Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound when taking pictures? I can't figure out any way to do it. If not, is there a program that does this?
    01-08-09 01:56 AM
    there is an app you can buy called berry annoying that does it
    01-08-09 02:12 AM
    Any chance you have a link? I googled it and found a link to pinstack's store, but I don't see any way to download the trial and/or pay for it.
    01-08-09 02:28 AM
    I don't just go into the crackberry store and do a search for it. Its 3.95 and has a free trial

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 02:31 AM
    You tryin' to take pics on the down-low??? lol
    01-08-09 07:39 AM
    01-08-09 09:53 AM
    You tryin' to take pics on the down-low??? lol
    Oh no, please let not go back to that Thread ;-)
    I am sure some remember that...
    01-08-09 09:54 AM
    Maybe they are trying to?! Like at one of their child's school functions where several people will get tired of hearing the bb shutter sound. And yes, I remember that thread too.
    If someone was really into the "sneak a pic" stuff, they probably would use a SILENT 8MP+ digital camera for the best shot, not a 2MP bb.
    Ps I really wish people would get over the legalities of silent cameras and call recording.
    Last edited by tekneakz; 01-08-09 at 10:26 AM.
    01-08-09 10:23 AM
    Maybe they are trying to?! Like at one of their child's school functions where several people will get tired of hearing the bb shutter sound. And yes, I remember that thread too.
    If someone was really into the "sneak a pic" stuff, they probably would use a SILENT 8MP+ digital camera for the best shot, not a 2MP bb.
    Ps I really wish people would get over the legalities of silent cameras and call recording.
    Not judging, just saying . . I doubt really if someone wants to carry around a digital camera when they have one (not a great one) on their phone. I doubt also if it has to do with school functions!! It's the pic on the DL!!!
    01-08-09 05:45 PM
    How about NOT going back to that thread??? Hahahaha!
    01-08-09 05:57 PM
    Not judging, just saying . . I doubt really if someone wants to carry around a digital camera when they have one (not a great one) on their phone. I doubt also if it has to do with school functions!! It's the pic on the DL!!!
    I'm in the same boat. I have a nice 13MP sony W300 pocket cam (w300 is 6 months old, a T100 before that) I've been carrying around since I've been cell-phoneless for the past 2 years whenever I leave the house with the family. Now that I have the BB, I don't carry it around anymore because despite the resolution issue, it seems silly to carry two devices when you can carry one and still achieve the goal.
    01-08-09 08:08 PM
    Oh no, please let not go back to that Thread ;-)
    I am sure some remember that...
    Yeah, I do. Let's not go there again. Bad times.

You can always do the voicemail trick. It works and it is free. I am still leery of those who look for ways around having the shutter go off.
    01-08-09 08:11 PM
    What's the reason for not making the shutter silent?

01-08-09 11:01 PM
    I'm sure there are other people in the world besides myself that hate the little sounds all the modern day gadgets make. On my BB the only sounds I have enabled are my ringtone and SMS/MMS alert.... that's it. My laptop is muted unless listening to music or watching videos. Both of my digital cameras have profiles set to mute. On all my instant message clients, I turned off all sounds. Visual alerts are enough for me.

I've found the camera shutter sound off to be a non-issue but then again, I'm not a pervert at a playground taking pictures of children. The only time I've even used it maliciously was when I was taking pictures of my great aunt playing the Hula Hoop game on Wii Fit to send to her granddaughter. Afterwards I showed her the pictures and she asked me to email them to her also.
    01-08-09 11:30 PM
    I'm the same way. My phone is always on vibrate (out and about) or silent (at home on the desk), my laptops are all muted, and don't care to hear the phone "click" when I once-in-a-while take a snapshot. Just hate making noise, not about sneaking a picture. The very few times I do use the camera I'm at a store taking a snap of an item and the sales tag to shop around for it.
    01-08-09 11:43 PM
    There's nothing to be ashamed of. Who doesn't like taking pictures of people without them knowing? Sounds like a legit reason.

01-09-09 11:18 AM
    There's nothing to be ashamed of. Who doesn't like taking pictures of people without them knowing? Sounds like a legit reason.

Just, a question, but do all digital cameras make a sound when taking a picture?
    01-10-09 10:22 AM
    ...NOOOO lets not get back .
    and I feel so bad about this topic because it was me who started this s**t .
    01-10-09 10:40 AM
    I've found the camera shutter sound off to be a non-issue but then again, I'm not a pervert at a playground taking pictures of children. The only time I've even used it maliciously was when I was taking pictures of my great aunt playing the Hula Hoop game on Wii Fit to send to her granddaughter. Afterwards I showed her the pictures and she asked me to email them to her also.
    Hi, not a pervert, just a college student who wants to take a picture of a neat book I found in the library without alerting everyone to the fact that I am not doing actual work. Don't generalize; it's insulting and embarrassing.
    12-13-09 03:35 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound when taking pictures? I can't figure out any way to do it. If not, is there a program that does this?
    the new version of QuickLaunch has a camera mute feature

Attachment 48464
    Last edited by vecharo; 12-13-09 at 03:55 PM.
    12-13-09 03:51 PM
    Good one vecharo I didn't relize this until now. I also do admit that camera sound is annoying.

12-13-09 05:08 PM
    This is true the new version of Quick Launch does have the ability to mute the shutter sound it's called QL Mute but if you do a bp or soft reset it un-mutes the shutter sound. Not a bad feature though I dig it!

12-13-09 11:39 PM
    There was a free one called Cameramute but i cant find it anymore.
    12-14-09 12:48 AM
    Try plugging something in the headphone jack (like headphones) then take the picture

12-14-09 04:00 AM
    There's another free one called Peek-A-Boo from berrycoder.

12-14-09 04:38 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD