01-14-13 07:27 AM
712 ... 26272829
tools
    I have entered it correctly in the app itself, colons and all. Just missed them out on my web post.

Here it is as it is in the app

NavClick;NavClick;MENUKey;InjectDelay100;MenuItemF romBottom1;NavClick;

I added a delay and that didn't work either.

Pulled from my brain via my 9900 keyboard.
    03-01-12 03:01 AM
    I have entered it correctly in the app itself, colons and all. Just missed them out on my web post.

Here it is as it is in the app

NavClick;NavClick;MENUKey;InjectDelay100;MenuItemF romBottom1;NavClick;

I added a delay and that didn't work either.

Here you go

App Name: Fixmo Silencer
    Alternative launch: *
    Macros:
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    Delay1000;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromBottom1;
    NavClick;

You need a very long delay (1 second). I tried it at 900 and it didn't work for me.

I modified the macro to toggle the silencer on/off as well if you want.

App Name: Fixmo Silencer
    Alternative Launch: *
    Macros;
    NavClick;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveLeft1;
    NavClick;
    Delay700;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromBottom1;
    NavClick;
    03-01-12 04:11 AM
    Excellent. Thanks

The toggle one works fine, however a 3rd party app I have interferes with it when turning the silencer off.

Gonna uninstall it and see what happens

thanks for your help.

03-01-12 07:32 AM
    UPDATE: 5.9.6.0 is released for all BB models running BB OS 7
    5.6.6.0 is released for all other BB models running BB OS 4.7+, 5.x, and 6.x
    5.6.5.9 is released for all BB models running BB OS 4.3+, 4.5 and 4.6 (this one is only available on App World)

New

* NFC_Toggle accept parameter (location of the NFC from the top item (1) in the Manage Connections)

* Blueooth_Toggle accepts parameter (location of the BT from the top item (1) in the Manage Connections)

* Added IsValidNumber and IsValidText macros
    (These macros can be used to check if a variable contains a number or a text)

* Added 2 new operators (EndsWith and StartsWith) for macros
    Ex:

IF2 $var1 endsWith 2;
    THEN2;
    ELSE2;
    ENDIF2

* A bug related to Show macro is removed.

* Removed some bugs related to the User Interface
    tarmpung and erogoka like this.
    03-19-12 05:36 AM
    I'm really intrigued about this new Bluetooth Toggle feature. What does this feature allow the user to do that they couldn't before?

Currently, my BT macros are set up like this:

BTT Macro

LaunchAndWait Manage Connections; Delay500; MenuItemFromTop3; NavClick; Delay500; EscKey;

BT ON

If0 IsBtOn; Then0; Delay1000; Else0; ImportMacro BTT; EndIf0;

BT OFF

If0 !IsBtOn; Then0; Delay1000; Else0; ImportMacro BTT; EndIf0;

This kind of gets annoying because if the BT is already on and I have a CascadedMacro that includes the BT ON macro, I have to choose yes/no on a pop-up before the rest of the CascadedMacro can carry out it's function. If the BT is on and I'm trying to turn it off, then I don't have to jump through this extra hoop.

Will this new Bluetooth_Toggle feature eliminate the need for the pop-up for me to choose yes/no?

(I realize that is BT Toggle issue is embedded into RIM's OS. I'm just wondering if this is the work-around we've been waiting for...)
    03-19-12 07:20 PM
    If you already know how to write macro (which is obviously the case here), you don't need to use the new Bluetooth and NFC Toggle related changes.

The change in Bluetooth_Toggle and NFC_Toggle functions (in these new versions) help those who can't write macro and have WiFi Hotspot on their BB (Position of Bluetooth and NFC is changed comparing to those BBs with no WiFi Hotspot in Manage Connections).

Those users can just use the parameter to make the Bluetooth_Toggle and NFC_Toggle functions work correctly on their BB.

Unfortunately, IsBtOn macro calls an API in the BB OS that behaves differently depending on the BT status.
    Currently I don't have any workaround for that. As long as you always click on NO when you are asked by BB OS if you want to turn BT on, then, at least, your macro works correctly.
    quik4life likes this.
    03-19-12 09:34 PM
    'Updates' menu option is now active. (SCM>BB/Menu key>Updates)

You can use it to see what version is available for BBs running various BB OS versions.

5.6.5.9 is compiled for those of you who sent email asking why newer versions stopped to be available for old BBs running BB OS 4.6 or earlier (4.3, 4.5, 4.6).

5.6.5.9 has all the latest features/macros/bug fixes except (because of the API limitations on those old BB OS versions) GetProfileVolume, and IsProfileOnVibOnly macros that don't work.
    If you decide to upgrade your BB OS from those old BB OS versions to 4.7 or newer, then App World will offer you the free upgrade to 5.6.6.0, a version that does have all the latest including working GetProfileVolume, and IsProfileOnVibOnly macros.
    03-20-12 08:49 AM
    I installed v5.6.6 on in 9800
    But not found Isvalidnumber, IsValidText,... in Macro Editor
    Why ?
    03-21-12 11:14 AM
    I installed v5.6.6 on in 9800
    But not found Isvalidnumber, IsValidText,... in Macro Editor
    Why ?
    So those 2 new macros are not listed in the drop down menu in Macro Editor, but you can use them in your macro?
    03-21-12 12:36 PM
    @KhaiSilk1910,

How is it going? Did you find those 2 macros in the drop down list in Macro Editor?
    03-22-12 05:58 AM
    ShortcutMe is on sale today (%40 off).
    If you have friends who wanted to get this app, or who already got NFCShortcuts , or MediaKeyBooster or MyOwnHotKeys, let them know about this sale.

The sale is planned to end today after 11:59 PM (PST).
    03-23-12 02:41 PM
    ShortcutMe is on sale today (%40 off).
    If you have friends who wanted to get this app, or who already got NFCShortcuts , or MediaKeyBooster or MyOwnHotKeys, let them know about this sale.

The sale is planned to end today after 11:59 PM (PST).
    Thanks. I have been looking to purchase this for a while now and was just waiting on a sale.

I noticed that current version is 5.9.6 and you have been constantly adding improvements to the app. Is version 6 coming out soon and will there be a charge to upgrade from version 5.x?
    03-23-12 06:36 PM
    Moving this post from another thread:

I noticed that there is a discounted price of this app not 50% but 40% (still good). The discount price is for today (March 23) only. Does anyone know what time the sale will end (midnight Eastern Time or 12 AM Pacific Time)? There is something funky with my payment setting in app world and I won't be able to fix until I get home from work.

To Developer: Thanks for the sale!
    You posted in a very old thread.
    ShortcutMe will also be on sale today (same deal:%40 off) because of request from buyers in Asia who where sleeping when the sale was first announced.
    03-24-12 11:07 AM
    Thanks. I have been looking to purchase this for a while now and was just waiting on a sale.

I noticed that current version is 5.9.6 and you have been constantly adding improvements to the app. Is version 6 coming out soon and will there be a charge to upgrade from version 5.x?
    Since 3 years ago, ShortcutMe had 51 free upgrades and 1 paid ($0.99).
    In the same period, competitors have requested 3 paid upgrades each for ($1.99).

I am constantly working on developing/testing new versions. If I were you, I would take advantage of the sale now and get it for %40 off.
    Even if the future version ended up as paid, it will be less than what you save on sale today.
    That also means that you can faster get your hands on macros (your own macros)
    03-24-12 11:20 AM
    Yes, but I am an enormous fan of hotkeys. The default hotkeys are as follows:
    a = address book
    b = browser
    c = compose email
    d = memo pad
    h = help
    k = password lock
    l = calendar
    m = messages
    n = BlackBerry messenger
    o = options
    p = phone
    s = universal search
    t = tasks
    u = calculator
    v = saved messages
    x = windows live messenger
    y = yahoo messenger

However, Fonware has an app called MyOwnHotkeys that allows you to re-assign almost every single key (a-z and space) to whatever you want. It also supports multi clic (4 apps per key) fully configurable (turn off multi click and just assign 1 thing per key, or disable altogether)

The application shortcuts do take a little getting used to, but hitting "s" for universal search is second nature to me now.
    This was posted a while back, but I had it saved for when I got around to messing with hotkeys. For OS 7.1, 'C' brings up Contacts for me...
    03-26-12 08:45 AM
    This was posted a while back, but I had it saved for when I got around to messing with hotkeys. For OS 7.1, 'C' brings up Contacts for me...
    Unfortunately original BB Hotkeys are not persistent over BB models and OS.

Those who are using MyOwnHotKeys are not hit by a sudden change in their hotkeys when they switch to another device or Blackberry OS.
    03-26-12 09:13 AM
    Can someone explain these options when creating (adding) a shortcut?

- What is strokes for and how to use it?

- What is alternative launching for and how to use it?

- What are the benefits of using category and symbol?
    03-29-12 06:51 PM
    Can someone explain these options when creating (adding) a shortcut?

- What is strokes for and how to use it?
    Create a shortcut (SCM>BB Key>Add) and set 'Strokes' to ASD.
    Now each time you open ShortcutMe, you can launch that shortcut by moving your finger over A S D on the virtual keypad (Available only on devices with touch screen)

- What is alternative launching for and how to use it?
    Some apps can't be launched using the usual app launching mechanism. Alternative Launch was added 2 years ago to allow users to force SCM to use other methods to launch other apps.
    Example: App World can't be launched the normal way. Setting Alternative Launch to # will however allow ShortcutMe to launch App World.

- What are the benefits of using category and symbol?
    Category, allows several shortcuts to be shown as only one item in the main shortcut page of ShortcutMe.
    For example if you have several shortcuts for launching various games, you can set all of those shortcuts in Games category.
    Then when you open SCM, only one Game item is shown in the main shortcut page of SCM.

Symbols let you easily find a shortcut in the main shortcut page.
    For example you can set all of your weather related apps to have a weather symbol so that you can easily see them in the list instead of reading their name.
    03-29-12 08:57 PM
    Currently having OS 7.1.0.340 on a 9930 and SCM version 5.9.6.0 and I'm not sure if this is happening to others, but for me the toggle wi-fi doesn't seem to always work. At first I thought it might have been because I was typing the wrong keys to initiate, but I just witnessed it with NFC Shortcuts where it is supposed to trigger the shortcut TW from SCM to toggle wi-fi. What happened instead was nothing so wi-fi never turned on. Trying for a second time it did.

Not sure if this is related, but scheduled launches seem to be not working again =( I have Google Sync set to sync Monday through Friday at a specific time, but when the time comes nothing happens.
    04-02-12 09:09 AM
    I will check the sceduled launches.

Have you tried to use WiFi_toggle2

Wifi_toggle is using an API instead of toggling through the Manage Connections.
    As long as you use Wifi_toggle to switch wifi, you are fine, but if you switch wifi manually or through a macro, then it might fail once before it gets synced and work correctly after that.
    If you are using other methods to switch wifi, just use wifi_Toggle2 instead.
    04-02-12 01:24 PM
    I will check the sceduled launches.

Have you tried to use WiFi_toggle2

Wifi_toggle is using an API instead of toggling through the Manage Connections.
    As long as you use Wifi_toggle to switch wifi, you are fine, but if you switch wifi manually or through a macro, then it might fail once before it gets synced and work correctly after that.
    If you are using other methods to switch wifi, just use wifi_Toggle2 instead.
    Thanks for the tip on the alternative to the WiFi toggle and their differences. As for the scheduled launches it might be working fine, but my macro is hanging things up. Hopefully someone can pick it apart and point out my errors...

If0 !IsLocked;
    Launch Google Sync*;
    Set $curtime=GetTime;
    /*If1 $curtime == 0714;
    Then1;*/
    Delay140;
    MENUKey;
    ENTERKey;
    ENTERKey;
    /*ESCKey;
    EndIf1;*/
    EndIf0;

I currently have the time check statement commented out so that I can repeatedly test this... What's happening for me is Google Sync is launched and none of the MENUKey or ENTERKey items are getting processed. The ESCKey looks to get processed since without the commenting out of that line, Google Sync looks to exit.
    04-05-12 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the alternative to the WiFi toggle and their differences. As for the scheduled launches it might be working fine, but my macro is hanging things up. Hopefully someone can pick it apart and point out my errors...

If0 !IsLocked;
    Launch Google Sync*;
    Set $curtime=GetTime;
    /*If1 $curtime == 0714;
    Then1;*/
    Delay140;
    MENUKey;
    ENTERKey;
    ENTERKey;
    /*ESCKey;
    EndIf1;*/
    EndIf0;

I currently have the time check statement commented out so that I can repeatedly test this... What's happening for me is Google Sync is launched and none of the MENUKey or ENTERKey items are getting processed. The ESCKey looks to get processed since without the commenting out of that line, Google Sync looks to exit.
    What SCM version are you using? And Vijik if needed can you hook me up with it? Now, I'm a little confused as to why you have a specifc time within the macro, since you could theoretically just schedule it for that time and that time only... But either way, here's what I did. I added some Else's just because it's good form. Also, Google Sync will now only launch if it's actually needed. If you REALLY want to launch it and just have it open but do nothing, let me know. Umm think that's all I changed

If0 !IsLocked;
    Set $curtime=GetTime;
    If1 $curtime==0714;
    Then1;
    LaunchAndWait Google Sync*;
    MENUKey;
    ENTERKey;
    NavClick;
    Delay150;
    ESCKey;
    Else1;
    Stop;
    EndIf1;
    Else0;
    Stop;
    EndIf0;
    04-05-12 10:44 AM
    What SCM version are you using? And Vijik if needed can you hook me up with it? Now, I'm a little confused as to why you have a specifc time within the macro, since you could theoretically just schedule it for that time and that time only... But either way, here's what I did. I added some Else's just because it's good form. Also, Google Sync will now only launch if it's actually needed. If you REALLY want to launch it and just have it open but do nothing, let me know. Umm think that's all I changed

If0 !IsLocked;
    Set $curtime=GetTime;
    If1 $curtime==0714;
    Then1;
    LaunchAndWait Google Sync*;
    MENUKey;
    ENTERKey;
    NavClick;
    Delay150;
    ESCKey;
    Else1;
    Stop;
    EndIf1;
    Else0;
    Stop;
    EndIf0;
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using version 5.9.6.0 on 7.1.0.340. The reason I have a specific time within the macro is so that it's activated at 7:14am via SCM's scheduled launches to sync, but also allow me to open up Google Sync via the same macro when it's not that specific time and to not sync. Is there a reason why you went with NavClick; instead of a second ENTERKey the way I did in my original?
    04-05-12 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'm using version 5.9.6.0 on 7.1.0.340. The reason I have a specific time within the macro is so that it's activated at 7:14am via SCM's scheduled launches to sync, but also allow me to open up Google Sync via the same macro when it's not that specific time and to not sync. Is there a reason why you went with NavClick; instead of a second ENTERKey the way I did in my original?
    Ahh, ok.
    And no, using NavClick to interact with dialogs is just habit.

If it's still giving you problems let me know. And I'll try putting it in auto launch
    04-05-12 05:07 PM
    Thanks a lot! Can you give me shorcutme.cod version 5.6.6.0 to install. and I will register later!
    04-05-12 08:04 PM
712 ... 26272829
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD