Hi again guys,

Still loving this awesome app, version 3.0.7 solved my location issues, thanks to the exelent support provided by the developer!

Well going to my problem, since the beginning, when the app updates the weather my phone goes from EDGE to edge and i have to wait a long time for it to go back to EDGE or i have to desactivate and activate mobile network

I`ve downloaded version 3.0.8 hoping that it would solve my issue, but no luck so far

Any ideas? I don`t think it`s a carrier issue because without the app there are no problems, but i really want to keep it

Thanks in advice!!
    12-26-09 11:11 PM
    Hi again guys,

Still loving this awesome app, version 3.0.7 solved my location issues, thanks to the exelent support provided by the developer!

Well going to my problem, since the beginning, when the app updates the weather my phone goes from EDGE to edge and i have to wait a long time for it to go back to EDGE or i have to desactivate and activate mobile network

I`ve downloaded version 3.0.8 hoping that it would solve my issue, but no luck so far

Any ideas? I don`t think it`s a carrier issue because without the app there are no problems, but i really want to keep it

Thanks in advice!!
    That's strange, the app doesn't touch your network connections at all. It simply looks for the best way to connect to the internet and that's it. I don't see how the app could be causing this, but we can try to troubleshoot it anyways and see what is causing it to happen.

When you reboot your device what does it say when your phone first boots up EDGE or edge?
    12-26-09 11:17 PM
    It goes like this after a battery pull: GSM - edge - EDGE - edge - EDGE

The 3 first stages are really quick, but when it goes back to edge it takes some time to jump to EDGE

Although, sometimes it'll stay at GSM for a very long time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 12:02 AM
    Hmm this is very strange. Have you tried removing SimpleWeather and then doing a few battery pulls and see if this changes anything?
    12-27-09 12:30 AM
    I've deleted the app to try and so far from 8 am my phone has stayed at EDGE :s

Any idea?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:40 PM
    Any ideas regarding this issue???
    12-28-09 11:35 PM
    Funny thing My storm is doing the same thing. Every time i Run apps likr Beejive or Urbertwitter it jumps to edge and will not get off unless i shutdown the app and reset the connection. As long as i am not in the apps i stay on EDGE. WTF i tried Hybrid OS as well and still the same ****. I am getting so frustrated with the phone i might just sell it and keep using my 8900. Please any Ideas?? Maybe a certain OS Config i can use. Please let me know.
    THank You
    01-07-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD