I hope Sirius Canada doesn't take forever to update the application to work with OS7. This is not a daily app for me, but I do use it.

Is any one else getting anxious about not being able to listen thru ur BBM?
    08-14-11 02:05 PM
    Won't be happening anytime soon, they stopped support at OS 5. Those that got it working on OS 6 was a fluke. Official word is that they won't support BlackBerry again until there is demand for it.
    08-14-11 02:12 PM
    Won't be happening anytime soon, they stopped support at OS 5. Those that got it working on OS 6 was a fluke. Official word is that they won't support BlackBerry again until there is demand for it.
    Yes, because no one who owns a blackberry wants to listen to streaming music
    It's just one more reason why SiriusXM is a poorly managed company.
    I loved listening to Sirius on my Curve but can't now because I own a Torch. I complained. Many have complained but to no avail.
    I'm not saying developing an app is simple but they have one for OS5, you'd think it wouldn't be too tough to make one for OS6+.

Yes, it would be silly for them to create another way for people to listen and hence increase and generate new subscribers. They haven't even released any decent new radios in years.

If it weren't for my Stilletto2 and Howard Stern I would've left for a Premium Slacker Radio account long ago.
    08-16-11 01:11 PM
    Yes, because no one who owns a blackberry wants to listen to streaming music
    It's just one more reason why SiriusXM is a poorly managed company.
    I loved listening to Sirius on my Curve but can't now because I own a Torch. I complained. Many have complained but to no avail.
    I'm not saying developing an app is simple but they have one for OS5, you'd think it wouldn't be too tough to make one for OS6+.

Yes, it would be silly for them to create another way for people to listen and hence increase and generate new subscribers. They haven't even released any decent new radios in years.

If it weren't for my Stilletto2 and Howard Stern I would've left for a Premium Slacker Radio account long ago.
    I'm a big Stern fan too, so I went one step further and actually wrote a plea for help to the show. I told them how I listen on my phone all the time and that Sirius hasn't updated the app to work with any new BB phone in the last year and a half. That was just yesterday, so no reply yet of course.

Howard did go around for a whole week pimping the mobile devices, so I'm hoping it will **** him off and get him to either a) say something about it on the air or b) yell at someone at Sirius to actually do something about it.
    Last edited by arthursim; 08-16-11 at 02:32 PM. Reason: "pi55" is a bad word?!?!
    08-16-11 02:31 PM
    Well that just made me not want to update to any OS7 device. Ever. I don't give a damn about Howard Stern and I wish he'd burst into flames, but I listen to Sirius through my Storm2 at work all day long. Our IT department has blocked all streaming radio sites online including the Sirius player so I have no choice but to listen through my phone. I was afraid when I saw that the new devices were coming that Sirius would basically tell all BB users to perform sexual intercourse upon our own person when it came to updating the app for newer devices.
    08-16-11 03:28 PM
    I've had Sirius on my Tour for some time now and it's been a godsend at times.

Couldn't you download whatever version is out to the new OS 7? What's the issue?

I have emailed them as well.
    08-18-11 12:42 AM
    I don't give a damn about Howard Stern and I wish he'd burst into flames, but I listen to Sirius through my Storm2 at work all day long.
    Ok, that made me LOL, but not everyone has to love Howard. I just want my Sirius.

Couldn't you download whatever version is out to the new OS 7? What's the issue?
    Well, that's the issue exactly now isn't it. There isn't one.

They did reply to my email. Here's my original comment submitted on their website:

Comments: Ive been a subscriber for a couple of years. Ive just purchased the new Bold 9900 and was wondering when you plan on upgrading the app to work with the new OS. You always seem to lag behind in upgrading your mobile applications. Im glad that youve updated the iOS app to allow background playing but that took over a year to accomplish.
    I truly hope that this does not take as long to fix the BB app.
    Here is their screw you canned reply:

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for writing to us about your Blackberry Bold 9900.
    Unfortunately, we have no information of if or when, the app will become available for your mobile device. Once it does become available it will be posted on our website. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Jennifer G
    SIRIUS Customer Care
    Thanks for nothing Jennifer.
    08-19-11 02:02 PM
    I heard a commercial on Stern's Sirius program today that states their services work with BB, iPhone and Android devices.

Hmmm...

He's pretty anal about ensuring they have these apps in the customers hands, so I hope his influence is occurring there. Keeping their existing subscribers is a good thing.
    08-19-11 06:43 PM
    Here's my official XM/Sirius response. They happened to miss the part about me having a 9930. I did install it and it will turn on, but just states the "service is unavailable at the present time".

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding the BlackBerry� application. It is with great pleasure to confirm that we have developed an application to allow SiriusXM to stream over your BlackBerry�.

Since February 4, 2010, SiriusXM began offering our online listening service as an application on the BlackBerry�. This application is very similar to the application we launched for the iPhone.

SiriusXM on BlackBerry� is a mobile extension of the paid Premium SiriusXM Internet Radio online service. With this service, you can enjoy over 120 of your favorite Sirius & XM internet radio channels for only $2.99 per month.

If you are a Sirius or XM Premium Online subscriber then you are all set to go! Just download and install the application and begin to enjoy great SiriusXM content on your device.

Visit the link SiriusXM On Your BlackBerry - SiriusXM Radio for more information.

* Certain channels are not available on mobile devices. See the channel guide.

The following smartphones and media players require the free downloadable SiriusXM application:
    - iPhone˙ 4
    - iPhone˙ 3GS
    - iPhone˙ 3G
    - iPhone˙
    - iPod Touch� (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation)
    - iPad� (Using the iPhone˙ App)
    - BlackBerry� Storm & Storm2 (9500 Series)
    - BlackBerry� Bold (9000 Series)
    - BlackBerry� Bold (9700 Series)
    - BlackBerry� Tour (9600 Series)
    - BlackBerry� Curve (8500 Series)
    - BlackBerry� Curve (8900 Series)
    - Motorola DROID
    - Motorola CLIQ
    - HTC Droid Incredible
    - HTC Droid Eris
    - HTC Hero
    - Google G1
    - Google Nexus 1
    - Other Android˙ Smartphones - The application should function, but has not been tested by SiriusXM. (Note: Requires OS 1.5 or higher)

Ensure that you are running the latest software & firmware on your device. For instructions on how to upgrade your device software or firmware, visit the manufacturer's website.

We hope you are enjoying SiriusXM's 100% commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

And you can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8uBUNey1.

Thank you,

Elma
    SiriusXM Email Listener Care Team
    1-866-635-2349
    08-21-11 04:47 AM
    Now, why would a moderator move this thread when it is ABSOLUTELY related to the new phone and OS?? WTF??
    08-22-11 10:39 AM
    Hey this app is a must, almost did not get my 9810 because of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 03:22 PM
    Yep.......
    08-25-11 03:45 PM
    Everyone just needs to pick up the phone and pitch a fit to one of the very friendly SiriusXM operators...The Torch isn't even available for this app in the old version, much less the 9810 that I'm getting in another few weeks through work...ggggrrr!
    08-25-11 07:52 PM
    Everyone just needs to pick up the phone and pitch a fit to one of the very friendly SiriusXM operators...The Torch isn't even available for this app in the old version, much less the 9810 that I'm getting in another few weeks through work...ggggrrr!
    I'm with you, Brother!
    08-26-11 08:40 AM
    Sirius doesn't seem to care too much about Blackberry OS6 and 7 devices and their users. When I first got my 9800 I went on a personal email campaign for about two weeks to get them to update the app and allow OS6 to stream. I literally emailed once a day for two weeks, and got 14 form letter emails back saying "thanks, but no plans to support new Blackberry's."

I've been kinda bored lately, so I'm all for a mass uproar of Blackberry users. I'll drop a daily email and/or call... maybe with OS7 it will be different than OS6!!!

Going to my email now!!
    08-26-11 09:18 AM
    RIM devices seem to get disrespected in favor of Apple and Android. It's their loss.
    08-27-11 11:57 AM
    I also have the new torch and will be getting a bold next week! I use the sirius app daily and got the same form letter back from them! We need to get them to support these devices! No sirius on our phones can only hurt BB when people are making there phone choice!!!
    08-28-11 02:12 AM
    Just another reason RIM is losing customer base. They should pressure Sirius to create the app. RIM has a louder voice that some guy emailing customer support.
    08-28-11 07:33 AM
    So guys,

I went a step further and downgraded my Sirius account by removing the web feature since there's no app support for the 9930. I told them that when they get it figured out, call me and I'll upgrade again.

Best thing you can do if you really want to get someone there to listen (accidental pun). You are directly effecting revenue and that's when they start to listen.

I suggest others follow and that you let them know why you are downgrading.
    08-30-11 08:53 AM
    I emailed them again this morning using a different email account I have asking for a BlackBerry app to support the new devices. I'm sure I'll get a generic blow it out your diddy bag email again, but maybe, just maybe if enough of us complain, we'll get our app.
    08-30-11 08:57 AM
    I emailed them again this morning using a different email account I have asking for a BlackBerry app to support the new devices. I'm sure I'll get a generic blow it out your diddy bag email again, but maybe, just maybe if enough of us complain, we'll get our app.
    Maybe send them this.

BTW: The stock is up 40% (yes folks, I said 40%) this month!

RIM picks up gains on improving sentiment - Market Extra - MarketWatch

"Smithen also noted that the new devices, using the upgraded BlackBerry 7 operating system, are “better than most expected” and that he believes they’ll sell well to the company’s large base of enterprise customers."
    08-30-11 09:10 AM
    le Sigh. I got a response and I'm paraphrasing:

We don't support any BlackBerry phones because they suck. However, feel free to join the 21st century and get an iPhone or a Droid since they are the ****. One app for your Droid or one app for your iPhone is all you need since BlackBerry sucks and you have to have a different app for each phone.

**** off, BlackBerry users. iPhone rocks.

Antoinette
    Sirius/XM Radio

In all seriousness, the email I got said:

"Thank you for contacting SiriusXM. We are glad you have taken this time to contact us for more information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Unfortunately, the Blackberry Torch is on a different operating system that is not compatible with our SiriusXM application and there are no plans to incorporate the SiriusXM app for this operating system.

Thank you,

Antonette
    SiriusXM Email Listener Care Team
    1-866-635-2349"

FML.
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 08-30-11 at 11:18 AM.
    08-30-11 10:50 AM
    “We continue to view RIM’s ~70 million recurring revenue subscribers, strong international franchise, popular BBM service and its 11,000 patents and Nortel license as vastly undervalued and underappreciated by the Street,” he wrote."

With the new BOLD becoming VERY popular and it really hasn't even been promoted yet, Sirius will need to get their act in gear soon. The train has left the station - all aboard!

Calling now.....

On hold...She's asking when they will be supporting the new BB Bold 9930....
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-30-11 at 11:09 AM.
    08-30-11 11:04 AM
    Come on, people. Call, email and maybe even snail mail. Actually. It would be cool to start a snail mail campaign. If we had a ton of people send them letters on the same day, that would be sweet!

08-31-11 12:40 AM
    Come on, people. Call, email and maybe even snail mail. Actually. It would be cool to start a snail mail campaign. If we had a ton of people send them letters on the same day, that would be sweet!

Help us out. Emails/numbers?

08-31-11 12:43 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD