I'm messing around with SimpleTrax and I can't figure out how to REMOVE a device from the list of devices tracked by SimpleTrax. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I can't seem to figure out how often it updates on the PC's map. They don't have a lot in the FAQ section.

Thanks,
    WB
    01-30-10 03:21 PM
    I didn't see too much info listed on the web about this product. This page may end up being your only resource. I guess you could remove the whole application and reload it if you don't want to wait for them to respond back. Good luck.

SimpleTrax - the simple to use service to locate your GPS devices
    01-30-10 03:47 PM
    Yep, I tried the link. They e-mailed back and said they'd remove the requested device.

It appears to be a decent app, but it is lacking in self support (and some features). I'm hoping that they're working on development a bit more.
    Last edited by wabyrd; 01-31-10 at 01:28 PM.
    01-30-10 11:50 PM
    No kidding. That is a bummer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 05:02 AM
    After e-mailing support, they removed the requested device. Done very quickly considering it was requested over the weekend.

I started using Instamapper (back when it was still Moostrax). It was accurate, but it is a really battery drain.

I've been using Google Maps Latitude, but it's not very accurate. It had my wife's phone Nanjing, China for about 2 hours last week during her drive home. It doesn't appear to update automatically anymore either since the switch from our 8310's to the 9700's with OS 5.0.

Went back to Instamapper and on 5.0 it seems to always want to pop up as the foreground app. It also seems to forget that it's looking for satellites after being indoors for a while.

SimpleTrax seems to be the perfect in-between application. It doesn't seem to drain the battery AND it provides improved accuracy. After 8-12 hours indoors it picks up the satellites quickly and begins transmitting locations again. The app stays in the background the way its supposed to do.
    Last edited by wabyrd; 01-31-10 at 02:02 PM.
    01-31-10 01:39 PM
    I use BlipPlus off of appworld. Works well without much battery drain. Updates every 15 minutes.
    01-31-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD