Is there a way to get the SiriusXm App to work in Blackberry 6 OS on the Torch?
    I called tech support and they said the phone is not supported yet.
    Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
    08-14-10 11:27 AM
    Nope, you'll just have to be patient.
    08-15-10 09:22 AM
    You could temporarily utilize something like yourmuze......
    08-16-10 07:53 AM
    I downloaded the siriusxm app for the storm and it installed fine but it never connects. It just says Service Temporarily Unavailable. Boo!!!
    08-17-10 10:43 AM
    Moved to 3rd Party Apps!

You will continue to have that problem until XM fixes it. We had the same issue with the 9650 version, until they FINALLY fixed it a few weeks ago, but it took them FOREVER!
    08-17-10 10:53 AM
    Email siriusxm and let them know!!!
    08-24-10 07:48 PM
    Was checking for this as well. I hope they release a new version soon.
    10-27-10 05:03 PM
    I know a workaround. PM me if you're looking for Stern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 05:12 PM
    chrisy520:
    Does your workaround only work for Howard Stern or is it good for everything?

As an aside:
    I will go as far as to speculate and say that all Sirius needs to do is make a few adjustments on their end. The app works fine on the Torch as is...it just can't open the streams. I think I have read in the forums (or somewhere, but probably the forums) that it is possible that the Sirius servers simply don't recognize the Torch as an "approved-to-stream-to" device and hence the "not available, try again later" error.
    10-27-10 11:23 PM
    Just Stern. Sorry. I'd like to get Sirius on my BlackBerry too.

10-28-10 04:33 AM
    The storm version works ..go to the website ..I think its xmradio.com/bberry or sirius.com/blackberry ...google it but the storm version works sometimes in the torch.....

Last edited by nikosg21; 10-28-10 at 05:47 AM.
    10-28-10 05:44 AM
    Its true tho ..I ve had problems connecting ..only recently it started working....its not 100 percent..

10-28-10 05:46 AM
    I reinstalled the app...I still get "Service Temporarily Unavailable", but I will keep trying and report back if anything interesting happens.
    10-28-10 02:12 PM
    received this letter today in response to my asking about support for the 9800. sounds like they need to hear from more interested parties. please write or call siriusXM to let them know there are people out here who would like to see support for the Torch 9800.

Thank you for contacting SIRIUSXM. We are sorry to hear your feedback and thank you for letting us know what is on your mind.

We appreciate all of our subscriber�s comments and suggestions and we understand your concern in this matter. However, at the current time no updates are planned regarding the Torch 9800.

For more information, visit our website [link removed to allow posting] Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service[/url] or you may contact our Listener Care Center for direct assistance.

We are hoping for your kind consideration and we do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 800-967-2346.

Thank you,

Michelle

SiriusXM Email Listener Care Team
    1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2346)
    11-29-10 02:11 PM
    I reinstalled the app...I still get "Service Temporarily Unavailable", but I will keep trying and report back if anything interesting happens.
    I got the same reponse from sirius re the Torch 2 9810. Plus there is no work around as far as I can tell. I'm weaning off of Howard, but its been hard. I do still have my bold and can pit the Sim card in there. Sux.

10-14-11 08:24 AM
    Same error here, anyone find a solution?
    10-19-11 09:55 AM
    Would backing down to previous OS version help with this? Sirius says they are NOT working on any app that will work on the Torch
    11-17-11 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD