Umm.. for the 3rd time this thread... I've added this feature.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ne...ut-key-399679/ .
    It's currently on the 9700 version and will make it's way to all keyboard devices shortly.
    Thanks.
    You took the shortcut key QSMS uses! I had QSMS installed, and now I can't quickly compose a sms by hitting 'Q' on the keyboard! Argh! Don't worry, I still love your product. I have them both now....

Guys, make peace - please. It's childish and to the point of embarrassing now.
    01-08-10 02:51 AM
    Hey, Vijik, I saw in your movie "ListBgApps"? How do I do that?
    01-08-10 02:58 AM
    Also, like LaterDudePro, Yatca, etc. they inject themselves in every convenience menu, do QL and scm do that or have the option to do that? It does not appear so? I'll keep looking.
    In QL options you have an "add QL to system menu" option to which you can choose yes or no... So you choose if it's on the menu or not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 04:22 AM
    Latest version, 2.17, in fact, does assign itself to the "Q" key!

You are indicating that scm can or does assign itself to a keyboard key? What key, or how do I do this? Also, like LaterDudePro, Yatca, etc. they inject themselves in every convenience menu, do QL and scm do that or have the option to do that? It does not appear so? I'll keep looking.
    SCM can be launched from the keyboard nor can it be listed and launched from the system menu.

Regarding launching QL from the keyboard using the "Q" key, as far as I am able to tell this only works from the Home Screen. For me, at least, the whole point of these programs is that I don't have to return to the Home Screen to do anything.

Also, regarding using QSMS and QL or SCM together, why? Wouldn't it be just as quick to assign the function of compose SMS in either program to the "Q" key? That would be the same number of button presses needed with QSMS (unless you were already at the home screen - red key + Q), right?

01-08-10 05:27 AM
    Well, QSMS brings up a nice little select sms contact dialog . As you type, it filters the names.

It is not just as quick using QL or scm because of this reason - since with those programs you would still need to bring up the address book and select your contact.
    01-08-10 08:37 AM
    In QL options you have an "add QL to system menu" option to which you can choose yes or no... So you choose if it's on the menu or not...

Gawd, how did I miss that? I don't think scm has this option
    +1 for QL.
    01-08-10 08:37 AM
    In scm, I love the "SMS Shortcut". Is there something similar for sending a BBM note?
    01-08-10 11:07 AM
    why are so many people wanting Q to launch QL for example .. that can only be done from homescreen ... u can test it out now with qsms ... if u have any application open and press Q .. nothing happens .. but on homescreen only qsms will open .. that will be the same way QL will work ...

I prefer using convenience key to launch QL .. that way no matter what application u have open u can always launch QL

As of now i have a theme which allows u to launch QL with space bar ... so i use that when on homescreen ... even easier then convenience key

I havent tried SCM as of yet ... but two features i was looking for in QL is with the capture screen function ... there is only an option to email it .. looking for more options on how i can send the screen capture i just took

and also if u open calendar and hit menu there is an option for new Alarm ... QL doesnt have the option as of yet to make the new ALARM ... does SCM ?
    01-08-10 11:10 AM
    Q homescreen faster than convenience key in many cases. Homescreen is default when BB is idle. Just put thumbs in typing position and Q is more natural and faster to tap than convenience key when BB is idle. SCM can already do this by assigning Q or any letter to itself. Does new QL auto set Q to itself or allow to custom config like SCM does?

01-08-10 12:20 PM
    Btw, SCM has more screenshot options than QL for now! There is no reason not to use both. Cmon single letter access to almost anything. None of those two alone can do that! I appreciate them all!

01-08-10 12:23 PM
    Unless the devs can allow mapping of two instances and set convenience keys to both instances separately. Then you can have one app to both keys with diff configs! I should get a free code from someone for that suggestion!

01-08-10 12:26 PM
    Q homescreen faster than convenience key in many cases. Homescreen is default when BB is idle. Just put thumbs in typing position and Q is more natural and faster to tap than convenience key when BB is idle. SCM can already do this by assigning Q or any letter to itself. Does new QL auto set Q to itself or allow to custom config like SCM does?

my BB does not return to the homescreen when idle. It stays on whatever was the last screen I had opened even when I lock the keyboard or put in it standby when I unlock or take it out of standby, I am back in the last program I used.

Assigning a shortcut to launch SCM within SCM does nothing as far as I can tell. So the notion of QL allowing customizing of this feature like SCM is not a valid question as SCM does not have this feature. The feature of using Q to launch QL is not configurable and only behaves this way when in the home screen. I don't think you can turn it off at this point thus the complaints of conflicts from QSMS users as QSMS behaves the same way. I'm sure the developer will make it an option soon enough to remove this conflict for the QSMS lovers.
    01-08-10 06:04 PM
    Hey, Vijik, I saw in your movie "ListBgApps"? How do I do that?
    "ListBgApps" is not a feature. It is just there for testing. One of our alpha testers has done the movie and she knew about that hidden AppName.

If you want to try it add "ListBgApps" as an Extra AppName in the Common Config page.
    Then launch it either by creating a shortcut for it, or use the new feature in ShortcutMe 3.8 and launch it directly (without creating a shortcut):
    Conv. Key + 0 (Zero) + L + ....
    Last edited by Vijik; 01-09-10 at 12:15 AM.
    01-08-10 11:52 PM
    Unless the devs can allow mapping of two instances and set convenience keys to both instances separately. Then you can have one app to both keys with diff configs! I should get a free code from someone for that suggestion!

One of our users did ask us about the same thing a long time ago and we did develop him ShortcutMe_2.
    That, in addition to ShortcutMe, allow users to set each conv. key to a separate ShortcutMe program each having their own set of shortcuts.

ShortcutMe_2 is however not updated with the latest (latest version of ShortcutMe_2 is 3.0.4.0).
    01-09-10 12:02 AM
    my BB does not return to the homescreen when idle. It stays on whatever was the last screen I had opened even when I lock the keyboard or put in it standby when I unlock or take it out of standby, I am back in the last program I used.

Assigning a shortcut to launch SCM within SCM does nothing as far as I can tell. So the notion of QL allowing customizing of this feature like SCM is not a valid question as SCM does not have this feature. The feature of using Q to launch QL is not configurable and only behaves this way when in the home screen. I don't think you can turn it off at this point thus the complaints of conflicts from QSMS users as QSMS behaves the same way. I'm sure the developer will make it an option soon enough to remove this conflict for the QSMS lovers.
    Assigning an application to be launched from Home Screen key-clicks has some issues:

- It doesn't work on all themes. User get used to it and then as soon as they switch to a new theme they don't get access to their shortcut program and should change their habit: Very annoying.

- Q or whatever other keys are used today (and could be used in future) for other apps.

- Home Screen key launching is only available from Home Screen. That means the user has to go to home screen to access it. That kills the whole idea of a shortcut program. A shortcut program should be accessible by clicking maximum one key from anywhere.

It is a reason why the side keys are called Convenience keys!
    Last edited by Vijik; 01-09-10 at 12:17 AM.
    01-09-10 12:14 AM
    I agree. As I stated earlier in this thread, I think they entire purpose of a shortcut program is to make it so that you never have to see the home screen. And, guess what, I don't.

Last edited by RoninKSB; 01-09-10 at 01:48 PM.
    01-09-10 12:45 AM
    I have both. As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages. For example, QL launches Google Talk and BB Messenger much more elegantly. scm does not appear to have a single click solution that does not step through windows like a macro. I hope I am wrong about scm and it's ability to launch Google Talk and BBM?
    01-10-10 04:04 AM
    I have both. As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages. For example, QL launches Google Talk and BB Messenger much more elegantly. scm does not appear to have a single click solution that does not step through windows like a macro. I hope I am wrong about scm and it's ability to launch Google Talk and BBM?
    Both do this too. I believe that both have the limitation that they can not launch them unless they are already running. SCM allows for the macro but if you go to Common Config. and go to the Add New Application section and add the following (without the quotes): "BlackBerry Messenger*" and "Google Talk*" and then create shortcuts for each, you will have macro free shortcuts. You can also use the new direct launch feature and not need to create a shortcut at all.

Last edited by RoninKSB; 01-10-10 at 08:58 AM.
    01-10-10 08:56 AM
    Thank you, that worked! They really need to update their faq...
    01-10-10 12:20 PM
    Both do this too. I believe that both have the limitation that they can not launch them unless they are already running. SCM allows for the macro but if you go to Common Config. and go to the Add New Application section and add the following (without the quotes): "BlackBerry Messenger*" and "Google Talk*" and then create shortcuts for each, you will have macro free shortcuts. You can also use the new direct launch feature and not need to create a shortcut at all.

Actually, this only seems to be a partial solution. The apps now show up in the Direct Launch list, but not in the "App. Name" list when trying to create a shortcut. I would like to be able to set a shortcut to it. This is odd, because I have "Pandora*" added to the Common Config. list, and it does show up in the "App. Name" list, so I am able to create a shortcut to it.
    Last edited by conker; 01-10-10 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo
    01-10-10 12:43 PM
    Actually, this only seems to be a partial solution. The apps now show up in the Direct Launch list, but not in the "App. Name" list when trying to create a shortcut. I would like to be able to set a shortcut to it. This is odd, because I have "Pandora*" added to the Common Config. list, and it does show up in the "App. Name" list, so I am able to create a shortcut to it.
    They show up in both locations for me. In the Direct Launch List, they are there twice. Once with the asterisk and once without, the once without has a .. in front of it which, I believe indicates that it is running in the background. The one with the asterisk is the one that shows up in the App. Name list.

If the one with the asterisk is not showing up in the either list then I have to ask, did you save the Add New Application page before existing? Also, it might be a good idea to exit SCM and relaunch before creating the shortcut to give the list the chance to refresh itself.
    01-10-10 12:57 PM
    OK, I found the apps in the App Name list. They are at the top of the list because of the quotes. Now I can make a shortcut to it, but when selecting it, the app does not launch.
    01-10-10 01:02 PM
    OK, I found the apps in the App Name list. They are at the top of the list because of the quotes. Now I can make a shortcut to it, but when selecting it, the app does not launch.
    You overlooked the "without the quotes". The entry in add new applications should be:
    BlackBerry Messenger*
    Google Talk*

Let me know if this works.
    01-10-10 01:07 PM
    You overlooked the "without the quotes". The entry in add new applications should be:
    BlackBerry Messenger*
    Google Talk*

Let me know if this works.
    Ugh,*shoot myself in head*
    That worked, of course

Thanks for your support and patience with me
    01-10-10 01:10 PM
    Ugh,*shoot myself in head*
    That worked, of course

Thanks for your support and patience with me
    Da Nada. Helping out and getting help on things like this make Crackberry.com great.
    01-10-10 01:12 PM
169 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD