QL was the very first app I paid for when I got my bb but this thread made me want to try out SCM.
    So far the only thing I like better about SCM is the media_pictures option. Other then that SCM is much harder to set up and has a lag time when launching. The multi click is kinda cool but doesn't always work if I click too fast (I'm guessing that's because of the lag). Another thing I don't like is if I want to scroll to an app it starts at the bottom and not the top (seems backwards).
    01-10-10 02:01 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.8.1.0 has now got Search_Bing! (it already had Search_Wikipedia, Search_ebay, Search_YouTube, Search_Amazon, Search_All, Search_Google, Search_Amazon, Search_YouTube, Search_Wikipedia, Search_Yahoo, Search_Flickr, Search_GoogleNews, Search_IMDB, Search_Newegg, Search_Twitter)

All Search applications in 3.8.1.0 keep tracking of the latest 20 search phrases and make them available for the user to select and use them in their new searches.
    01-11-10 08:18 AM
    "All Search applications in 3.8.1.0"

Which BB's can take advantage of this newest version? I've got the Tour.
    01-11-10 08:34 AM
    "All Search applications in 3.8.1.0"

Which BB's can take advantage of this newest version? I've got the Tour.
    So far only 9700.
    Alpha testing ShortcutMe 3.8.1.0 for Tour now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:35 AM
    Like Dubbin1 I tried SCM because of this thread. I found SCM more difficult to set up at first but when I got the hang of it seemed second nature. The first few days I was still using OL mostly. Amazing that most of my shortcuts are now on SCM! The multi letter feature is very natural and the screenshots are much higher resolution than OL. But OL feels somewhat lighter and Bluetooth enable and disable works properly. But SCM is still where most of my shortcuts (especially browser bookmarks) are stored because it just feels more natural the way it works. QL/SCM - How about a m.nciku.com search? Or a Topix search for local news? m.wunderground.com and m.answers.com are two awesome searches to consider as well!

01-12-10 03:49 AM
    . . . and Bluetooth enable and disable works properly.

. . . How about a m.nciku.com search? Or a Topix search for local news? m.wunderground.com and m.answers.com are two awesome searches to consider as well!

The bluetooth toggle works like a charm on my 9700. Did you try bluetooth_toggle2? The first one works for me but the alternative might work for you.

Also, I say the more search engines, the merrier. I particularly like your weather underground suggestion.

01-12-10 05:43 AM
    Like Dubbin1 I tried SCM because of this thread. I found SCM more difficult to set up at first but when I got the hang of it seemed second nature. The first few days I was still using OL mostly. Amazing that most of my shortcuts are now on SCM! The multi letter feature is very natural and the screenshots are much higher resolution than OL. But OL feels somewhat lighter and Bluetooth enable and disable works properly. But SCM is still where most of my shortcuts (especially browser bookmarks) are stored because it just feels more natural the way it works. QL/SCM - How about a m.nciku.com search? Or a Topix search for local news? m.wunderground.com and m.answers.com are two awesome searches to consider as well!

I feel exactly the same way. I own both, and up until this point, was a QL user. I tried scm last week, and now I am hooked, In fact, I moved QL to from my Left Side convenience key to my Right Side convenience key, which if you are a 9700 user, you know Right key is harder to push and less convenient - scm is now on my Left Side convenience key

It's definitely a power user app.
    01-12-10 08:05 AM
    ok now we need a 50% sale on SCM so all the QL users can buy the SCM .. what u think ... ??????????

private sale for people of this thread // haha
    01-12-10 08:30 AM
    There will be another QuickLaunch update this week with .png screenshots and some other new features.
    01-12-10 10:39 AM

Bluetooth_Toggle works fine if you have set ShortcutMe's permissions to Allow.

I will add those two search engines soon, but remember that you can use ShortcutMe's existing search applications to do a search using any internet search engine you want:

1- use your BB browser to go to the search engine of your choice. Do a search with shortcutme as the search phrase. When the search results are shown, copy the page address.
    Now create a shortcut and select Search_Google as AppName and paste the copied web address into parameter field. Give the shortcut a proper name (Search_wunderground).

Now when you launch that shortcut and enter a word, you do search on that search engine (wunderground, etc).

01-12-10 01:04 PM
    ok now we need a 50% sale on SCM so all the QL users can buy the SCM .. what u think ... ??????????

private sale for people of this thread // haha
    I would buy it for 1/2 off.
    01-12-10 01:32 PM
    Looking forwards to QL with PNG! Got SCM to search my fave query= sites! However, SCM should search on Enter/Return and NOT create a new line . What an annoyance to scroll to OK! Because SCM query= works, I would not add anymore searches! Keep the code base as light as possible! SCM gave us the ability to customize our queries, no need to add items some of us may not use. Keep it simple!

01-12-10 02:14 PM
    Looking forwards to QL with PNG! Got SCM to search my fave query= sites! However, SCM should search on Enter/Return and NOT create a new line . What an annoyance to scroll to OK! Because SCM query= works, I would not add anymore searches! Keep the code base as light as possible! SCM gave us the ability to customize our queries, no need to add items some of us may not use. Keep it simple!

3.8.1.0 does not require you to navigate to OK. You just click ENTER after you are done with entering the search key.

I did just added Search_Answers to 3.8.2.0 (only available for 9700 users. Other models will follow). But I agree that I should not add many more search apps because parameter field allows users to search on any online search engines anyway.

Both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe are packed with features that cost already more than $4.99 if you want to use them in a separate program.
    I will however think about the discount deal.
    01-12-10 09:15 PM
    Bluetooth_Toggle works fine if you have set ShortcutMe's permissions to Allow.

I will add those two search engines soon, but remember that you can use ShortcutMe's existing search applications to do a search using any internet search engine you want:

1- use your BB browser to go to the search engine of your choice. Do a search with shortcutme as the search phrase. When the search results are shown, copy the page address.
    Now create a shortcut and select Search_Google as AppName and paste the copied web address into parameter field. Give the shortcut a proper name (Search_wunderground).

Now when you launch that shortcut and enter a word, you do search on that search engine (wunderground, etc).

Having looked to create this - can I presume, this SEARCH stuff is not yet in all versions of SCM? Tour, for instance.

I know some of this is Rim's "fault." Their different devices and different OS's create havoc with app versions, too. But it would help when describing features to distinguish what is available in which version.
    01-12-10 10:01 PM
    I have both QL and scm. They both launch when hitting the spacebar on the home screen. I wish this could be configured. How annoying.

01-16-10 11:01 PM
    That behavior is theme dependent. I recall there was a theme that called both. The theme programmer thought folks would have one or the other app but not both.
    01-16-10 11:36 PM
    This competition is no good.

We will end up with applications that do everything apart from the task they were written for.

We would like lightweight apps that just do the shortcuts job. Weather, quick pull and other bells and whistles are irrelevant and they will lead both producers to chaos...

Thanks
    Athan
    04-24-10 08:04 AM
    This competition is no good.

We will end up with applications that do everything apart from the task they were written for.

We would like lightweight apps that just do the shortcuts job. Weather, quick pull and other bells and whistles are irrelevant and they will lead both producers to chaos...

Thanks
    Athan
    Interesting observation. I do think that some apps try to package too many features in.
    04-24-10 09:54 AM
    I like to have macros implemented but this look complicated!
    05-04-10 11:51 AM
169 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD