Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-17-10 10:45 AM
91 123 ...
tools
    Anyone know if you can get sirius satelite radio on your blackberry? I already have a subscription to sirius and I can listen online, any ideas on how/if I can listen through my blackberry?

thanks
    04-22-09 08:09 AM
    If you have internet radio on your account, you might be able to still use Orb and uSirius. With Orb running on your computer, you can stream media on your PC to your BB (running 4.5 OS). The cool thing is, it gives you access to all of your mp3s, most videos, pictures, and even your webcam.

The trick to this will be finding a copy of uSirius. Sirius went after the programmer and most known copies of uSirius have disappeared from the web. If you do find a copy of uSirius, it will stream Sirius channels through Orb. Search the forums for uSirius for how to set it up. I also don't know if Sirius blocked the ports used for streaming audio, but I doubt it since you can still use their internet portal via their website.

Until Sirius releases their own software, this is about the only way I know of listening to Sirius on your BB.
    04-22-09 08:47 AM
    That would be great!!! I have a subscription too. I have tried to go to the website but it will not work when I try to sign in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 08:48 AM
    The website that had Usirius is no longer available. Does anyone have it saved that could send it to me?
    05-01-09 08:24 PM
    Try limewire?

05-01-09 08:53 PM
    To get xm on your device you can either get the xm app or do the same for the orb setup. You need uxm and orb running on your pc. Works good and its way better than the xm app since the app only has 20 channels. You can get them all on uxm.
    For the usirius person...let me dig around I just may have it.

05-02-09 06:16 AM
    OK to make things easier for everyone I rounded up instructions I got from here and uploaded the files so everything is in one spot.
    UXM instructions originally posted by Hugg727
    Get ORB from MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    Get xmu here RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

After you install BOTH of these to your PC go into the uXM application and login with your XM subscription information.

Now start up Orb, create and account and go to the audio section. Under internet radio there will be a favorite channels section, click on it and it should be empty for now.

Go back to the uXM app.
    It should say something like this:
    13:17:03 - uXM v1.0RC4 (2008-10-13)
    13:17:03 - 2007 - 2008 Millard Software
    13:17:03 -
    13:17:03 - Logging in to XM...
    13:17:06 - Login successful.
    13:17:06 - Loading channel lineup...
    13:17:06 - Channel lineup loaded successfully.
    13:17:06 - Starting server...
    13:17:06 - Server started.
    13:17:06 - Listening at 192.168.15.3 on port 19081.

Now click on the URL button on the right you will see the channels listed in the drop down box.

You must do the next step for every channel that you want, so here goes..

After you select the channel a URL will be in a box on the bottom. They have made it easy for you, click on the Clipboard button on the bottom, no go back to Orb.

In the Audio section where we left off above, under favorite channels...on the top the is a link that says "Add custom", click it. A new box will appear, enter the name of your XM channel and then right click and paste the url in the "Path" box . click submit and voila! You should see the channel icon, just a big green play button, with the name you just gave it. Again do this for every channel that you want.

Keep in mind that both uXM and Orb must be running continuously to get the feed from your phone.

Now open up the browser on your BB, I used the BB browser and it was fine.
    Open up mycast.orb.com
    Login in with your Orb sign on, and go to favorite channels. You will see all of them in there.

Usirius
    Get ORB from MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Get that and get ORB installed on your pc then. Follow this.
    1) Make sure you have a sirius online acct. You get one free with your subscription.
    2) D/L and install ORB
    2a) Create an ORB acct.
    3) D/L and install uSirius
    4) Start both.
    5) go to Internet Radio inside Orb. Create a CUSTOM CHANNEL.
    6) to get the url you need for your "path" setting in Orb, select that channel in uSirius and copy it.
    7) Leave both running on your computer. p.s. you need broadband
    8) go to your Curve browser - mycast.orb.com - sign in and go to your Audio/Internet Radio listings..

**EDIT** If you would like a mycast orb launcher I found this link from Tronyx's website. Go here on your blackberry Blackberry Launchers and get mycast orb.
    Last edited by rlp32; 05-19-09 at 11:36 AM.
    05-02-09 06:29 AM
    Is there an orb application for BB like there is for iphones? Or do I still have to log on using the browser?

05-02-09 08:51 AM
    I dont think so. Could be wrong though.
    05-02-09 08:54 AM
    A follow up, yep that's what I meant, download uSirius

Who knows what their plan is anyways, they should think about opening up this market with SiriusXM in so much trouble. I'm actually in the radio industry and was hoping to get a job with Sirius but I'm now doubting that.
    05-02-09 08:55 AM
    I have Sirius in my car and the home adapter... BUT...

I don't know if this is national or not, go to

Iheartradio.com It even has native support for storm now.

You can download what IMAO is one of the best streaming radio apps for BB. I can get a local talk station ANYWHERE now..
    05-02-09 09:00 AM
    I have both uxm and usirius PM me if anyone needs it. Leave your email and I'll send it your way.
    I just sent you a PM. THanks!!
    05-02-09 11:24 AM
    I got it and you should have your files by now. Your welcome!
    05-02-09 12:22 PM
    I got it and you should have your files by now. Your welcome!
    Got it, thanks rlp32! Works great.

05-02-09 06:28 PM
    I use the XM app and love it for listening to Opie & Anthony. But a few channels from the already limited channel line up get scrambled in the afternoons or evenings when I listen to the day's replays.

Since that i've notified their support service and it was fixed for a few days and started up again. I won't be renewing my subscription anymore. Now I just use torrents and listen when I have the time.

05-02-09 06:40 PM
    FYI frunkis is spelled FRRRRRRRRUNKISSS! as per lil yimmy norton. OandA rule. Thats the only reason I had xm app on my device but I had the opposite problems. Everything worked great then OandA would do that for me. Now I run this orb and xm app....no issues what so ever. You have to have an online subscription though. Need aymore infor or help feel free to pin me or PM. Always willing to help a fellow pest. Jimcy said it was muur**r
    05-02-09 06:46 PM
    Opey and anthony still do live shows? I thought they were off the air on xm?

05-02-09 10:16 PM
    O and A rule is there an app for the storm?

05-02-09 10:36 PM
    They got suspended last year for 30 days but now that they're only doing satellite and no longer on terrestial the shows are even better.
    And rip32: it would be so hard to log in if I spelled it like that, so I rich vos it instead.

05-02-09 10:37 PM
    O and A rule is there an app for the storm?

It isnt app for the device itself. You download this app to your pc. You also need to download Orb. Then when they are both running you log into your mycast account from your device browser.

They got suspended last year for 30 days but now that they're only doing satellite and no longer on terrestial the shows are even better.
    And rip32: it would be so hard to log in if I spelled it like that, so I rich vos it instead.

Yea they got suspended for the Condoleezza Rice and Laura Bush bit. Although they played worst of's the whole month. Rich Vos'd it. LOL too funny.
    05-03-09 08:16 AM

I've had sirius for 3 years, how come I don't see their show in my channel line up?

05-03-09 11:35 AM
    Not sure about sirius but with xm to get sirius shows like howard you have to add on plan that has it included.
    05-03-09 11:51 AM
    05-03-09 12:00 PM
    can you please send me the link for uxm.. borisshnitkin@hotmail.com.. thanks so much
    05-03-09 12:08 PM
    Replied to your PM with all the necessary files and instructions for you.
    05-03-09 12:20 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD