I have a problem on Facebook. It says I have no data plan so I can't use it. But it has, I only switched my sister's sim to my torch and it shows that error screen. Take note, my sister's sim has plan too and I'm using it now to post this topic. Hope you can help me. i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 07:53 PM
    Resend your service books from the email setup.
    12-02-10 07:54 PM
    I have seen people with this problem elsewhere as well.

Most of them do not have a data plan but are still able to connect using the BB Browser instead of the Facebook APP.

Also I hear some people having issues utilize SNAPTU m.snaptu.com to get to Facebook.

I deleted my Facebook account so do not even access it on my Blackberries so I am not sure if these solutions will work first hand.

Question: Are you using the Facebook APP to connect? or do you use the BB Browser?
    12-02-10 08:04 PM
    Does your sister have a BB data plan? The Facebook app requires a BB data plan.
    12-02-10 08:12 PM
    So it's different from the at&t data plan? I think she hasn't cause I bought it with my sim card inserted. Can I get that though?

12-02-10 08:17 PM
    It is not the same as a standard data plan. You can add BB plan online or by calling them.
    12-02-10 08:21 PM
    If AT&T is your carrier, they will do an IMEI sweep and automatically add the more expensive data plan sooner or later. Since September 2009, they have required data plans for all smartphones.
    12-02-10 08:23 PM
    Is it free or do I have to pay for it?

12-02-10 08:23 PM
    Is it free or do I have to pay for it?

AT&T data plans for your BlackBerry Torch.
    DataPlus
    200 MB of data for $15/month

* Surf the Web
    * Send email
    * Social networking

DataPro
    2 GB of data for $25/month

* Download or stream music
    * Watch videos
    * Use high-bandwidth applications

BlackBerry® Torch™ - BlackBerry 6 OS - Wireless from AT&T
    12-02-10 08:26 PM
    My sister has that one too. We both have the 2gb plan so I'm wondering why the sim of hers doesn't work on my torch.

12-02-10 08:29 PM
    If she doesn't have a BB, she probably has a standard data plan and not a BB data plan. They are different.
    12-02-10 09:23 PM
    So how can I get it? Is there like a website that iI can do that or by just calling them?

12-02-10 09:39 PM
    You have to login to your account on wireless.att.com and add the BB data plan to her phone account. You can also call AT&T customer service.
    12-02-10 10:15 PM
    You have to login to your account on wireless.att.com and add the BB data plan to her phone account. You can also call AT&T customer service.
    Thanks man, I'll try that later.
    12-02-10 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD