Hi I have a question for all you Blackberry experts!

Does anyone know how I can make it so that only my gmail inbox shows up in the general all-in-one messages app?

Currently, I have gmail set up on my OS 5.0.0.423. Emails from all my labels appear in the messages app, rather than just my inbox. Does anyone know how I can make it so only the inbox emails show up in the messages app?
    01-05-10 01:19 PM
    thats only available in later os builds sorry
    01-05-10 01:50 PM
    thats only available in later os builds sorry
    You mean, in the older OS builds, it works the way I want it to work? If so, do you know which build has my desired functionality?
    01-05-10 01:52 PM
    Go to Messages, BB button, Options, Inbox Settings and uncheck everything except your g-mail.
    01-05-10 01:58 PM
    Go to Messages, BB button, Options, Inbox Settings and uncheck everything except your g-mail.
    Hmm, this will not help give me my desired functionality.

If I do this, it will still display emails from all of my gmail labels/folders showing up in the Messages app. I desire to have only the Inbox emails show up in the Messages app. Also, I like having a centralized place for my SMS and BBM conversations.
    01-05-10 02:02 PM
    Download the Gmail app?
    01-05-10 02:29 PM
    Download the Gmail app?
    I'm not sure you understood my post.

Gmail works fine in it's own separate app. I can see just the inbox, or choose one of the labels as a filter if I choose in the separate email app.

My question is if there is a way to show ONLY the inbox in the Messages app?

Downloading the Gmail app will not put only my Gmail Inbox in the Messages app.
    01-05-10 02:32 PM
    oh, I misunderstood. I don't think there's a way to do that.
    01-05-10 02:53 PM
    Hey Folks,

I figured out a way to get around this, but some of you may not like it

only receive gmail inbox messages to blackberry - PinStack.com

The gist is, to circumvent the Enhanced Gmail Plugin. This does more or less what I wanted. The only downside is that it doesn't sync with your gmail contacts, but since I have that turned off anyway, it's no big deal for me
    01-05-10 07:38 PM
    has anyone determined another way to solve this problem? i am pleased with some of the 2-way GMail sync features, but would like it if messages i apply filters to on the device didn't stay in my Messages Inbox.
    05-06-10 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD