Shutup Camera app works great and take the actual picture NOT the screenshot. I even beta tested it.
    05-02-12 07:31 PM
    We plan to put it on MobiHand soon as we are getting lots of interest for the app. Thanks for your patience.

We have just launched another camera app called PrankCam: Prank Cam - Wicked Camera - BlackBerry App World

You can get the base release free and buy additional packs. It is BBM connected, gives you points, allows you to send gifts to BBM contacts. It is not just a fun app, it is also a game!
    Nice, good move putting it on Mobihand, look forward to that.
    Your app is fantastic, used it today to take loads of close up pics of my baby girl playing with toys in a toy store without disturbing her as she's distracted by the slightest thing!
    Its a real pity RIM are so idiotic with their interpretations of laws and incredibly tactless treatment of developers and consumers alike, but devs like you make things easier to stay with RIM until they either change their ways and stop behaving like asses, or die completely due to their own doing and are replaced by something better.
    devcellent and damule6666 like this.
    05-24-12 04:25 PM
    Nice, good move putting it on Mobihand, look forward to that.
    Your app is fantastic, used it today to take loads of close up pics of my baby girl playing with toys in a toy store without disturbing her as she's distracted by the slightest thing!
    Its a real pity RIM are so idiotic with their interpretations of laws and incredibly tactless treatment of developers and consumers alike, but devs like you make things easier to stay with RIM until they either change their ways and stop behaving like asses, or die completely due to their own doing and are replaced by something better.
    OK I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS!!! This is NOT a RIM thing, this is a LAW thing! RIM is following the North American LAWS!!! Are you that dense to not read my posts? They are abiding by the law.... My god you're effing ignorant!!
    05-24-12 07:52 PM
    All these are from the US... RIM is one of the ONLY manufactures adhering to the laws that are in effect!

So before you go spouting off Bobauckland, don't be so ignorant and learn that this is not a RIM Thing at all. Apple and Android phones make clicking sounds too, and they do have options to turn off, but it is considered illegal.... And RIM isn't going to get involved in a clicking lawsuit because others are doing it.

Camera phone clicks could mean jail - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

Cell Phone Camera Crackdown - CBS News

US cell phone camera law might not really click
    05-24-12 08:07 PM
    How is it possible people as ignorant as yourself don't fall down more often or get banned from the internet completely?
    People ignore your claimed in the know posts because you come across as a right ignorant tosser with no clue and his head so far up his own backside that discussion is impossible. This applies to both your annoying, stupid posts on Skype, and now this issue.

Lets be clear, North American laws do not apply around the entire world. Are you that stupid that you can't even understand basic English? Do you not understand this concept?
    Promotions and such run in individual areas only and so laws should be applied similarly to areas where they are applicable. The App World is set up to accommodate apps being allowed in certain countries and not others, why isn't it used appropriately?
    This is a failing or lack of understanding of basic laws and their own software on RIMs part, and ignorant people screaming and ranting like you are not helping anyone by confusing the issue with your total lack of understanding.
    If you don't like my posts please add me to a block or ignore list, I know I could do without the aggravation or having to explain everything like I would to a 2 year old, only to realise you're still incapable of understanding basic things.
    I'm not going to get into it anymore with you. Clearly you think that because you live in the UK that you deserve the world handed to you when RIM is clearly trying to make sure their butts are covered world wide about this issue.

You will see in due time that I'm in the right and the know when Skype does come and it is the way I have mentioned it would be rolled out.

Good bye
    05-25-12 05:07 AM
    I'm not going to get into it anymore with you. Clearly you think that because you live in the UK that you deserve the world handed to you when RIM is clearly trying to make sure their butts are covered world wide about this issue.

You will see in due time that I'm in the right and the know when Skype does come and it is the way I have mentioned it would be rolled out.

Good bye
    And clearly you think that because you live in North America the world needs to comply with your laws. It doesn't. RIM needs to realise that as well, particularly given the state of its North American marketshare. Again, App World can restrict app availability based on countries, specifically for this sort of reason. Obviously this concept hasn't gotten through to you yet.
    Some Middle Eastern countries ban Skype/Viber or other VOIP services to ensure high revenues for telephone calls. Should RIM ban these apps worldwide as well, just to 'cover their butts'? How well do you think that would go?

I may see that what you've suggested re Skype etc does happen in due course but Id put that more down to blind luck than you being in the know.
    Buh bye.
    damule6666 likes this.
    05-25-12 05:57 AM
    May I step in please?
    In the US it is illegal to silence the camera sound, that is true. In the rest of the world, it is allowed. RIM is following the US laws to cover their own butts. Think about it this way. If RIM let the user turn off the camera sound, then some creepy guy was taking pictures of children for perverted reasons, and got caught, first that guy would go to jail. But then RIM would probably get sued for allowing the camera sound to be silenced. People are always walking and texting now, with their phones out, so with the sound being turned off, people could take random pictures of people a lot easier.
    Its a shame that the world has to think like this now. It really is.
    But as for the people in the UK and other parts of the world, RIM can put an app in app world for people to download, and only allow it in certain countries like the other user stated. And that is where RIM will probably go with this, but I don't think RIM themselves would ever make it, they will only let 3rd party developers make an app like this.

On a side note, I have 2 questions. Neither of which I have tried.
    First, if I travel from the US to the UK, would I be able to download apps that are only allowed in the UK? Does appworld check for your carrier, or location?

Second, more on the silence camera thing. If you take a set of earphones, and plug them into your BB, does the camera sound now go through the earphones? Or still through the phone? I have never tried, and no reason to. Just curious.
    05-25-12 07:18 AM
    OK I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS!!! This is NOT a RIM thing, this is a LAW thing! RIM is following the North American LAWS!!! Are you that dense to not read my posts? They are abiding by the law.... My god you're effing ignorant!!
    So you are one of those guys that think the whole world is made up entirely of North America? That's a shame.
    damule6666 likes this.
    05-25-12 01:07 PM
    So you are one of those guys that think the whole world is made up entirely of North America? That's a shame.
    No I don't think like that, but like the guy who posted above you stated, it is to cover RIM's . Who's to say, people start buying unlocked Blackberries from the UK and bring them back to North America. At that point, where it is illegal to have the shutter sound muted, RIM is now liable if there was ever a lawsuit.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, but RIM is siding with the North American laws to cover their tracks for instances of unlocking another countries BB.
    05-25-12 01:17 PM

Second, more on the silence camera thing. If you take a set of earphones, and plug them into your BB, does the camera sound now go through the earphones? Or still through the phone? I have never tried, and no reason to. Just curious.
    Yes the camera click will be audible through the phone, so you can't try to be stealth that way either because the music/video will stop and a nice loud click happens
    05-25-12 01:19 PM
    All i can say after reading this thread, is that i can now plainly see why the rest of the world thinks we Americans (north) are self centered and think the world revolves around us.. WOW..
    bobauckland and NCUDS like this.
    05-28-12 02:07 AM
    All i can say after reading this thread, is that i can now plainly see why the rest of the world thinks we Americans (north) are self centered and think the world revolves around us.. WOW..

Not true... This thread has nothing to do with us being self centered. This is about RIM covering their own butts.
    05-28-12 09:15 AM
    I'm well aware of what it's about.

I'm referring to what it degenerated in to.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-28-12 10:40 AM
    Not true... This thread has nothing to do with us being self centered. This is about RIM covering their own butts.
    Oh please.
    Its nothing about covering anything.
    If you apply all the laws of all countries all over the world, BlackBerries wouldn't run squat.
    Skype is banned in some countries Viber in others, the Bible as an app would be banned in some countries, come on, seriously, this argument of covering butts is so laughable its just... come on.
    NCUDS likes this.
    05-28-12 05:06 PM
    Rim CAN allow apps that do this to be downloaded in certain countries like you mentioned, but they can not integrate it into the OS.
    Do they integrate skype? No. Do they integrate the bible? No. Exactly. So YES they can release an app to certain countries that serve this purpose, but they can not integrate it into the OS.
    05-28-12 07:01 PM
    didn't say it should be integrated, said it should be an available option for our non north American friends.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-29-12 02:11 AM
    And I do agree with that. And it shouldn't be too hard on RIMs side to let a 3rd party create this and then RIM allow it to certain countries.
    damule6666 likes this.
    05-29-12 02:15 AM
    And I do agree with that. And it shouldn't be too hard on RIMs side to let a 3rd party create this and then RIM allow it to certain countries.
    Sounds like you're agreeing with me, unfortunately the simple logic you're applying, which makes complete sense, seems to be too complicated for the people running RIM at the moment. Thats whats frustrating, they're actually trying to make their consumer experience as painful as possible, you have to jump through hoops for absolutely anything.
    05-29-12 03:29 AM
    Why don't you send them an email? I will do it too. I'm a strong believer that if enough people ask for something, it will happen.
    05-29-12 08:54 AM
    apps that silence the shutter will not be allowed. too many abuses of this. upskirts,spying ,pedophiles, etc. it is a new world out here folks. goot alive with it. if you are taking a photo and don't want the shutter jheard, usually , you are doing something that is not right,(besides nature photos).
    06-16-12 01:22 PM
    Why don't you send them an email? I will do it too. I'm a strong believer that if enough people ask for something, it will happen.
    I'd give a thumbs up for an email that states "Phone does not work as it is said to. When in Silent mode, shutter sound still plays."

When the phone is silent, the shutter sound should not play.
    06-25-12 08:52 PM
    Hello,

here we are. Today navigating at the world app store, found this

Free Silent Foto Free - Download Silent Foto Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Working on Blackberry Bold 9900.

Have to test now!!
    ..this is not free anymore..cant find free silent foto for free...

any help guys???
    06-25-12 09:43 PM
    Rim CAN allow apps that do this to be downloaded in certain countries like you mentioned, but they can not integrate it into the OS.
    Do they integrate skype? No. Do they integrate the bible? No. Exactly. So YES they can release an app to certain countries that serve this purpose, but they can not integrate it into the OS.
    The recent posts don't suggest making camera muting an integrated feature, just that a solid, functional app not be blocked where it is perfectly legal.

RIM definitely took the lazy way out here. I know of other apps that are geographically limited (Cozi comes to mind--not available in AW in UK, but available in the US.) Why couldn't RIM have done the same with this app? Because it's too much work to look into individual laws, so let's just punish a good dev?
    06-25-12 10:08 PM
    I just purchase Shut Up Camera in Canada so it is available. Works, but must be activated each time you use the camera.
    12-20-12 03:01 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD