Hello everyone,

I am looking for a few beta testers to help me test Show Me The Images. You may not have heard of it since it hasn't been posted on CrackBerry yet... but it's a nice app.

See here for more information:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=434723

The store link is also in my signature.

I need about 25 beta testers that will give me feedback over the next few days to let me know if it works, how it runs, etc.

If you're interested, please post here and I will post the link up for download once I have enough people.

Thanks all.
    03-26-10 12:42 PM
    I'd like to try this out for ya!
    Last edited by t_d_harvey; 03-26-10 at 02:36 PM.
    03-26-10 02:32 PM
    i would love to test it for ya, i have 8320 4.5

[email protected]
    03-26-10 06:22 PM
    Count me in as well please
    03-26-10 08:49 PM
    Thanks guys. If you know someone, let them know. I will need some feedback then I will release it. The beta is almost ready as well.
    03-28-10 06:27 PM
    Beta now available. Expires April 9th. Anyone can download this and let me know how it works.

http://bberrygo.com/go/smti-beta/4.5
    03-30-10 11:39 AM
    My paid version of your app is 1.1.1 for the Storm2 and your link is version 4.5? Major upgrades?
    03-30-10 11:54 AM
    My paid version of your app is 1.1.1 for the Storm2 and your link is version 4.5? Major upgrades?
    No upgrades yet. This is just for people with 4.5 since I have no version out for them yet. It's the exact version you have (and since you have 5.0 you have one extra feature).
    03-30-10 11:56 AM
    If you have downloaded the beta, please let me know how it is working for you. Thanks.
    03-30-10 05:21 PM
    I'm in (if I'm not too late) I have an 8330 with OS 4.5
    03-30-10 05:21 PM
    I'm in (if I'm not too late) I have an 8330 with OS 4.5
    See the download link in post #6.
    03-30-10 05:22 PM
    How big is this app? If you still need beta testers, I'll help out.
    03-30-10 05:51 PM
    How big is this app? If you still need beta testers, I'll help out.
    It should be 33KB.
    03-30-10 05:52 PM
    K, I'll test it out and let you know. Downloading now.
    03-30-10 05:54 PM
    Ok, so it didn't render the image from an email I got from my school (but their system blows, no surprise there) but I just got an email from redbox (I need to mark that as spam) and the images loaded. There was a quick popup bubble saying that downloading images could reveal my address or location or something, but almost instantly the app selected ok and cleared it.
    Probably took about 10-15 seconds to load all the images.
    A suggestion: seems redundant to have an icon and an options thing under options. Maybe ditch the icon and just have it under options?
    Anyways, it seems to be running good for me, and hasn't deleted my custom profiles like the last app I betad lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 06:16 PM
    Ok, so it didn't render the image from an email I got from my school (but their system blows, no surprise there) but I just got an email from redbox (I need to mark that as spam) and the images loaded. There was a quick popup bubble saying that downloading images could reveal my address or location or something, but almost instantly the app selected ok and cleared it.
    Probably took about 10-15 seconds to load all the images.
    A suggestion: seems redundant to have an icon and an options thing under options. Maybe ditch the icon and just have it under options?
    Anyways, it seems to be running good for me, and hasn't deleted my custom profiles like the last app I betad lol

I left the icon in so that people could delete it easily from the home screen (I don't believe that's an option in 4.5) but are you able to hide the icon?

This was a request before and there was a split down the middle between having an icon and not having one. Most people just screamed "HIDE THE ICON!" so that's what I've been telling others to do.
    03-30-10 06:19 PM
    Haha, way ahead of you on the icon hiding. I'll let you know if I spot any problems with it. Didn't know you could delete apps from the homescreen with 5.0, that seems like a sweet little addon. I wish sprint would just release 5.0 for us 8330m users who have too much tuition to pay for a new blackberry :/

03-30-10 06:24 PM
    So far so good!

I'm running an 8330m with .186 on verizon.

Seems to working quite well. The little thing pops up, program enters keystrokes, it goes away rather quickly so that's fine.

With all the emails i tried it on, most being from retailers, it loaded the pictures just fine (although it still looked ******** without HTML, but that's a whole different type of salad to eat).
    03-31-10 12:08 AM
    How much will this app be when it's out of beta?

03-31-10 03:31 PM
    How much will this app be when it's out of beta?

It's already out, so it'll be the same price as in the store (currently $2.99). If you beta tested and tell me that you did (with some kind of feedback), I'll give it to you no charge.
    03-31-10 08:44 PM
    Haha, I did beta test it. As far as feedback, it's in the post here (I don't know how effective it was, I didn't run into any errors).
    I do give it a positive review though

03-31-10 08:50 PM
    Haha, I did beta test it. As far as feedback, it's in the post here (I don't know how effective it was, I didn't run into any errors).
    I do give it a positive review though

Don't worry. I know you beta tested it. I'll have a copy ready for you when it's released. In the meantime, enjoy the beta and let me know if you have any suggestions or issues.
    03-31-10 09:36 PM
    If anyone has downloaded this and everything is okay I will get this up onto the store later this week (before the beta expires).

Thanks again all for testing.
    04-03-10 03:15 PM
    Just a reminder to everyone that has downloaded this beta. It expires Friday April 9th.

Since I haven't heard anything bad from anyone, I will release it on Friday. Anyone who has beta tested and left feedback here will receive a copy.

Thanks all.
    04-07-10 11:22 PM
    So when my phone reboots in the morning, I get a popup saying that the beta is expired. BUT it still runs fine and automatically loads the images from emails. Just wanted to let you know, cuz if you're offering a free trial you'll want to make sure that the same doesn't happen when the trial expires.

04-10-10 12:31 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD