Hi,

I used to use the Sirius App on my Tour with no problems here in Canada. Now that I've upgraded to the 9900 (which I LOVE) I need a new comaptible Sirius App. When I go to Sirius.com it asks you to select your BB model. No surprise, 9900 is not there, yet.

I chose the most recent Bold Model 9700. I downloaded but it doesnt work and now I cant delete it. I tried replacing it with another Bold compatible app, but no luck.

My question: Is there any one that might work for me or will I have to wait for an OS7 App from Sirius to be built? I love my Bold but I miss Howard Stern when Im driving to work.

ALso, have trouble listening to Sirius on my Playbook too, it loads but audio never starts. Any help with that will help too.
    08-15-11 10:57 AM
    There is no Sirius App compatible with OS7 yet. There wasn't even a version for the 9800 although sometimes the 9700 version worked on occasion. I think they'll get their **** in gear soon and release one.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-15-11 11:00 AM
    There is no Sirius App compatible with OS7 yet. There wasn't even a version for the 9800 although sometimes the 9700 version worked on occasion. I think they'll get their **** in gear soon and release one.
    I guess I was super lucky because I never had any trouble at all with my 9700...even when I switched to OS 6. I've already sent them an email via their contact form to ask when the new version will be out.

If enough subscribers do that, they may be interested in developing the app.
    08-15-11 11:38 AM
    Thanks! Now since I cant delete it from my phone because it wont load on my app list, I should be able to do so from Desktop Manager right?
    08-15-11 11:47 AM
    Im emailing right now!
    08-15-11 11:47 AM
    Good to know...Thanks...I won't install it.

If one becomes available, post here so I can get notified.
    08-15-11 08:06 PM
    OK, Now this is getting ridiculous... How is it possible that Sirius STILL has not released up to date blackberry apps? There really is no excuse, at this point it is simply disrespectful to it's current customer base... Sirius has abondoned it's blackberry carrying customers, simply disgusting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 04:17 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I fired up my work PC and went to log into my Sirius Canada account to stream my dailiy fix of Stern. They had re-done the player so I instantly logged out and grabbed my Playbook to see if it worked. I was very excited to find out that it worked and I can use my Playbook to stream Sirius. No more side loading the Android Sirius player.

Try it out and post back if it works for you. Show Sirius some love for doing this!
    phylez, inspector6 and rickster21 like this.
    09-24-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD