Hey all. I have had my S2 for about 4 months and I have a question I have never found the answer to. I'm part OCD when it comes to having apps running in the background. Whenever I close an app I close it BB button>Close. However, I got to thinking...What about the apps that do not close (Browser, Messages, Phone, and BBM)? When I'm done reading my email in Messages, or finished browsing the web via the Native Browser, do I have to go through the process of closing these specific apps or can I just hit the End button to go back to the homescreen? Thanks for any input.
    04-08-10 09:05 PM
    as long as you are happy with battery life and performance, there's no need to close more apps than whatever it takes to obtain those 2 goals. I'll leave chats open in BBM all day long. Sometimes I close apps and other times I'll leave 'em open. I try to close all the 3rd party apps as much as I can to conserve the battery for "important" functions like Pandora! I just removed Google maps and I might be wrong, but I'm seeing my battery life improve. 4.0.1 kept showing up as a running task, even after reboots, when I don't recall opening it. I don't think I'm senile enough yet, to have repeatedly opened GM without remembering having done so. I got fed up with the problems with GM and deleted it last night and I'm glad I did. Battery life is awesome at the moment. 11 hours and I'm at 80%. that's doing internet, phone calls, and light BBMessaging. today was probably the only day I didn't run Pandora for many hours. I barely ran any music apps at all today--a rarity for me.
    04-08-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD