Ill probably get blasted for asking but I just want a simple program to add names and numbers on my computer then send them to my phone.
    Last edited by BMWM1; 05-03-10 at 02:08 AM.
    05-03-10 01:59 AM
    The rim "supported" suggestion is Outlook since Desktop Manager supports syncing between the bb and Outlook. There are other solutions including gmail sync that can work. I THINK something called ABC Amber might allow you to edit the backup file made by Desktop Manager.
    05-03-10 09:49 AM
    Isnt there some options in the setup portion of DM? I know yahoo and gmail etc are there.
    05-03-10 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the information but my problem is I dont use outllook and I went to try Gmail service and it said it would not work on 5.0 so still confussed.All the things this phone does but cant tranfer contacts is just crazy.I dont mind paying for a simple program that can do this for me.
    05-03-10 12:06 PM
    You could email the contacts to your phone (in text form, in the body of the email) and then use an app like "Add to Contact 2". It has a free trial.
    05-03-10 12:33 PM
    I'm surprised google Sync isnt working. I've personally never used it but I hear people talking about it all the time.
    05-03-10 12:35 PM
    I'm surprised google Sync isnt working. I've personally never used it but I hear people talking about it all the time.
    Ive spent about an hour on it now and still cant gmail contacts to work correctlly.I did get the email service working.

I have a hard time believing there is not a simple app/download for this
    05-03-10 01:59 PM
    05-03-10 02:30 PM
    I dont need to back it up I need be able to transfer names and number between computer and phone thats all nothing fancy
    05-03-10 03:25 PM
    MiQ will do that too. I use it myself. Simply log in, enter a new contact, and it will sync to your device. Simple. I do the same with calendar entries, etc.
    05-03-10 03:30 PM
    I dont need to back it up I need be able to transfer names and number between computer and phone thats all nothing fancy
    What about transferring the VCards via Bluetooth between your phone and computer?
    05-03-10 03:32 PM
    Ill probably get blasted for asking but I just want a simple program to add names and numbers on my computer then send them to my phone.
    Google Sync works fine with 5.0. First, I would create your contacts on your BlackBerry so they are formatted properly, then create a new gmail address for the sole purpose of syncing, then sync to the new email. From that point forward you can manage your contacts from your computer using that Gmail account.

The reason I suggest setting up a new gmail account is so that it doesn't get mixed up with the old one. This has the potential to mess with the bb contacts format and has also been known to create duplicate contacts. If you sync the first time to a gmail account that has empty contacts it is much cleaner. You will alleviate a lot of potential headaches this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD