No I"m actually pretty good at math. Yes 99% was an exaggeration however shortcutme started out from day one copying QL's features. Sure it was amusing at first because you were new but it became a bit of an annoyance after repeated offenses. The only reason I didnt add multi click until recently was out of respect. I can show you many emails where I've told friends and customers I won't add that feature because it's scm's thing however when I saw you were going to take my StayLit feature and call it StayLit... well that's when I took my gloves off. You could have at least called it something else.
    Exaggeration!!! You bet it is. Don't make a fool of your self by exaggerate so much lies. If you are a top 5 app at least behave like one!

I saw you were going to take my StayLit feature and call it StayLit... well that's when I took my gloves off.
    This is another lie. I never mentioned in any post nor to anyone that it would be called StayLit. It was called StayLit long time after you released a version with multiclick for Tour. I only mentioned in a post late in Dec that I would add a feature like that. You did release the multiclick version for Tour on Dec. 27th. Your Gloves have been off long time ago, Mr. 99%

Besides, StayLit is not your idea. It was already applications doing that (Leave it On, etc) long time before you added that feature.

Multi-Click is an idea we have patented (Pending patent).
    After seeing your argumentation "skills", I am not sure if you see the difference.
    Last edited by Vijik; 01-06-10 at 01:52 AM.
    01-06-10 01:49 AM
    Yes you did. I saw you post it. You specifically said you would add "Stay lit'. And Stay lit is the name i gave to that feature.

By the way, it's illegal to market a product stating you have a patent pending when you dont actually have a patent pending.
    01-06-10 01:55 AM
    Actually I just checked your webpage. You called the feature 'Stay Lit'. sheesh
    First you said you didnt say it. now you say you only said you would add a feature 'like' stay lit. But there it is on the scm page "StayLit"
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 01-06-10 at 02:04 AM.
    01-06-10 01:59 AM
    And you're right. I misspoke. It wasn't when you stole my staylit. It was when you stole the auto backup feature of QL. my bad.
    01-06-10 02:00 AM
    ... not to mention the google and wikipedia search you also got from QL.
    and the 'Device Info'.
    01-06-10 02:02 AM
    Yes you did. I saw you post it. You specifically said you would add "Stay lit'. And Stay lit is the name i gave to that feature.

By the way, it's illegal to market a product stating you have a patent pending when you dont actually have a patent pending.
    One of your fans said that SCM did not have Stay Lit feature and I said I would add that feature. One day later you did add multi click. Gloves have been off long time ago. You are not telling the truth.

Stay Lit feature is not your idea. It was apps doing that before you copied from them. You should not be picky about that. Leave It On guys have to be picky with you!

It is illegal to knowingly copy someone else's patented idea and make money out of it.
    01-06-10 02:07 AM
    And about the 3 letter shortcuts, don't worry. It's coming.
    01-06-10 02:09 AM
    One of your fans said that SCM did not have Stay Lit feature and I said I would add that feature. One day later you did add multi click. Gloves have been off long time ago. You are not telling the truth.

Stay Lit feature is not your idea. It was apps doing that before you copied from them. You should not be picky about that. Leave It On guys have to be picky with you!

It is illegal to knowingly copy someone else's patented idea and make money out of it.
    I'm not talking about the functionality of stay lit. I'm talking about the name.
    The name was mine. I thought of those words 'Stay Lit'.
    01-06-10 02:10 AM
    Ok so I believe it's your turn to address why you had to make your main screenshots appear to look like a popup menu coming out of the side of the screen by cropping the image. I'll wait for your reply.
    01-06-10 02:11 AM
    I'm not talking about the functionality of stay lit. I'm talking about the name.
    The name was mine. I thought of those words 'Stay Lit'.
    You are not telling the truth. The name selection was not mentioned in any post at the time your gloves were off for a long time regarding Multi-Click.

Your gloves have been off for a very long time before that too:
    - Application list-
    SCM 03/2009,
    QL 2 months later (QL users had to first launch an app then add it to QL)

- Shortcut Keys-
    SCM: 03/2009,
    QL: 6 months later (still not supported for QL for storm, silly one key shortcut for other BB devices!!!) Common, copy it.

- Showing shortcuts beside the shortcut name-
    SCM: March 2009, QL: 7 months later

- Multi-click feature-
    SCM: 03/2009,
    QL: 9 months later

- Store/restore feature-
    SCM 04/2009,
    QL: 1 months later

So far, this covers the most crucial feature for a shortcut app, all of them you have copied from ShortcutMe.

Others:
    - Calendar_New,
    AddressBook_New,
    Calendar_DayView,
    Calendar_WeekView,
    Calendar_MonthView,
    Calendar_AgendaView
    SCM: 05/2009, QL: 3 months later.

- BT toggle-
    SCM: 06/2009, QL: 2 months later

- BT: Toggle with no parameter-
    SCM:10/2009 as QL was releasing a copy of the 2 months earlier SCM BT_toggle feature ,
    QL: 2 weeks later.

- Light App Switcher-
    SCM: 05/2009,
    QL: 2 months later

- GPS Config-
    SCM: 06/2009,
    QL: 4 months later

- FileLauncher, FolderShortcut-
    QL 2 weeks later

- WiFi toggle-
    QL: 1 month later

- Radio toggle-
    QL: 5 months later
    Last edited by Vijik; 01-06-10 at 02:28 AM.
    01-06-10 02:17 AM
    You have now derailed the discussion with your %99-Copying lie that it is boring for anyone else to see the discussion.

Last edited by Vijik; 01-06-10 at 02:29 AM.
    01-06-10 02:26 AM
    I am going to sleep now.
    01-06-10 02:41 AM
    Trial testing SCM as a QL user and all I can say is wow! SCM totally rocks in its own way. Can't help but think that if you two devs chilled out and got together, you guys would put out the sickest app! Charge twenty bucks and I would still buy it. QL to one convenience key and SCM to the other. But why can QSMS not sit in the background as a process and still launch SMS? Why can't QL/SCM set itself to "Q" as QSMS can? That way, they could act like Super QWERTY and be better off for it! I have immediately noticed the strengths and weaknesses of both. Offhand, QL is more polished and refined while SCM has a lot more options. Its like a E55 vs a Z06 in a way. I need both to be happy. Count the QL fan in me as a fan of SCM as well . With both installed, I now have single letter access to all thirty of my installed apps + twenty two left for native apps! Yes! Multiclick is acceptable, but single letter is fastest! PNG screenshots guys! JPG is wacked. Implement it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 04:53 AM
    The purpose of the red button is not to bring you to the homescreen. It puts the currently running app in the background that's all.
    On every BlackBerry I have owned (all 3 of them), when I press the red key the app I am in goes to the background and I am returned to the home screen. It always returns me to the home screen. I note that with some apps that are designed to do so, this behavior can be altered. For example, for some progs hitting the red button closes them and returns me to the home screen. In fact, QL is the only app I know which does not return you to the home screen after pressing the red button, the press closes QL only (it does not go to the background).

01-06-10 06:15 AM
    On every BlackBerry I have owned (all 3 of them), when I press the red key the app I am in goes to the background and I am returned to the home screen. It always returns me to the home screen. I note that with some apps that are designed to do so, this behavior can be altered. For example, for some progs hitting the red button closes them and returns me to the home screen. In fact, QL is the only app I know which does not return you to the home screen after pressing the red button, the press closes QL only (it does not go to the background).

I don't have a problem with QL and this red button... can you give more details where you experience this?
    01-06-10 08:17 AM
    If this positive one upmanship continues, it will not matter whether you own SCM or QL; each application will have the best features the consumers will win

This is healthy competition at work.

Keep it going.
    01-06-10 08:35 AM

The red key will do this with other pop ups... not just QL - try opening the "native" app switcher ribbon for example and the hiiting the red end key. It closes app switcher but does not return to the home screen...

01-06-10 09:09 AM
    I don't have any issue with the behavior. I was just responding to the notion that the red button only moves programs to the background.

01-06-10 09:13 AM
    @CheetahAce,
    I have a feature request for QuickLaunch. Where would be the best place for me to send it to you? I think it is something that neither app has right now, but I could be wrong.
    01-06-10 11:04 AM
    Umm.. for the 3rd time this thread... I've added this feature.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...ut-key-399679/ .
    It's currently on the 9700 version and will make it's way to all keyboard devices shortly.
    Thanks.

Trial testing SCM as a QL user and all I can say is wow! SCM totally rocks in its own way. Can't help but think that if you two devs chilled out and got together, you guys would put out the sickest app! Charge twenty bucks and I would still buy it. QL to one convenience key and SCM to the other. But why can QSMS not sit in the background as a process and still launch SMS? Why can't QL/SCM set itself to "Q" as QSMS can? That way, they could act like Super QWERTY and be better off for it! I have immediately noticed the strengths and weaknesses of both. Offhand, QL is more polished and refined while SCM has a lot more options. Its like a E55 vs a Z06 in a way. I need both to be happy. Count the QL fan in me as a fan of SCM as well . With both installed, I now have single letter access to all thirty of my installed apps + twenty two left for native apps! Yes! Multiclick is acceptable, but single letter is fastest! PNG screenshots guys! JPG is wacked. Implement it!

01-06-10 11:21 AM
    @CheetahAce,
    I have a feature request for QuickLaunch. Where would be the best place for me to send it to you? I think it is something that neither app has right now, but I could be wrong.
    email me at nikkisoft dot support g mail
    01-06-10 11:23 AM
    @CheetahAce,
    Post it here and we can time both QL and SCM to see who adds it first and who copies it second!

I have THREE launchers: Intellilaunch, SCM and QL

Each has its merits.
    01-06-10 11:32 AM
    Post it here and we can time both QL and SCM to see who adds it first and who copies it second!

I have THREE launchers: Intellilaunch, SCM and QL

Each has its merits.
    LOL!

I own Intellilaunch, kblauncher, QL and SCM. Also think own BBSmart Shortcuts. All of which have there merits and pit falls. It is indeed a good time to be a BB user. Of course, I don't use them all at the same time but I do use each intermittently. SCM has become my go to.

Previously, in this thread someone posted that they run QL and SCM concurrently, I have tried this and it seemed to result in error messages and various issues. The two apps don't seem to like each other and can't co-exist in the same space. So I am surprised to hear that someone is able to use them together. Whenever, I use one I usually uninstall the other, with the backup feature this is pretty painless.
    01-06-10 11:50 AM
    Too late! I've already emailed him and he's already replied!
    01-06-10 12:02 PM
    QL needs to be able to set itself to a key. That way we can use it as a (for example) "Q" key launcher. Much faster when your thumbs are in typing position to hit a keyboard shortcut key than the convenience key! And add the international YYYY-MM-DD notation!

Latest version, 2.17, in fact, does assign itself to the "Q" key!

You are indicating that scm can or does assign itself to a keyboard key? What key, or how do I do this? Also, like LaterDudePro, Yatca, etc. they inject themselves in every convenience menu, do QL and scm do that or have the option to do that? It does not appear so? I'll keep looking.
    01-08-10 02:38 AM
169 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD