Hello,

here we are. Today navigating at the world app store, found this

Free Silent Foto Free - Download Silent Foto Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Working on Blackberry Bold 9900.

Have to test now!!
    auditman likes this.
    04-30-12 12:28 PM
    Sweet!!! Thanks for letting us know, downloading now.
    04-30-12 12:44 PM
    has anyone else downloaded/used this and can comment on its effectiveness?

1) are all capabilities of the camera still usable?
    2) does it freeze the phone often?
    3) any adverse effects?
    04-30-12 12:57 PM
    has anyone else downloaded/used this and can comment on its effectiveness?

1) are all capabilities of the camera still usable?
    2) does it freeze the phone often?
    3) any adverse effects?

1) NO, no flash and zoom and only one resolution
    2) No, no problems so far
    3) No!

this is for me, using 9900 7.1.
    Last edited by MBWorkS; 04-30-12 at 01:05 PM.
    04-30-12 01:03 PM
    What I've noticed so far is:

It's BBM connected
    Can auto take photos,
    Includes optional delay
    Includes optional vibrate when photo taken.
    No flash.
    You have to zoom in by clicking your BB button.

Brought to us by the fine people at S4BB

Have fun - stay legal lol
    MBWorkS likes this.
    04-30-12 01:05 PM
    Does it capture at the full resolution of the camera, rather than the 640x480 others do?
    04-30-12 03:06 PM
    I DL'ed the app and it gave my phone an option for auto focus....... I keed, I keed
    James Wang likes this.
    04-30-12 03:13 PM
    And yet another screen-shot app pretends to be a camera mute app. This is just taking a screenshot of your bb display and the resolution of the photo will be the resolution of your bb display. This IS NOT A CAMERA MUTE APPLICATION. This is a screenshot app. There are so many of these fake apps. Someone wake me up when there's an app that can mute the shutter when taking a full resolution photo. They keep jazzing up the UI on these screenshot apps and calling them mute apps. People keep falling for it.
    James Wang and farmurr like this.
    04-30-12 03:38 PM
    And yet another screen-shot app pretends to be a camera mute app. This is just taking a screenshot of your bb display and the resolution of the photo will be the resolution of your bb display. This IS NOT A CAMERA MUTE APPLICATION. This is a screenshot app. There are so many of these fake apps. Someone wake me up when there's an app that can mute the shutter when taking a full resolution photo. They keep jazzing up the UI on these screenshot apps and calling them mute apps. People keep falling for it.
    You won't see a proper camera mute app.
    Devcellent put in the dev time, made a fantastic app, and RIM insisted it be pulled for no reason whatsoever.
    Like the overall app situation unfortunately, blame RIM for the lack of options, its their choice.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-30-12 05:04 PM
    There WAS a app called "ShutUp Camera" that was in appworld for the 9900, but I think it was taken down. I would upload the .cods(because I have the app installed on my phone), but the app costed .99cent so it would be pirating if I did so. I don't know why it was taken down.
    04-30-12 09:03 PM
    There WAS a app called "ShutUp Camera" that was in appworld for the 9900, but I think it was taken down. I would upload the .cods(because I have the app installed on my phone), but the app costed .99cent so it would be pirating if I did so. I don't know why it was taken down.
    Wow, I had no idea they took that down. I'm glad I bought the app a few days ago, it's been great.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-30-12 09:26 PM
    Wow, I had no idea they took that down. I'm glad I bought the app a few days ago, it's been great.
    Exactly! I am glad I got it as well. That app is now rare lol.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-30-12 09:35 PM
    Its not RIMs fault for not having this as an "option" on the phone. Most camera silence apps are illigal and they need to protect themselves from lawsuits.
    This is NOT something we can blame on RIM.
    OniBerry likes this.
    04-30-12 09:59 PM
    Here is SilentShootNux App from the maker of CaptureNux, it's a silent camera App and it's free: http://app.ibnux.net/SilentShootNux/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-30-12 10:03 PM
    Its not RIMs fault for not having this as an "option" on the phone. Most camera silence apps are illigal and they need to protect themselves from lawsuits.
    This is NOT something we can blame on RIM.
    100% WRONG.
    This is NOT an issue outside the States and Im not even sure its an issue in the States.
    Competing OSes such as Windows Phone and Android allow you to mute the camera app as its 100% legal.
    Unfortunately in the States you can carry a gun on you at all times but you can't mute your camera, thats fine, thats their laws.
    Its crazy of RIM to apply those laws around the world for no reason whatsoever.
    So yeah, this IS something we can blame on RIM, absolutely.
    Nashstruck and damule6666 like this.
    05-01-12 05:42 AM
    Nice!!! Downloading now right away!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-01-12 07:37 AM
    100% WRONG.
    This is NOT an issue outside the States and Im not even sure its an issue in the States.
    Competing OSes such as Windows Phone and Android allow you to mute the camera app as its 100% legal.
    Unfortunately in the States you can carry a gun on you at all times but you can't mute your camera, thats fine, thats their laws.
    Its crazy of RIM to apply those laws around the world for no reason whatsoever.
    So yeah, this IS something we can blame on RIM, absolutely.
    Ugh... YOU ARE 100% WRONG! It is illegal here in Canada to have a camera phone with a silenced camera.

For privacy issues alone it is illegal, too many perverts shooting voyeur pics and posting online. A person being photographed needs to acknowledge that a picture was taken of them. RIM is complying with CANADIAN laws and I 10000% agree with this law
    OniBerry likes this.
    05-01-12 08:14 AM
    Ugh... YOU ARE 100% WRONG! It is illegal here in Canada to have a camera phone with a silenced camera.

For privacy issues alone it is illegal, too many perverts shooting voyeur pics and posting online. A person being photographed needs to acknowledge that a picture was taken of them. RIM is complying with CANADIAN laws and I 10000% agree with this law

This is all ok, but in all the phones that i used in the past years ( Ericsson, Sony-ericsson, Meizu, Nokia ) there was an options to mute the camera, and in the new models there is still this options. The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the first phone in wich you cant set to mute the camera. Also all the Real Camera in the market ( nikkon, Canon, Sony::.etc) dont have a shutter sound if you whant.

So i also think there is something wrong with RIM, and this is only an RIM problem
    So all ather phones the are illegal??!!!??
    I dont think so!
    05-02-12 06:09 AM
    This is all ok, but in all the phones that i used in the past years ( Ericsson, Sony-ericsson, Meizu, Nokia ) there was an options to mute the camera, and in the new models there is still this options. The Blackberry Bold 9900 is the first phone in wich you cant set to mute the camera. Also all the Real Camera in the market ( nikkon, Canon, Sony::.etc) dont have a shutter sound if you whant.

So i also think there is something wrong with RIM, and this is only an RIM problem
    So all ather phones the are illegal??!!!??
    I dont think so!
    Actually every single blackberry that included a camera does not have the ability to mute the camera and here in canada it is a law. I had a Motorala V300 and a V360 both had cameras and both did not have a mute option without modding. So ya here in Canada it is illegal for CAMERA PHONES to be muted. So RIM has followed that law.
    05-02-12 06:14 AM

Fine, prevent the app being released in the States and Canada then, wherever this sort of law applies.
    It does NOT apply in the UK. Hence the other OSes have the feature.
    Certain promotions are States and Canada only, we don't get it in the UK, why should we lose functionality because of laws that apply in other countries?
    I don't really care what your opinion is, if its illegal ban it, if not offer it.
    I object to being treated as a pervert when I have non perv reasons for wanting a silent camera.
    Applying Canadian or American law around the world is 1 gajillion percent stupid.
    damule6666, NCUDS, MBWorkS and 1 others like this.
    05-02-12 07:58 AM

Did you know that the Bold 9900 is equipted with a 1280x720 resolution HD video recorder? That's a fairly high resolution recorder. And did you know that it's totally silent when initiated and when in use?

Having a loud shutter sound isn't protecting your privacy one bit.

P.S. A photo of the top of your house and a photo of a street view of your house was taken without your acknowledgement and is available to anyone in the world via google maps. I hope you're protesting google about this invasion of privacy.
    Last edited by spiral_static; 05-02-12 at 03:30 PM.
    jabbs1 and robkd like this.
    05-02-12 03:27 PM
    Unfortunately in the States you can carry a gun on you at all times...

^FUD at its finest
    05-02-12 03:58 PM
    Did you know that the Bold 9900 is equipted with a 1280x720 resolution HD video recorder? That's a fairly high resolution recorder. And did you know that it's totally silent when initiated and when in use?

Having a loud shutter sound isn't protecting your privacy one bit.

P.S. A photo of the top of your house and a photo of a street view of your house was taken without your acknowledgement and is available to anyone in the world via google maps. I hope you're protesting google about this invasion of privacy.

Google taking a photo of your house and some pedophile taking a picture of kids near a swimming pool or some pervert trying to snap some pics of someone they are stalking, are two entirely different things.
    NCUDS likes this.
    05-02-12 04:14 PM
    Google taking a photo of your house and some pedophile taking a picture of kids near a swimming pool or some pervert trying to snap some pics of someone they are stalking, are two entirely different things.
    so it's all good for the pedophile or stalker to know where your house is thanks to google maps? So they can look through your windows?

We can get pretty ridiculous with these examples, but my point was that the shutter sound isn't protecting your privacy at all. The pedophile can quite easily use a real camera (with no shutter sound) with a telescopic lens from across the street and take pictures of kids in the pool without anyone knowing. Too bad there wasn't a shutter sound to save your kids in this situation, right?

Some of us have real uses for turning the shutter sound off, like taking photos of our notes while in the library at school, or taking photos of the board during a lecture. But we can't do these things without annoying and disrupting the class thanks to people like you who actually think the sound protects their privacy.
    Last edited by spiral_static; 05-02-12 at 06:17 PM.
    damule6666 and NCUDS like this.
    05-02-12 06:15 PM
    does the warning for saving bbm's also apply to canadians? wait is it canadiens? ugh sorry guys...anyway...so if you took a picture of a cop and they noticed you had no shutter sound, they could write you a citation? nonsense...tell them how long you've waited for such an app and you don't know how to delete apps...

quite honestly, if you're embarrassing enough for me to take a picture of you, i'm using camera mute to save you from further embarrassment...it's on you bro...

app definitely works though, i use it.
    Last edited by kaznaaa; 05-02-12 at 07:12 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence.
    damule6666 and devcellent like this.
    05-02-12 07:10 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD