can figure it out most likely.
    1. Go to https://my.orb.com/getorb/index.jsp and create an account.
    2. Next go to Orb | Media Anywhere. Download and install the software application to your computer. Follow the instructions provided by the application to configure.
    3. Go to SiriusXMStreamer - Sirius|XM Internet Radio Stream Proxy and download the SiriusStreamer application.
    4. Assign your workstation a static IP address. Go to start>>run type in cmd. Click ok. Type IPCONFIG. Use this configuration for your static IP. DNS is typically the same at the Gateway IP. How do I configure my static IP address?
    5. Log onto your firewall and forward port 51750 to your workstation IP. The process of Port Forwarding is the same on all routers/firewalls but the GUI varies amongst the vendors. Here are the steps for the Linksys WRT54G Port forwarding in Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router | Internet Technology Blog
    6. If you have a software firewall running make sure you allow SiriusStreamer and port 51750.
    7. Open SiriusStreamer and go to the Configuration tab. Enter the credentials you use to log onto Siruis. Apply.
    8. Go to Orb and log on. On the top left go to Open Application>>Audio. Under Internet Radio click on Favorite Channels. On the top of the page click on Add Custom. Enter whatever name you like and the path. The path should be mms://yourworkstationlocalip:51750/sirius?channel=whateverchannelyouarelinking. For me, the link looks like this. Name - Sirius 24. Path - mms://172.16.0.7:19080/sirius?channel=24. Repeat for all the channels you'd like to link.
    9. From your Blackberry bookmark and go to Orb. Log on. Choose Audio on the top then go to Internet Radio Favorites. Click the station and listen!

Don't forget to click 'Start' on SiriusStreamer in the Configuration tab.
    Last edited by BB_SHAWN; 02-04-10 at 01:31 PM.
    02-04-10 12:59 PM
    awesome, i'll give it a shot. thanks a lot!
    02-04-10 01:30 PM
    Ok for all the howie loving slits out there, its howie that is making the apps not carry him not siriusXM. Personally i've listened to O&A since '01 and love listening every day to them and now I don't have to worry about having apps that could fail on my computer to hear them every day. After using the app this morning while working, it was flawless. I now can have the best of both worlds, recording O&A with orb and listening live.

Oh and to the people who think that pandora or slacker are better, you all are missing the point. I use slacker for music and love it, however they will never have personalities like O&A, Howie, Bubba(the fat ***), Chris Russo, Jim Breuer, NFL, NHL, MLB...etc. I could continue on and on but as long as siriusXM has those people and more they will be a company. They have pretty much finished their restructuring and are moving ahead to be the company all the subscribers knew they could be and have loved like me since '04. Please feel free to try to come back at me and prove me wrong.
    02-04-10 01:33 PM
    i prefer Chip Chipperson as far as my favorite radio talent. ive honestly never heard stern before (he was never on the air where i live) so i have no opinion of him.

i used to love rapekit & crawlspace in the mornings, but that whole nagel kid incident really blew their careers up... poor kid.
    02-04-10 04:09 PM
    Chip's brother Nip Chipperson is arguably a much better talent but we will just have to agree to disagree...

02-04-10 04:21 PM
    Has anyone gotten the Sirius app to work on an unlocked EDGE device? Or is it not capable of doing so? Mine works on wifi flawlessly, but not at all on EDGE :-(

02-05-10 07:34 AM
    Uncle paul is personally my favorite but when that kid stuff came out I was very disappointed... damn tattletale.

02-05-10 09:17 AM
    Wait. Something doesn't sound right here (not referring to the Howard issue, just the cost one).

I had SiriusXMStreamer and Orb working fine but still needed a $2.99/month subscription to the online service (add-on to my car subscription).

I downloaded the BB App and can use the same online subscription. It works fine. So my MARGINAL cost is zero.

Are you saying that you had SiriusXMStreamer and Orb working WITHOUT paying anything for the online service?
    02-05-10 10:20 AM
    Heard this yesterday on O & A, and had to download it when I got to work. O & A FTW!!!
    PS..Happy Birthday Jimmy.
    02-05-10 10:38 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD