I have the old school opera 4.2 on my 9700 and also the beta 2 version. So today opera announce they no longer have the beta version and move on to the full version 5.0.

I didn't like the beta 2 version cuz u need the mouse scrolling. I don't like mouse scrolling at all. On my opera 4.2, u can select the "mobile view" and u can scroll up and down a page really fast with different type of keys and trackpad. No mouse scrolling. So does the 5.0 version have that? I tried to installed the 5.0 version and it asked me to replaced the 4.2 version which I don't want it to replaced. So any1 know what I am talking about and can confirm if 5.0 have the same setting as 4.2 where u don't need any "mouse scrolling?". I don't want to upgrade to 5.0 and then not have this setting and not be able to go back to 4.2 version since 4.2 is no longer listed on their website. Also I have a lot of bookmarks on 4.2 version, will those bookmarks be imported to 5.0 if I choose to upgrade it? If not, how would I import those bookmarks? Tia.

Btw what does ftw mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-16-10 at 07:35 PM.
    03-16-10 07:33 PM
    I just downloaded 5.0
    Yes, you can still scroll with the keypad, and much more
    importing bookmarks, doesnt look like you can, I dont see any import function
    its got a way different look than beta 2...i would check it out
    03-16-10 07:45 PM
    So far opera 5 feels slightly improved from 5.2 beta. I might stick with this than the native browser because I love tabs

03-16-10 07:52 PM
    I just downloaded 5.0
    Yes, you can still scroll with the keypad, and much more
    importing bookmarks, doesnt look like you can, I dont see any import function
    its got a way different look than beta 2...i would check it out
    but does the mouse still appear? i dont want it to appear what so ever. in 4.2...u can scroll using the number 2, 4, 6, 8 keys...but also...did u know u can also use "g" and "h" to scroll up and down a page. also on the trackpad, did i u know u can scroll left... it go page up and when u scroll right it will be page down. beta 2 i know u can use the 2,4,6, 8 keys, but not "g" or "h" and "left" and "right" on the trackpad. so what about version 5?
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-16-10 at 08:31 PM.
    03-16-10 08:07 PM
    I updated, and it downloaded my bookmarks from Opera. I import all bookmarks in the puter version. Aloha!

03-16-10 08:12 PM
    I know what you mean by using the trackpad to scroll quickly up and down by scrolling left and right, no...5.0 does not have that feature, nor will it scroll using g or h. but once you use the keypad to scroll, the mouse disappears.
    03-16-10 08:12 PM
    I just upgraded and I like it.

03-16-10 08:18 PM
    what about copy / paste...couldnt figure out how to do this in the beta 2 for the life of me. anybody?
    03-16-10 08:25 PM
    I know what you mean by using the trackpad to scroll quickly up and down by scrolling left and right, no...5.0 does not have that feature, nor will it scroll using g or h. but once you use the keypad to scroll, the mouse disappears.
    thx for clarify...i probably won't upgrade it then. i use 4.2 for this reason. never had to scroll left or right...just page up and down for most of the site. fastest browsing using this features. plus i heard there is still so lag on version 5. y can't opera allow u to have both version 4.2 and 5? i was able to have both 4.2 and beta 2 running on my 9700.
    03-16-10 08:33 PM
    I updated, and it downloaded my bookmarks from Opera. I import all bookmarks in the puter version. Aloha!

steps by steps procedures would be nice.
    03-16-10 08:34 PM
    This is a BIG disappointment for this release version to make it an official.. Cursor is lagging so much that it's unbearable to surf.. just not as smooth as a Beta 2 version and definately not as smooth as the BB browser. Personally, I prefer OM Beta 2 version than this official version. Whoever haven't upgrade their OM yet, count yourself LUCKY!
    03-16-10 08:36 PM
    The official release is the best browser for the storm series. Way better than 4.2 and beta1&2.IMO

03-17-10 12:39 AM
    what about copy / paste...couldnt figure out how to do this in the beta 2 for the life of me. anybody?
    Hold down your trackball, I don't know if its the same with the trackpad if you have one, but I would assume so.

03-17-10 12:52 AM
    This is a BIG disappointment for this release version to make it an official.. Cursor is lagging so much that it's unbearable to surf.. just not as smooth as a Beta 2 version and definately not as smooth as the BB browser. Personally, I prefer OM Beta 2 version than this official version. Whoever haven't upgrade their OM yet, count yourself LUCKY!
    Wow such as conflicting views. I guess it is one of those broswers that u either hate it or love it kinda thing.

03-17-10 07:43 AM
    I love v4.2. I hate the v5 official. Fonts are WAY too small (even with the largest size selected in Settings) and the cursor is WAY too jumpy. If they fix those two things I might consider it. Although, 4.2 has been working just fine for me.

03-17-10 07:55 AM
    I completely agree with that, nice look and functionality to it but on 9700 its so slow to scroll using the trackpad!
    so i switched back to the bb browser and it feels so much quicker and easier to use!
    03-17-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD